Best PC games for couples?

smile.gif
the sims

I'm not even going to touch to on TSO and how there's little girls running bordelous or however you spell it and what not.

lol. BUT WHAT!?!?! GENESIS AND HES.C.S ARE MARRIED!?!??! *eyes spinning* i'm so confused.
tounge.gif
I dunno who is who and what is what...

*whisper* [everything you know, is a lie] :0 lol.

Guild Wars is coming out soon. I know it's an MMORPG but it's got no monthly fee, is made by former Blizzard/Battle.net employees, and is supposed to be based more around strategy instead of number of hours invested into tracking down rare items and such. The design motto was, "spend most of your time having fun, not preparing to have fun."

Civilization III is a good choice, as it's a strategy game that revolves more around actual strategy and less around memorizing hotkeys and building up heroes (*cough* Warcraft III *cough*).

My entire family, parents included, enjoyed playing the Mario Party series of games on N64. They've got some out now for GameCube but we haven't tried those. Not sure if you've got either one of those consoles.

Also, there's two old-school computer games that you both might enjoy (at least, I certainly like them, and they don't involve reflexes or mouse skill). First is NetHack, a hack-and-slash RPG that started as Hack, a game for the BSD flavor of UNIX. It's the world's oldest computer game still in development, and you can get it from www.nethack.org. It's an extremely deep game with a learning curve that has grown steeper with each new release. Yet Another Nethack Site can help you overcome it. Once you learn your way around (which took me about 2 weeks), you'll find it to be very addicting. Plus you can find a version of it for just about every platform. I don't think the dev team will be satisfied until you can slay kobolds and loot treasure chests on your alarm clock.

The other is Hexxagon, a game released when I was just a wee lad. I remember playing the original shareware version of it on my dad's IBM. It was one of the first 3 1/4" floppy disks I had. It's free shareware, and I don't think the company that made it even exists anymore. It still runs on WinXP. If you'd like a copy of it, PM me and I'll email it to you or something-- it's small.

There's a Java applet version of it here, but it just isn't the same to me. The sounds and the computer opponent are just not as good on the Java version.

Awesome, thanks DV. I was trying to remember isketch just recently, but I couldn't think of what it's called. I've never played, but I hear it's a lot of fun.
smile.gif

i'm sure we got lots here that's willing to give mrs. Tek lesson on CS
tounge.gif
but maybe tek won't allow that cuz if she kicks his butt.. erm.. ok i won't go further.

How about RTS? Classic StarCraft or Wc3.

If she's new at RTS, theres always comp stomps wehre Tek can fly into help here and such
smile.gif

Don't know if your XBox owning folks, but lots of the Live enabled games let you play together split screen which is loads of fun.

Dungeon Siege!

Even my sisters play with us when my brothers and I are playing... and normally they don't play games...

Yeah Dungeon Siege rocks. If you need another party member sometime come get me, I've not played much online (it was dead when I bought it) but the single player is awesome.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ember @ Jan. 15 2005,4:26)]Gah, you make me sound like such a girl.
tounge.gif

It's not total disinterest...I just really, reallllly suck.
smile.gif
lol, just play a bit..everyone sucks when they first start just...watch out for red...she's getting mega good
tounge.gif

For some reason Soul Caliber 2 gets me and the gf's blood running. Of course, when she beats me...well...yeah.

If you're both into computers and stuff, I'd go with an RTS like Age of Empires or Battle for Middle Earth. Of course, the most fun we've had together is just kicking back with Mario or Contra.
laugh.gif

Red i think can whoop URACORPSE now...hmm well see.. dunnn dundun dun......dun dundundun duuuuuuuuuun -dragnet song-

Back