An new advices for the new router?

Corpfox

Active Member
I got the firmware updated, wireless is complete, passwords, etc. Is there anything else I'm missing?

Its a new router, D-Link Wireless Gaming Router and so far, playing on-line games are seamless. Got a 50 ping on GFC CS:S server, my previous was 150. :eek: Though, should be tested when there is people in the server.

I tested on a active 40 player server in CS:S, no freezes, smooth connection at 150 ping. Previous router, it freezes a while, then lags/slows down since 40 players is a lot of lag.

And Starcraft, wow. Previous router, I had to wait for a couple mins just to show the game's list. Then, for about 30 mins, I would be disconnected. :mad: Now, much better.

I'm sure most of you know this kind of technology, so I won't brag about its features.

But like above, is there anything I should need or require to change/modify on certain/specific settings?
 
encrytp wireless if possible. Enable game fuel (i.e. QOS) and set to about 100kbits/s lower than ur upload and set ur game ports to high priority. That way others on network uploading wont lag u out of game, prolly 400 or so ping.

I have qos set at 700kbits/s and ports 27015 (cs), 8767(ts server), 16567(bf2) set on high. Depends on what games u play.
 
and set to about 100kbits/s lower than ur upload and set ur game ports to high priority.

My upload test is 470kbps, my Measured Uplink Speed on the router is over 500kbps, my current Uplink Speed on the router says 128kbps. It can go up to 2048kbps. Leave it on its default settings, Talon?

For Priority, I have only numbers, not phrases. 0 (Zero) = High Priority, 255 (Two hundred and fifty five) = Low Priority. Its current settings is, 0 (Zero). Since I did not have problems on the previous game in GFC CS server, it looks like it is correct.

I am surprised it has over 90 games that can automatically port forwarding, compared to others that you have to manually port fowarding, a real hassle.
 
Set it for about 450kbit for upload.

set cs port 27015 for 255 and any other games, anything else wont need to touch. It may lower ur ping a bit with just having cs set on high priority.
 
set cs port 27015 for 255 and any other games

The Source and Destination IP Range are currently, 0.0.0.0 - 255.255.255.255.

The Source and Destination Port Range are currently, 1 - 65535.

I have 3 options on Protocols: ICMP, TCP, UDP. Since I don't know which is it, I chose, ANY.

Now, if you want me to change something in the Port section, from where to where do I change them?

27015 - 65535?
 
wow, highly customozable.

Set souce/destination for ur LAN ip of you computer, or just llike 192.168.1.100-192.168.1.1xx for your computers, maybe like 110, so ur ip on ur comp can change through dhcp and u wont have to worry.
Do tcp, udp, u can do any of them if it dont give u a multi option.
ports 27015-27015
 
Last edited:
Back
Top