Behind our Character names

Wow Dredd, i think i heard that somewhere. thats some awsome faith right there.

Mo/Me: His Traveling Monk: well, thats something that i wouldnt mind doing for God, and i guess it does fit with my whole He Who, Holy is He thing i have going on.

Mesmer: Chadley Bradley -> My "stage" name per se... I made it up during an improv sketch, and it's stuck.

Assassin: Chadley Sanzio -> Named after the ninja turtle, Raphael, who was named after the artist Raphael Sanzio.

Ranger: Chadley of Loxley -> Named after Robin of Loxley, aka Robin Hood.

Paragon: Chadley of Achaea -> The Achaeans were the Greek army that attacked Troy in Homer's Iliad.

-Chadley

Mrs Bah Bo caused I'm married to babo
and babo played as Bah Bo

Heather Jade because that is the name I wanted if we have a girl..(however I no longer want my girl to be named that...now I like Hannah Jade)
My husband, Babo, played as Seth Alan since that is the name we want for a boy.

Thang One because we couldn't think of any other names, so I am Thang One and babo is Thang Twoo

Chadley Bradley

My name is Chad(suprise?), but all my friends call me Chadley, and that (Chadley Bradley) has been a nickname ever since I made it up during a scene in an improv class. The full title would be, "Chadley Bradley, 6 o'clock news at 7." :p See ya!

-Chadley

My name is Chad also. For some reason I always hated "Chadley". Hated it quite a bit actually. lol. I'm glad you don't have that problem because I know people line up to call us that.

Anyway... Dahc is in all my character names. It's Chad backwards... Pretty simple. No imagination required... well, all except one. Qui Chang Jr. lol. My tyrian monk. His days are numbered though.

I have actually used all 9 char(racter) slots in my account, geeze im a geek. Three of them are pack mules for now, so I wont bother listing them.

Arthas Light Of Bn
Ranger/Anything
I have been using the name "Arthas" since 1997-98, from the game Warcraft 3, in various games. I started by naming char in mmo's BNArthas bacause the name was different and not taken. This name was originally supposed to be jsut Arthas Lightbringer, but was too long so he is of Bn. aka me.

Tenchi Takahashi Bn
Assassin/Elementalist
I dunno where I came up with this name, might be derived from various anime's I used to watch. Of course I added Bn for the same reason as before.

Zasalamel Of Bn
Dervish/Warrior
This name came from the PS2 game Soul Calibur 3, by a scythe wielding dervish of the same name. Of Bn was added for, well you should know by now.

Demon Hunter B N
Warrior/Monk
Named from my favorite Christian metal band, Demon Hunter. I had plenty of room for adding B N.

Kadaj Strife O Bn
Elementalist/Monk
Name came from the movie Final Fantasy VII:Advent Children, one character was named Kadaj who called tha main character, Cloud Strife, bother. Ive used this name for nearly a year now.

The Eleventh Legion
Monk/Warrior
This one has a really awesome story behind it. Zim from four star created a monk for pre that had interesting background. While Jesus was in the garden for prayer, he mentiond to his disciples that he had the power to call forth 12 legions of angels to defend him. I followed this up by suggesting that we get 10 other people to create a mini legion of M/W for use in pre and post, just for fun. So far we have The Twelth Legion, The Eleventh Legion, and The Tenth Legion characters.

Thats all that I will play till the next expantion.

My name is Chad also. For some reason I always hated "Chadley". Hated it quite a bit actually. lol. I'm glad you don't have that problem because I know people line up to call us that.

Yeah, I've never minded at all. I wonder if you have the same problem though that nearly everyone I know calls me something different... Chaddy, Chadley, Chadwick, Chadrick, Chady-Pants, Chakeen... I guess, if nothing else, it's a little more variety in my life...

-Chadley (<-- nickname of choice)

PS- I'm suprised I didn't notice Dach sooner because I was always rather proud that my name backwards made more sense than most...

Dwain Dibley - its a character off a local tv series, my dad said I DARE YOU TOO PUT IT! so i did muhahahaha

Godess from above - thought it was different and original for a dervish

The other which i cant spell were two names off a generator combined -_- lame i know

R/Mo - I Liek Cheez.....I'm not creative with names, and that's just something I used to play as in CS...I was I Liek Cheez, a friend of mine was "I liek cheez also" and his cousin was "I too liek cheez as well"

Me/N - Hay is for Horses...that's just a song on a cd I have :p

Yeah, I've never minded at all. I wonder if you have the same problem though that nearly everyone I know calls me something different... Chaddy, Chadley, Chadwick, Chadrick, Chady-Pants, Chakeen... I guess, if nothing else, it's a little more variety in my life...

Just be thankful you weren't in Florida in late 2000, or you might have been known as "Hanging Chad".

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff;205914 said:
Just be thankful you weren't in Florida in late 2000, or you might have been known as "Hanging Chad".

Are you kidding me? Hanging Chads and especially Pregnant Chads broke all barriers of time and space. (ie- I got called it in Kansas in 2000, and I still get called it sometimes...)

-Chadley

I wonder if you have the same problem though that nearly everyone I know calls me something different... Chaddy, Chadley, Chadwick, Chadrick, Chady-Pants, Chakeen... I guess, if nothing else, it's a little more variety in my life...

-Chadley (<-- nickname of choice)

When I was a kid, it happened all the time. I'm 37 now so it hasn't happened in a while. My Dad was the worst offender. lol. When he was a kid (in the 1600's...lol), there was a doll for children called chaddy-cathy... Oh man! He used to make me so angry with that. lol. It's amazing the things you remember sometimes.

This is Mirawyn, posting for my husband, since HE won't...

Behind my HUSBAND'S character names:

Xandria Moonbrooke, one of his regular PvP characters (usually monk) is named for MY first D&D character, in the hopes that I would then play her; I don't. :D

Autumn Moonbrooke, his PvE necro, is named after her.

Paulus Secundus, his PvE rit: Zanthox/Arks Lina was in the guild before us, and is also named Paul. (He's one of the ones who started JCHC, so he's still in the alliance.) On TS, everyone started referring to them as "Paul One" and "Paul Two" when they were in the same channel. Hence, Paulus Secundus.

Eva Alexandria will remain unexplained. If you know, don't tell. ;)

Dorkelf of Soe, his PvP male necro, is modeled after Prince Zordar, the Star Blazers character in his avatar.

Pretty much every other character name is chosen to amuse him. Did I mention his sense of humor can be very corny? :rolleyes:

ok i got two new characters
He Wants You: A/*: i am still in awe that we humans are the center of God's mind. That he doesnt need us, but he WANTS us. i find that so cool, and really inpsiring, that God almighty, the Great I-Am, OUR KING! would want lil ol' me. my pets name is "he dnt needu" i didnt have enough room for what i wanted... :(

my newest character
He Is Our Adonai: N/?: Adonai is a hebrew term for reverence of God. so i am hoping that what my characters name is "He Is Our God". anyway... my new characters, thought i share them with ya.

oh ya.. it took me like 15 mins to find this thread... is there any easier way to find old threads then searching through all my old posts.. i had to go like 20 pages back.

EDIT: 26 pages back accualy

OK my Ranger Chris the Nimble... He is a ranger and my name is Chris in RL so rangers have a tendency to be nimble :)

My healer in PvE is Lady of Mending. Self-explanatory ;)

My Assasin's name is Dagger in the back. Assasins tend to play dirty hehe.

Ok I got boring names lol.

ok i guess i need an update.

Mathias- Still around, burninating his way through anyone

Veni Vedi Vechi- i am getting into latin and this means I came, I saw, I conquered. she replaced Mrs. Eat your Face and is my new MM and i know Vechi doesnt have the H but the correct spelling was (just like Destroyer) taken. so i made it my own.

Scipio- still rocking in Cantha

Lil-still uber

Willow Whacker- my dervish, i wanted a cooler name but all my ideas were taken. i chose willow because of the tree, how the branches sway and swish in the wind reminded me of the dervish with their scythe and whacker cuz well, she will whack you in the face with that scythe of hers!

and thats all folks!
Joey

Back