Co-GL Election Time! - Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.
In any capacity I can serve and further the cause for Christ I will, be it in a video game, or in the real world...

That being said... Mordos scares me in raids *quiver*

*teee heeee*

In any capacity I can serve and further the cause for Christ I will, be it in a video game, or in the real world...

Woot, Awesome!

That being said... Mordos scares me in raids *quiver*
*teee heeee*

That is what makes him such a good choice, an authority one can respect! With Mordos, you know you are getting a strong leader who will make things happen.

Last edited:
Guess I will have to sit on plastic when I raid just incase! :D

LOL!

We are talking about Guild Leader nominations tho, not Raids Leader. That is a completely different mentality/purpose. It is not like you are supposed to watch videos and learn your role and positioning for Guild chat.

Last edited:
LOL!

We are talking about Guild Leader nominations tho, not Raids Leader. That is a completely different mentality/purpose. It is not like you are supposed to watch videos and learn your role and positioning for Guild chat.

Great point Ewoks. Leadership for a Christian guild and raiding are two different things.

/offtopic The Forgiven (ToJ Horde Guild) does a great job of separating guild leadership from raids. I'm not 100% on how it works, but I think they don't have official guild raid groups. Hence anyone can form a raid group, if people don't like the leader they move to another group or start a new one.

Just thought it was a neat difference of perspective. Carry on.
/endofftopicrant

Hey all, before this goes too much farther I wanted to put in my two cents beings I was the one nominated :). First I want to thank you all that supported me, it is truly an honor to be thought of in that way and while I agree with you, I don’t not agree with the timing.

I've have spent a ton of time praying on this...

I think I need to meet with the current officers and GLs, have more sit down time to hash out some differences. As many of you may or may not know, as a Raid Leader I am direct and focused and often that comes off as bullish. To put it lightly I am VERY passionate about raiding. Because of that past and what I believe to be an incomplete reconciliation between me and the officers/GLs, I cannot accept the nomination.

But just because one does not hold a title doesn’t mean we can’t make Redeemed the best Guild and stronger than ever. I propose to whoever is placed into the position and the remaining GLs work together on plans and make MoP and the future a blast… You have my support all you have to do is ask!

Hey all, before this goes too much farther I wanted to put in my two cents beings I was the one nominated :). First I want to thank you all that supported me, it is truly an honor to be thought of in that way and while I agree with you, I don’t not agree with the timing.

I think I need to meet with the current officers and GLs, have more sit down time to hash out some differences. As many of you may or may not know, as a Raid Leader I am direct and focused and often that comes off as bullish. To put it lightly I am VERY passionate about raiding. Because of that past and what I believe to be an incomplete reconciliation between me and the officers/GLs, I cannot accept the nomination.

But just because one does not hold a title doesn’t mean we can’t make Redeemed the best Guild and stronger than ever. I propose to whoever is placed into the position and the remaining GLs work together on plans and make MoP and the future a blast… You have my support all you have to do is ask!

Keeping it classy, Mordos. /salute.

images

I tip my hat to you

Well said, Mordos

Thank you to all who nominated me. It really was a huge compliment seeing as how it means I didn't screw things up too badly the first time. I really had to think a lot about if I would be able to make the time commitment to be GL again. I've decided that right now, I do not. So I have to decline. Redeemed deserves the best possible person to lead, and we've got some quality nominees so that won't be a problem.

Thanks for the nomination, but i have not been here enough lately as i have been taking a bit of a much needed break so I'll have to decline also. Hopefully though I can be around more from this point going forward! *hugs all!*

To those others nominated, think srsly about the time commitment, be sure you will be able to commit to being in game for the term of this leadership role!!!!

The triannual clock has turned and it's time to for a co-Guild Leader election! To refresh everyone on what's going on, we have 3 co-GLs in Redeemed on a rotating schedule (kinda like U.S. Senators) so every 4 months there's a election for one of the spots.

Thus, everyone will get one vote and one co-GL will be elected (to assist Brootis and Kracer as benevolent dictators...I mean leaders) The highest vote-getter will get a one-year term, through April 2013.

The eligibility guidelines remains the same as our last few elections:
• The member must be 21 years of age OR older
• The member must have been a Christian for 3 to 5 years
• The member must not be an immediate family member of another Guild Leader
• The member needs to have been an active asset to Redeemed for the past year
• They need to have been involved in some form of Christian Leadership before

[Note: these requirements are intentionally vague. We leave it up to individual nominees to self-identify whether they meet both the letter and the spirit of these rules ... if we get into "legalistic" debates about any individual qualifications that pretty much in and of itself indicates that they shouldn't be a candidate ... but we don't want to go there].

Current GL timelines are:
This election is for May 1st, 2011-2012.
In late August 2011 Brootis' term will be up.
In late Decemeber 2011 will be Kracer's term

What's a co-GL do, you might ask? Really, it's providing overall leadership to the guild. There are administrative duties (setting up forum access, maintaining the "guild control" settings within the game, holding elections). There are organizational duties (deciding what officer/leadership slots are needed, deciding who should fill them, recruiting people into the roles). There are vision duties (setting guild priorities, trying to maintain "balance" in the guild between competing goals, maintaining relationships with other guilds and with ToJ). There are mediation duties ... resolving disputes between guild members and between officers. And lastly, there are discipline obligations ... when a guild member's failure to follow guild standards or rules means that some form of discipline, up to and including /gkick, is appropriate. Most decisions and actions are coordinated with the guild's appointed officers. But ultimately ... the co-GLs run the guild. So this isn't a popularity contest or a puffery title ... this is choosing the ultimate stewards of the guild, and thus a serious thing.

Any guild member can nominate someone for co-GL -- either by posting in this thread, or via PM to me (Angryson) in these forums. Every nominee will be contacted by a current GL to see if they desire to run for the office of Guild Leader and they plan to fulfill the role if elected. To streamline the process, it would help if you contact a candidate to make sure they're interested and qualified before you nominate them ... but that's not a requirement by any means.

CURRENT NOMINEES AS OF 4/9:
Goodwone
Cakeyplease
Blubarry
Skjota
Shagz

DECLINED:
Angryson
Echelon
Samnoob
Mordos

The election process/timeline will proceed as follows:
• Nominations will be open until Sunday, April 15th.
• Once all nominations are set we will take some time to interview each candidate to ensure they meet the qualifications, but hopefully we'll get it done in a less than a week, such that tentatively the candidate list will be final by Wednesday, April 18th.
• Elections would then be open through Saturday, April 28th, with results announced soon thereafter. Elections will be done via in-game mail with details to follow later.

Please contact myself or Brootis if you have any questions about the process.

<3 Mcfierce

Thanks for the name change... McJerk....

Hey guys! I want to let you guys know that I sincerely appreciate the nomination for leader. It's awesome that some people enjoy my company and attitude enough to throw my name in the mix.

I will have to decline due to the fact that I know that Guild Wars 2 will be coming out somewhat soon and I know that I will be playing that game alot. I can't see the point in running for leader when I know I'll be playing another game ( even though I will probably be playing WoW off and on during that time period ). Absent leadership only hampers progression as a guild and stresses the cohesion of the bonds of fellowship that are created daily.

Once again, thank you for the nominations and good luck to those willing to take on the responsibility. -Bill ( no, not Shadowbill, Skjota-Bill )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back