Dragon Age: Origins

Just finished the first playthrough (most likely of many more) of Dragon Age, and my first thoughts are:

EEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCC.

More detail as to why I have that opinion will have to wait until I am in a clearer and slightly more objective frame of mind.

[toj.cc]phantom;360784 said:
Just got it yesterday for my birthday, installing it now! I can't wait to play!
Just remember to come up for air. Based on everything I've read and seen, Dragon Age features quite an expansive world.

Just remember to come up for air. Based on everything I've read and seen, Dragon Age features quite an expansive world.

Nah, we won't need the scuba gear until cataclysm comes out. Anyone who tries this game will be blown away about how sweet it is. I haven't had one WoW withdraw symptom yet. Although I wish I had kept my account active for the chance to win a Nvidia GTS 250 from Asus.

I haven't had one WoW withdraw symptom yet.
I was discussing this with my wife recently. (Have pity on the poor woman; she patiently listens and often chimes in on my thoughts on the gaming industry.) Dragon Age: Origins looks like a MMO without the MO. It's just a Massively RPG. Maybe minus the "-ly." :)

The difference is that immersion is not canceled by some Gnome Priest named Chuknoris running through Ironforge in his underwear shouting "I'MMA LET YOU FINISH, BUT THIS RING OF LOLZ +1 IS THE BEST RING EVER." Don't get me wrong; there were times I got a very real sense of exploration when playing WoW. But Dragon Age allows for uninterrupted exploration and the world looks massive enough (and is, from every indication) that exploring looks like it would be enjoyable.

Not to mention the Toolkit is a beast. I cannot wait until the community starts releasing the inevitable high quality content.

DA:O is the best RPG I've played since Baldur's Gate on the PC. Unfortunately, I don't have a machine that will run it so I'm playing the Xbox 360 version. Other than a little less ability to be tactical, it's still great. I have played nearly 40 hours and have completed 20% of the game. The story is the best I've ever engaged in... a true roleplaying game that allows you to make choices that affect your game forever. It is amazing and wonderful and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

As for the gore, that can be toggled off, so there shouldn't be any worries there.

Best NPC Quote? (Not Counting Companions)

epicfail.jpg

haha that's great Phantom!! With the voice acting I'd be interested to hear how he says it.

BTW: I think we have the same weapons :p or at least the same skins.

Primal AW Mage was a RIOT. At first I was thinking it was simply overpowered, and then I remembered it was a singleplayer game and that as far as lore goes that was how mages are supposed to be. And from that point on there was this crazy maniacal laughter every time some unsuspecting darkspawn came into view... :D

Rogue Assassin/Duelists are also crazy fun.

Me too.

That's why I'm getting ready to buy Mass Effect for $10 instead. By the time I finish Mass Effect, maybe there will be a sale on Dragon Age. Better yet, maybe by then, I'll have a job and dropping $50 on a game won't sting nearly as badly.

It's on sale for $14.99 through impulse today only:)

Back