Dragon Festival

slalomdms

I didnt know this but there is going to be a Dragon Festival for those in Cantha... From June 30th to July 5.
Will you be there? I wonder what the "treats" will do.

Here's what they had on Guild Wars offical site:

(In the spirit of celebration, adventurers on the continent of Cantha are cordially invited to the Dragon Festival, a summer festival with all the trimmings!

After the destruction wrought by the Jade Wind, the newly crowned Emperor Hanjai (the eldest son of the assassinated emperor) oversaw the settlement of Shing Jea Island and the expansion of Kaineng City. The following summer, Emperor Hanjai dedicated a new Dragon Festival to commemorate the survival of the Empire of the Dragon.

Participants in the Dragon Festival can join in fun carnival-type games (Whack-A-Worm, anyone?), play new mini-missions and special PvP gameplay, undertake unique quests, and collect Asian-flavored treats such as red bean cakes and rice wine. Ceremonial Dragon Masks will be awarded to those players who are able to collect enough globes filled with the Jade Wind essence that changed Cantha two hundred year ago. The conclusion of the Dragon Festival will be marked with surprises true Canthans won't want to miss.

Taking place in and around the Shing Jea Monastery on June 30, 2006 at 7:00 GMT and running through July 5, 2006

(Here is the link http://www.guildwars.com/events/ingame/dragonfestival.php it has pictures of some characters with the dragon masks on)

Rice Wine...what's with the obsession with getting characters drunk?

The conclusion of the Dragon Festival will be marked with surprises true Canthans won't want to miss.
Translation: Be online when it ends! Or lose bragging rights (and really cool screenies...) :D

Astrod00d said:
Well, I guess they have to give away things that help you achieve the title of 'Drunkard'.
Which is one title I do NOT want. My characters are ladies, and do not engage in such unladylike behavior.

I just hope that i dont have to get some of my characters very far to get the dragon masks. I hope i dont miss the end, I'm thinking big fireworks display? hmmmm.......:D

guild wiki said:
The Dragon Festival has begun! Characters who wish to receive their Ceremonial Dragon Mask must collect 250 Jade Wind Orbs, which can be earned by undertaking quests, competing in the Dragon Arena, or taking part in the festival games. Emperor Kisu will honor us by appearing at the Shing Jea Monastery (Dragon Festival 2006) every 2 hours on the final day of the festival to reward those who have gathered 250 orbs. If you cannot attend the final day of the festival, take heart! The emperor has stationed an Imperial Supplymaster at the monastery, who will stay for a few days after the festival’s end to give Dragon Helms to those who have gathered their 250 orbs.

Rho

2 new titles, im gonna go for both of them
Charmed and hapless, 50,000 tickets won and 5,000 games lost respectively

Loew Krug is standing in the center ring of nine rings right now, I'm at work though. I just hope I bought enough tickets, he may be standing there not winning or loosing.

MaidMirawyn said:
Oh, didn't think about that! Oh please, oh please!

No such luck on the candy cane replica. Red bean cakes can be consumed only in towns & outposts. Consuming them enchants you with "Sugar Rush" which makes you move 25% faster for the next 5 minutes, but ends when you leave the town or outpost.

Actually, you have to pay 10 tickets each round, win or loose. For adjacent rings, you end up +5 and for a win you get differing amounts depending on the ring you are in. Regardless of which ring you are in, you will, on average, loose 0.56 tickets per round. The house always wins.

Center ring:
+15 tickets (25-10) for win *1
+5 tickets (15-10) for adjacent *4
-10 tickets for loss *4
Divide total of -5 by 9 = -0.56

Im playing in dist 21 on the immediate game, you cant miss the monk in fow armor, im up to 930/42 already, i have something like 4k tickets so im gonna leave it on, ive actually met a net gain of about 200 tickets so far

The corner nets you the highest chance of loosing but also the highest chance of hitting the jackpot(dont know why)

Back