Creationism: Right or Wrong?

Wow Im spending way to much time here and not working, but if it helps.......

The physical dimensions of the Ark lend themselves to optimal marine survival. In laboratory experiments the six-to-one (length-to-width) ratio of the vessel keeps it upright, with the waves running along its side (causing it to consistently turn toward the waves).

The structural design of the vessel was of "gopher", providing "structural inter-lamination" of each component with every other component. The natural hydrocarbon resin ("pitch") obtained from trees was used as an adhesive, in conjunction with spaced wooden pegs.

Space on the Ark was adequate to house representatives of every kind. Verifying studies include extinct and extant life forms.

Folks this was no dingy... This boat was enormous, why do you think it took him 100 years to build. Secondly why take full grown animals when the babies are MUCH smaller, make LESS waste, and EAT MUCH LESS. It is very easy to see how they could all fit. ALSO he took animals after there own KIND. This does not mean he took every species of horse as we know it, or every species of dog as we know it. OK so how do we have all the different kinds of animals? The same way you get a doberman out of a rotweiler. Its called genetics and the survival of the fittest. Another thing he didnt have to take whales or fish or any sea creature they could make it on there own, seeing as how it was a FLOOD.
And again those who have read the scripture should be prepared for questions such as this, why?

The fact that God once flooded the earth (the Noahic Flood) would be denied (2 Peter 3:5-6). There is a mass of fossil evidence to prove this fact, yet it is flatly ignored by the scientific world because of its uncanny implication.

Im sorry I must laugh again...LOL.... you yourself are a fulfilled prophecy!!!! Can you not see it?

In Christ,
Gabriel

Just to toss this out, I have heard a theory that the 'great flood' may have been the Meditteranean Sea spilling into the Black.

Also, just as a fun fact, Noah may have been an albino. Must have been difficult for him to build a boat like that out of doors...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Just to toss this out, I have heard a theory that the 'great flood' may have been the Meditteranean Sea spilling into the Black.

I saw that on Discovery I think. It was a great documentary, about a lot more than just that. It showed how the dead see had full intact ships in the bottom of it because there are no organic eating microbs in it like there is in the ocean, lakes and other seas. It seems that that sea is so poisones at the bottom that nothing can survive there even those microbs. They showed the hull and mast of a half burried intact ship in the bottom of that sea.

But, It did try to prove the flood was localized and not global as well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Also, just as a fun fact, Noah may have been an albino. Must have been difficult for him to build a boat like that out of doors...

Eh? Where'd that come from?

Cory

Ive heard that too Bill, but it doesnt account for the worldwide flood stories that almost every culture keeps.

In Christ,
Gabriel

Humm...Noah has been described as the following: "his hair was white as snow, and his eyes like the rays of the sun." Sounds like an albino to me. Like I said tho, I can't imagine he did much of the building of the ark himself, since an albino's skin is extremely sensitive to UV radiation.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dark Virtue @ Aug. 30 2004,12:08)]The last time I checked, there was NO good, hard, irrefutable, scientific proof of a GLOBAL flood.

The proof that exists shows flooding in many parts of the world, but not a globalized, worldwide flood anywhere near the proportions that lie in the Bible.

Do you REALLY want to start arguing about the validity of the Flood Story in the Bible?  All those animals fitting in that little boat?  Hmm?  I was under the impression that most Christians now believe that this was simply a made up story and wasn't actually historical.
Did you read an of the links and then chek out the flood on them?

Do you REALLY want to start arguing about the validity of the Flood Story in the Bible?

It goeswith creation, and the belief the earth is 6000 years old

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr.Bill @ Aug. 30 2004,1:05)]Humm...Noah has been described as the following: "his hair was white as snow, and his eyes like the rays of the sun."  Sounds like an albino to me.  Like I said tho, I can't imagine he did much of the building of the ark himself, since an albino's skin is extremely sensitive to UV radiation.
Not of you are full robed. You could work out during the day, they are too many ways to accomplish the ark if you were alnbino, its a moot point

I think that description you have is being used to describe his wisdom and godliness. A lot of people have white beards and there eyes are bright and brilliant. I surely hope this is not the only thing you are using to refute the evidence. Even if he was, which Im doubtful of, he still had 3 sons and Im sure laborers to do the work for him.

In Christ,
Gabriel

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Arkanjel @ Aug. 30 2004,12:45)]Ive heard that too Bill, but it doesnt account for the worldwide flood stories that almost every culture keeps.

In Christ,
Gabriel
excaltly 270 flood stories from the mayans to the chinesse I believe evidence of creation has a link to them!

Makes sense that the Chinese would have global flood story in their past. Ham was the father of Canaan and Canaan the father of the Sinites (of or relating to the Chinese people). Their Grandpa was on the boat.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MontrezAnthony @ Aug. 30 2004,1:09)]Not of you are full robed. You could work out during the day, they are too many  ways to accomplish the ark if you were alnbino, its a moot point
There was no 'point,' I was just throwing that out.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/evidence_mn.html

Has some relevant theories.

Question: (And don't flame me cos this is just highlighting a point where creationism and evolutionism are at odds)

www.bible.ca

Had an iteresting point regarding humans and dinosaurs co-existing. (Cheers to MontrezAnthony) It included a fossilized hammer and footprints hinting that dinosaurs and humans may have been alive at the same era.

But does this not refute evolutionism AND creationism? According to both, mankind as he is now is only a few thousand years old. By evolution, man would have been closer to primates like apes, and according to creation man wouldn't have existed at that point.

Yes but While we will constantly debate creation we know scientifically that evolution can not happen, life can not spontaneously happen. Ape can not become man, Macro evolution can not happen. Ape evolution is purely theory it did not and can never happen, you can not procreate a goat, only another human.

And at what point did not man exist, before God made him correct. After that he walked in the Garden with God.

MontrezAnthony, please do check out TalkOrigins. For the things you claim didn't / couldn't happen, most of these nobody actually claims anyway: the origin of life or the universe is a separate field to the theory of evolution, apes did not become men (they simply share a common ancestor), stating that 'evolution is just a theory' only demonstrates that you don't understand the nature / definition of a scientific theory (hint: it's different to the venacular definition of theory, which is closer to a scientific hypothosis), one species does not produce a different species over the space of a single generation (you can not procreate a goat, only another human - correct, but nobody's claiming that it can).

Not to be insulting, but from your posts (this recent one, at any rate) you seem not to even understand what the claims are here. I'm not meaning to insult you, but people will take much greater interest in what you have to say if you argue the actual theory of evolution instead of a strawman characiture of it.

http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/faqs-mustread.html is a good introduction. You don't have to agree with the claims it's making, but at least check it out so you can gain an accurate idea of evolutionists' point-of-view / claims.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And at what point did not man exist, before God made him correct. After that he walked in the Garden with God.

Pardon?

I I do not understand, I read your links and especial MAcro evolution the I am not really concern with theory or hypothosis. the debate and question was about Creationism. I feel God Create. I do not think we share a common ancestor. I would like you to show me the missing link or this ancestor?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MontrezAnthony @ Aug. 31 2004,6:36)]Yes but While we will constantly debate creation we know scientifically that evolution can not happen, life can not spontaneously happen. Ape can not become man, Macro evolution can not happen. Ape evolution is purely theory it did not and can never happen, you can not procreate a goat, only another human.
Pardon me, but if life cannot spontaneously 'happen,' then what are you doing believing in creationism?

And please stop saying that macro evolution can 'never' happen. In theory, it can. That's why it's a theory.

You are right bill in theory it can, and many believe in it. Micro evolution is constantly happening, but not macro. In fact the Creation science museum in Texas is offering $250,000 for physical proof of Macro evolution. To date no one has came to collect ( I might have the wrong museum) but its out there

So I apologize if I have come off half cocked

But I would like to see this missing link, or my “Ape” ancestor.

They do not exist

So I guess our points are trivial, except when it comes to belief

I believe God create man, not through evolution, but on the spot from clay he made Adam, and from a rib he man Eve.
Can I back it with out a bible NO sir I can not, that is my belief? Can I prove he did not evoke from and ape, only with the bible and that the Theory or whatever can not produce for me this missing link

And I believe it can’t because it does not exist which is why it’s a theory and not a proven fact

So I suggest we agree to be at an impasse here. I respect your oipions, But I can not concur with them

God Bless

Montrez, if your reason for disbelieving in macro evolution is that no one has shown you the link between man and ape, then perhaps we should be disbelieving in creationism simply because God apparently refuses to come down from heaven and set things straight. You should not say that macro evolution is 'wrong' or 'impossible,' you should say WHY that is.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr.Bill @ Aug. 31 2004,11:32)]Montrez, if your reason for disbelieving in macro evolution is that no one has shown you the link between man and ape, then perhaps we should be disbelieving in creationism simply because God apparently refuses to come down from heaven and set things straight.  You should not say that macro evolution is 'wrong' or 'impossible,' you should say WHY that is.
not to ruffle feather, I said it could not happen. You are welcoem to show me proof. As far is disbelieving in God, I am sorry sir I can not. I told you before and testify to this day, every day I get up and talk with God, I lay me woes on my savior jesus Christ.

I believe God created everything, I have shown you why I believe that. If you have come to a different conclusion. I am ok with that. I do not think you are stupid and I am not frustrated you did not draw the same conclusion. You seem like an intellegent person. You are welcome to it.

Creationism: Right or Wrong

Its right God created, Thats how I see it.
laugh.gif

Back