• Warrior

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Ranger

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ursen

Officer SOE/LoE/Where's "here"?
Ok another poll on favorite class. The game has been around long enough for most of us to decide on favorite class. I realize that despite what the developers tried to do we just plain prefer some races for certain classes, but race is not the real question here, but what class you prefer. I know some of you started out with one class and after some experimentation just got an epiphany with one class. Some started with one class and just stuck with it, no matter tinkering with other classes. So in your opinion what is the classiest class?

It's understandable...I know you just wanted to give other classes a chance. Voting Guardian anyway. :)

I have to say, I love the the variety of all the other classes, and I'm really enjoying my freshly minted ranger and elementalist... But when I just got to get it done, I send in the warrior.

I really enjoyed my Mesmer while leveling, contrary to the conventional wisdom that they are terrible to level. When they added the LoS patch, I got frustrated and switched to Ele.

I'm loving the Ele. I was frustrated by Mesmer's relative lack of speed out of combat, as well as the difficulty in tagging mobs during large events. Both issues that Ele has no problem with. I was also having difficulty finishing gearing my Mesmer, because I was putting together a condition oriented set that was either very expensive on the TP or only obtainable through dungeon running.

Now that I have a bit more money, I'm thinking about finishing off the Mesmer just for varieties sake.

I still plan on leveling up every class but Necro at some future date.

i have played all classes except warrior
and so far i can't decide whether i like my thief more or my ele lol

I may be the only one to vote necro...lol.

I tried all the classes out to about 10 or so but I could not get past level 5 on a necro to begin with. After leveling several up to the 20s but still had not found one I wanted to focus on. Mainly just to have a change of pace from day to day depending on what I felt like doing. My son told me I should really try the necro again and try to stick with it to 10...I did...and beyond. He became my first max lvl character in ANY MMO I played...and I still have a ton of "end game" stuff I can do. Want to get him out into WvW and see how he does or if I am going to focus on another class to 80 for WvW.

Took him up the leveling route outside the norm by not using minion master builds (I do, however, use Flesh Golem as my Elite most of the time). Built him as a hybrid (cond and burst) and WOW...loving the class.

Last edited:
I like the idea of a tanky condition-spreader.

I just can't get over the flesh/rot/death/fear thing. Just for giggles, I played around with a Necro the other day in the CC and made a female Norn with pink hair, died her frilly girly starter costume pink and green, and picked the skull face marking. Got her into the starter instance and creeped myself out. She got deleted.

Last edited:
The Ranger love is coming to the fore. I would think a good portion of this would be from pets. So far, despite a few issues, they have not done bad creating a tank, damage, healing assist. For rangers try putting in the trait that gives you increased healing from the pet, the difference is very marked. I am just learning the advantage to tactical pet swaps, that is something that has taken me a long time to learn. As far as the War in second place, what can I say? There are always those who love to get up close and ugly with the enemy. Although with my level 13 warrior I am starting to love the rifle, not the up close and ugly part.

Another way of looking at the poll:

1 vote each for the classes that people have been saying are most problematic since launch.
2 votes each for the classes that are dominant in PvP.
3+ votes for the classes that sail through a lot of PvE.

Only one vote for Guardian so far, but then again being left off the poll may be skewing those results.

Are we seeing a reflection that LoE leans PvE?

Rangers can use ranged weapons, dual wield axes, and charm pets. 'nuff said.

I keep thinking I want to roll another character, but I just <3 Ranger gameplay too much.

Necromancer gameplay at low levels (under 10) seems rather bland, but it sounds like it gets interesting later on. Maybe I should play my Asura Necromancer a bit more...

My wife plays a Guardian, so I was thinking I'd pass on rolling one of my own, but Guardian DOES look interesting.

Then I think I want to roll a character who can melt face and maybe it's time to roll a Charr Elementalist.

So many options, so little (gaming) time...

Last edited:
Voted thief cause serkers and auto-dead button dps is just my style. I do have to admit though, ranger was a lot of fun to level. Just wish they did more damage.... Mesmer is a very close second to thief. And I minus at least two votes to guardian cause I feel weird putting serkers on it :).

My wife played the trial weekend the last two days, and really liked Ranger. I think the pet collection ("You can name them?!") aspect was a big part of it. It probably also helped that she could get kill credit even though she was trying to figure out how to work the camera and running into walls because "Superkitty" would run around attacking mobs with me. :D

Oh, and I should probably say that "Superkitty" wasn't her idea for a name. That was my six-year-old son's choice for her jungle stalker. Once the kids were in bed, she tamed a polar bear and dubbed him "Sven".

My wife played the trial weekend the last two days, and really liked Ranger. I think the pet collection ("You can name them?!") aspect was a big part of it. It probably also helped that she could get kill credit even though she was trying to figure out how to work the camera and running into walls because "Superkitty" would run around attacking mobs with me. :D

Oh, and I should probably say that "Superkitty" wasn't her idea for a name. That was my six-year-old son's choice for her jungle stalker. Once the kids were in bed, she tamed a polar bear and dubbed him "Sven".

lol nice!!! wish i could get my wife to play
i guess after hearing all of our race puns via my speakers....cant blame her lol

Back