Decent Wii shooters

Keero

Tribe of Judah Membership Administrator
So, I got RE4 (yay) which I enjoy a lot and the Metroid Prime collection (blehhhh), what other Wii games have FPS/Third-person controls and don't suck? Can be arcade-ish too.

Medal of Honor: Heroes 2. Best controlling console-FPS evar.

I hear great things about Red Steel 2, but I have not played it yet.

I hear great things about Red Steel 2, but I have not played it yet.
Red Steel 2 is actually pretty fun. I wouldn't recommend playing for more than an hour at a time (what with all the slashing) and the environment can be a bit underwhelming at time, but the combat's rather good.

Call of Duty: World at War (I think it was WaW) played surprisingly well, also. Even the online portion was fun (at least in short bursts).

I'll check those three out then.

How are the Umbrella Chronicle games?

I didn't play Darkside Chronicles, but it seemed to follow the same spirit as Umbrella Chronicles.

It's fun. It's literally an on-rails shooter in the style of classic arcade lightgun games. Rather fun stuff. Just don't expect something it ain't.

Fun.

Much more fun with 2 players, though. My wife and I played through all the stock missions and some of the hidden missions. I unlocked every mission in the game and the accomplishment is still among my shiniest gamer badges.

Umbrella Chronicles has better level design, but there are a few changes in mechanics (i.e. better weapon switching) that improve general gameplay in Darkside Chronicles. If you can only afford one, I'd recommend UC over DC, even with its clunky weapon switching. Replayability is just better in UC and the greater value of destroying as many destructible objects as possible (played down in Darkside Chronicles) means UC is, IMHO, more fun.

EDIT: Ghost Squad may be worth a play on something like Gamefly (but not at $8 for 5 nights) if you liked the old arcade lightgun games like Time Crisis and House of the Dead 2. It's pure Sega lightgun cheesiness at its...well, not best, but it's still fun for a while.

Last edited:
Back