And you thought it was over...

Elader Arkon

Helped Tek test a thing
But the Duke won't die. from Kotaku.

Even if it is a terrible game that I'll never play (either gameplay or content), I will likely buy it just to own a piece of gaming history. IF it ever actually does get released.

And if it is released on time in 2011, I'm sure we will also see Half Life 2: Episode 3, and the last novel in the Wheel of Time series released in 2011 as well. o_O

Looks like it's time to do a quick cash in and chew bubble gum...

I am here to chew bubble gum and kick [butt]... and I've run all out of bubble gum.
-"George Nada" (Roddy Piper) in They Live (1988)

Remember when people thought the large hadron collider would destroy the universe?

It didn't. But this would. Yes, the release of Duke Nukem Forever would surely cause a rift in time and space that would destroy the universe.

Or maybe not. It could turn out like Daikatana.

One could argue that the possible outcomes are equally bad.

Slated for a Summer 2034 release, sequel to the popular Duke Nukem Forever comes the latest installment, Duke Nukem Eternity. Eternity features outdated graphics, rusty gameplay, and a budget that made Avatar 3: Unobtanium Obtained's look like an indie film. The Duke is back.

/future

It's neat that game isn't vaporware, but I don't really dig the macho 90's vibe of the series.

Considering the original author is now dead, the chances of it actually happening have increased dramatically.

I hope the last WHeel of Time novel gets printed that would be so nice :/
Wheel of Time STILL isn't finished?

I gave up around book 7 or 8 or 9. I don't remember which. Books 1-3 were excellent. Everything that followed? Not so much.

To be fair, I read The Lord of the Rings in 7th or 8th grade (and still had a better understanding of the books than Peter Jackson). It was the first fantasy epic I read, making everything after (with the exception of The Chronicles of Narnia) pale in comparison. The first three books of Wheel of Time gave me hope that this Robert Jordan guy knew what he was doing. Then I read through book 4. And trudged through book 5. And labored through book 6. Ugh. I can't believe I bothered reading anything after 6. I guess I'm a hopeless romantic after all.

I know hes dead but I heard rumors of a fan gorup going to finish off the Title for him not sure if its true though :/
Eh? Fan group? I thought his family was going to take the last of his notes and finish off the last book?

actually, Brandon Sanderson was brought in to finish the book.
Not surprisingly, the one book suddenly became a trilogy... each book of which is as large if not larger than any previous book of the series.

The first of the three 'The Gathering Storm' was published last year, the next is to be published this year, and the last supposedly next year.

Back