Contacting an Admin

Que Pasa

New information:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The admin-contacting bot is up again for all of you that play on ToJ's CS server.

Syntax:
help <STEAMID>

Example:
help STEAM_0:1:123456
or you can just send it the word help, and all the admins will be paged.

Oh, by the way, it is located at the buddy nickname

tojserverhelp
Old information:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]This requires that you have AOL instant messenger. But you may message tojcsadmns (there is no i in admins in this case) with either "help 1" or "help 2" and it will message every admin with a help request. At the moment the bot will only message me, but I'll add all the other admins in one hour from posting, I just would like everyone around to test it.

Right now it is running on my Windows XP box at school, but I will be transfering it to my server as soon as perl starts working on it.

Also, the bot takes about 2-3 minutes to cycle through all of the admins. Any faster and it gets kicked off of AIM.

It's down at the moment, won't connect. I'm looking for someone to host it in the meantime since I know jack sqat about perl under linux. I'll tell you how to set up perl to run the bot, it's really easy on windows. Ideally I'd like to get in touch with Tek to host it on his already bogged yet reliable second computer.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Que Pasa @ April 28 2004,12:41)]Ideally I'd like to get in touch with Tek to host it on his already bogged yet reliable second computer.
My second computer is very reliable, true, but my Internet connection has been sporadically dropping for a few seconds at a time (forcing me to restart all my servers and services) for the last six weeks. Quite annoying.

I'm also considering dropping all my servers as I cannot keep the op cga bot connected (Battle.net hates me, I'm convinced) and I normally run Shareaza overnight now to feed my anime addiction (can you believe that I'm just NOW downloading Jubei-chan 2?).

But, this wouldn't require much bandwidth, so I would be willing to host it in the interrim. Maybe whoever takes over the admin pager bot in the future can take the op cga bot off my hands as well.

biggrin.gif

All right, I managed to get it up and running on my linux server after much strife and frustration. However I will need someone to maintain said server and aim-bot over the summer for about 3 months. Minimal linux experience/knowledge is a plus, but if I can't find anyone I'll train you in what you need to know. It's really simple, do not be afraid to volunteer because you feel unqualified.

If i weren't going home for the summer, I'd host it....gotta love having school internet...If you get desperate let me know, I might be able to get someplace to host it at home....and btw - i know linux fairly well....If configing IRC servers all the time teaches you enough about Linux, then consider me taught.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ([toj.cc]hescominsoon @ May 20 2004,11:23)]I have a file srver running linux that i am going to rework to mandrake 9.2.
Well, now that you have the TeamSpeak server running, would you also be willing to host the tojcsadmns bot and/or op cga bot as well? If not, that's fine; hosting the TeamSpeak server is already a wonderful service to the community.

Regardless of who hosts it, we need to find someone to host the tojcsadmns paging bot and Battle.net op cga bot. If you're interested in either, please post a reply.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ([toj.cc]hescominsoon @ June 14 2004,12:41)]i already said i would host the paging bot..:)
Sorry, my bad.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I need que pasa to get back to me on it
e-mail me at tek7 AT cgalliance DOT org with a request for all the information you'll need to set up the paging bot and I'll forward it on to QuePasa.

so your messaging a screen name of tojcsadmn, with help 1 or help 2 is that it? i never got the hang of it.

HI, i go by the name HeRoPeNGuiN and I was banned from the server a few days ago, I had no reason for it and i was just wondering if "an admin could be contacted" to get me off the ban list, thank you, I'd appreciate it, I love the server and wouldn't want to play anywhere else.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Heropenguin @ Oct. 27 2004,8:49)]HI, i go by the name HeRoPeNGuiN and I was banned from the server a few days ago, I had no reason for it and i was just wondering if "an admin could be contacted" to get me off the ban list, thank you, I'd appreciate it, I love the server and wouldn't want to play anywhere else.
smile.gif

Yes, i was present when the ban happened.  I dont remeber who was admin and i believe i had to get off right after, so i didnt get a chance to ask the admin how and why and i didnt want to question authority too.  I personally didnt see how or why you were banned but thats what i saw.

Talon

Confession time.

It was I who banned you Penguin. I did so because you had a tag on your name: Meatwad. This was the screen name of a person who was recently banned, and I thought that the person came in under a different id or ip. I did question the person (now we know you) both verbally and via text but I did not get a response, and I thought I was being ignored. I banned to prevent any other possible attempts by that other individual to "hack" back to the server.
I do ask for your forgiveness, and I apologize if I caused you any undo hard feelings.

God Bless
PW

First post of this thread has been updated with the new paging bot info. Old information has been retained for...well, I'm not sure why. Just didn't want to delete it.
smile.gif

A team of flying monkeys come in through my window and spell out the word help using balloons and duct tape.

Back