educate south africa so usa knows maps??

i'm..... speechless... well... i guess you can't have good looks and brains all the time...

guys... just remember...

"You can't fix Stupid"

EDUCATION OF SOUTH AFRICA? IRAQ? WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH AMERICA? I think she was talking about how we should be educated in current affairs rather than maps? .... but... i'm really not sure... i think... she was just plain stupid.... WHAT THE HECK? that makes me ashamed to be an American.

I saw this a few days back and had a good laugh at the comedic value of the whole thing. I think it goes to show that being under pressure can affect some more then others. I wouldn't be embarrased about being American over the whole thing unless you are one of the number of your citizens who can't find America on the map.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be embarrased about being American over the whole thing unless you are one of the number of your citizens who can't find America on the map.

so true, so true

I think it goes to show that being under pressure can affect some more then others.

I hope it was that she was under pressure... seriously... i really hope that she isn't the best person they could find for North Carolina with those brains... O, please let it be that she was nervous...

i would hope it was just pressure ive gone in circles before when nervious but i usally saved myself by using big words to make it look like i was talking about something different yet the same thing.

She came across obviously flustered and that two or three thoughts crossed her mind and she got them mixed up. It happens to the best of persons and often at the most inconvenient times too. I'm sure she's more intellegent then she came across as, most people are.

Have you ever watched "Are you smarter then a 5th grader?" Come on, thats fifth grade ciriculum and intellegent adults are goofing up, drawing blanks and making a dufuses of themselves.

ive actually like... won that. where ive answered all the questions right like the people who actually win the money.... yet in my house... and not gaining wealth...

yeah, this has been everywhere. I feel bad for her.
She choked under pressure and everybody's making fun of her.
(seems like everybody has insecurities about their own intelligence)
or maybe I just feel bad for her cuz she's cute...

I saw this the other day and thought it was hilarious. She is probably not that stupid - just trying to use the formula for success she was taught:

1. Repeat the question in your response to make it sound like you are on target.
2. Add "I feel" to make your response sound personal and sincere.
3. Make sure to include "better world" so it sounds universal.
4. End with a perky smile.

What struck me - after I finished laughing about her response - was how often Christians get caught like this. How so many Christians have a hard time giving a coherent witness. A simple question from a friend or acquaintance and we shift into some formula for testimony.

"Oh no, what are the two questions from Evangelism Explosion?"
"How does that Roman Road thing go?"
"Did you know that God loves you and has a wonderful plan for . . . what?"
"How do I get into building that bridge over the sin gap?"

And it doesn't matter if our canned witness fits their question or needs. It is just a bunch of spiritual sounding truisms. We sound like a Christian version of Miss Teen South Carolina.

Just a little food for thought - before we laugh too hard at her.

Last edited:
i know, she prolly really is a sweety in RL and we shouldt be so hard on her, kinda like how we need to not look down on peter from the bible, i mean geeze he walked on water

props guys... in three posts we have confirmed she is secretly a genious... and a message from this whole thing... haha... just kidding...

BUT more seriously...

yeah, i get nervous all the time. i love public speaking... so whenever i go up to say things i forget what... i'm saying... half the time... it is just trying to stay com and on topic... i don't blame peter... well... i blame him as much as anyone who denied Christ... yet i believe he made up for it after he repented... Peter was an interesting guy... he was...

She was on the Today show I believe talking about what happened did not watch it but assuming she was very nervous and messed up she admitted to actually not hearing the question fully and still tried to answer.

I felt really bad for her; she's been the topic of national ridicule for a week now. Everybody messes up here and there, hers just happaned to be on national TV. I assume that being "judged" in front of millions couldnt be easy to swallow. All in all I think she still sounded better than I usually do when I'm responding to my wife after I realized that i forgot to do something because I was playing GW :)

All in all I think she still sounded better than I usually do when I'm responding to my wife after I realized that i forgot to do something because I was playing GW :)

We need to apply that example to more things in life... make everyone look better... haha... jk. yet i could relate it to myself... because you know the two words most commonly used by.... almost everyone.... "I know".
yet when your playing video games... sometimes... what you know and what you do... don't always match up....

I felt really sorry for her; so much so that I refused to go watch the video until today. What makes me really mad is that one of the morning show hosts on the Fish Atlanta spent most of the morning show making fun of her the next day.

Some people complained (I sent an email), and so he made a big deal out of it a few days later, saying that if you laughed or thought it was funny, you had no right to say he shouldn't have mocked her repeatedly for three or four hours.

Right. THAT'S logical. What gets me is their motto: "Safe for the whole family!"

Well, sure, if you want to teach your kids to mock and belittle someone who gets flustered and makes a dumb mistake. Because that's Christian behavior, right?

I'm glad to see, though, much more charitable behavior here.

OH NO!!!!!! I LIVE IN NC!!!! NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i feel sorry for her too, i probably wouldn't have the guts to get up there do that (given im not a girl so it would be weird to be Miss North Carolina, but still)
hey wait a minutes, the video is of miss South Carolina, Glitch had me worried.
Joey.

Last edited:
I felt really sorry for her; so much so that I refused to go watch the video until today. What makes me really mad is that one of the morning show hosts on the Fish Atlanta spent most of the morning show making fun of her the next day.

Some people complained (I sent an email), and so he made a big deal out of it a few days later, saying that if you laughed or thought it was funny, you had no right to say he shouldn't have mocked her repeatedly for three or four hours.

Right. THAT'S logical. What gets me is their motto: "Safe for the whole family!"

Well, sure, if you want to teach your kids to mock and belittle someone who gets flustered and makes a dumb mistake. Because that's Christian behavior, right?

I'm glad to see, though, much more charitable behavior here.

Thats a good reminder tho, I find it all too easy to laugh at others mistakes with out thinking about them as a real person (at least on tv).

Back