Emergency update...

Ok so I was looking around at the paly and priest skills and they contain some words that could be related to a "major religion". So why not make a guild name right off the blizzard site, like divine and holy. The basic idea is that people can still see that we are in someway a religious guild, but I think bliz would have a hard time banning that name. I guess that I don't like the idea of making a name that won't identify us as what we are to anyone outside of the guild, although his will most likely be what ends up happening.

Also it may be a good idea to put off the reforming of the guild until the next patch comes out because bliz is supposed to fix the naming system, eg they will give warnings and such because the names can acctually be changed. Thus avoiding another unfortunate situation like this.

Nice Litsafalda. Daoc did get boaring, but they banned the right things. i was in Knights of the trinity for 2.5 years, never got appealed. You guys need a guild name that represents Christ, but then can be argueable that is isnt. (follow me, ive had a long day). The Disciples would be good, disciples of what? ToJ wouldnt get you banned, but it wouldnt attract Christians either. You would have to tell them you are Christians. Names should represent yourselfs and your morals. Having a giant sign saying im a Christian hanging over your head forces you to act like a Christian also. You dont want to give it a bad name.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Exo-Slayer @ Dec. 13 2004,3:57)]Just got home and wow, there is two pages of new posts that's a good thing, though why they are here is a bad thing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Major Religions or Major Religious Figures
This category includes both clear and masked names which:
Is based on or alludes to major religions or religious figures (i.e. Jesus, Christianity, Buddha)

If a player is found to have such a name for their character, guild, or pet, he/she may:
Be assigned a randomly generated temporary name, to be changed via email
Be given a warning

I'm kind of confused though, as "God's Peon's" sounds very genaric and does not allude to any major religion or religious figure, unless someone knew us personally would they have any idea what relegion we represented?
I acctually read this rule before hand and never thought they would pick us out for having an inappropriate name. I just don't know what to say this is just terrible especially having it happen without any warning, to at least take note of the 40ish charactrers currently members of "God's Peon's" to carry them over to the next toj guild.

Looking over the current suggestions I would say "Lion Of Judah" breaks the current rules worse then God's Peon as it refers directly to a major religious figure. Perhaps we could contact Blizzard I know they have an email for situations just like this and plead our case but more then likely it is futile with the number of guilds and players they don't have the time.
I agree, but "God" is more often than not associated with Christianity and not with other religions.

I was actually surprised our guild lasted this long. A few weeks back I read a post about a guild named "Jesus" which sparked pages upon pages of debate before Blizzard finally said they will take action. That may be the very reason we have been targeted. Also, their naming policy never did make a whole lot of sense. Back in the last few stages of CB (Before OB) they implimented the naming policy for the first time. It did not go over well with many people and it was seen as subjective.

morals = ideals etc
tounge.gif

I say we reform the guild...donate as much as we can to get the charter and tabard designed and purchased. Get things rolling. Send an email in protest and see where that leads us.

I support:

Faithfollowers or
The Chosen

for a new name. Change it later if we win our case.

Because we may not have a guild right now...we should be able to create a chat channel called CGA or TOJ to join on WoW anyway.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]1. God
a. A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.
b. The force, effect, or a manifestation or aspect of this being.
2. A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality.
3. An image of a supernatural being; an idol.
4. One that is worshiped, idealized, or followed: Money was their god.
5. A very handsome man.
6. A powerful ruler or despot.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Peon
a. An unskilled laborer or farm worker of Latin America or the southwest United States.
b. Such a worker bound in servitude to a landlord creditor.
2. A menial worker; a drudge.
3. (also pyn) In India and other parts of South and Southeast Asia, a person of menial position, especially a messenger, servant, or foot soldier.

Thats the definition given at dictionary.com, no where does it give a reference to any major religions or religious figures.

Edit: Agreed we should create a guild as soon as possible and give our case to blizzard and see how that goes. If possible we can later change our guild name however unlikely that is.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rithkil @ Dec. 13 2004,5:00)]How about ToJLightraiders or ToJRealmkeepers. If anybody wants to respond......
The Gods_Peons name would seem to religous to them I think. What about, 'Followers of Truth' or the previous ones I mentioned.....

I think the leader and co-leaders will need to pick a name, or two or three if they wish to put it to vote on the forums. Otherwise, I think they will pick an appropriate name.

I don't think it was GodsPeons they had a problem with...I think somebody took it as meaning we are saying Gods a Peon and kicked up a stink.

Sorry, I'm confused about the whole thing. I just thought we were suggesting good names for our new guild. Sorry. :blush:

do as you will, if i play i will enjoy you guys on a friends list but i am not sure if i will want to be in a guild that totally shows no respect for the rules.

Yes blizzard did not follow procedure that does not give you or anyone else the right to just remake the guild. more than likely if this happen and Lee is the founder, his account may get banned.

The actual reason, I believe, is because as I said earlier, there was a guild named "Jesus" that created quite a stir. Blizzard took action and decided to wipe other guilds as well.

I personally like Odale's idea, Disciples of <Blank>, Possibly Light, or Truth, or something. I'm afraid it's a little cliched though. The Chosen seems a little... conceited. I saw some other good suggestions that people gave, but I don't remember what they are.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LionOfJudah @ Dec. 13 2004,9:03)]do as you will, if i play i will enjoy you guys on a friends list but i am not sure if i will want to be in a guild that totally shows no respect for the rules.

Yes blizzard did not follow procedure that does not give you or anyone else the right to just remake the guild. more than likely if this happen and Lee is the founder, his account may get banned.
"Major Religions or Major Religious Figures
This category includes both clear and masked names which:
Is based on or alludes to major religions or religious figures (i.e. Jesus, Christianity, Buddha)

If a player is found to have such a name for their character, guild, or pet, he/she may:
Be assigned a randomly generated temporary name, to be changed via email
Be given a warning"

At worst, Bowser will be given a warning. And I see no reason why he will be banned, numerous other names/guilds have been changed because of some violation but they have never been banned. I don't see why Bowser will be.

We are, or at least I think we are, going to follow the rules. That is why we are taking suggestions for a new name. I really don't know where your comments are coming from.

No one is talking about recreating the guild without blizzards approval first, we are going to petetion blizzard to look into the rules and try to prevent this from happening again... Reading comprehension +1 for charlie.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]that totally shows no respect for the rules.
Uh we've technicaly not broken any rules as of yet, someone more then likely saw the name and turned it in. The GM's are so overloaded at the moment they just glance at the name and have to make a decision. Personally I feel the name does not break there rules but if blizzard says otherwise then I agree we can make a new guild name.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rithkil @ Dec. 13 2004,9:34)]Sorry, I'm confused about the whole thing. I just thought we were suggesting good names for our new guild. Sorry. :blush:
The leaders can choose what ever name they like. We can give suggestions. But, there must come a time for leaders to step up and make the final decision.

It has nothing to do with whether the name suggestions are good or bad...thats not the point of brain storming. Rather, it is more important to give them a plethora of options and let them make the decision as to what name they feel is best.

Currently, the leadership is looking into how to keep the current name. Unfortunatly, this may take awhile because blizzards GMs are busy and that is something out of our leaders control.

Heya,

Well, for whatever it is worth, I'm in total support of the leadership doing what they can to work things out with Blizzard so we can keep, what is/was a good name.  I don't think anyone has suggested we 'totally disregard the rules' at all.  From the sounds of it, this may take a little while to work out?  
rock.gif

Please keep us posted on what is decided.  Thanks.  
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]do as you will, if i play i will enjoy you guys on a friends list but i am not sure if i will want to be in a guild that totally shows no respect for the rules.

I do want to follow the rules. That's why we're trying to decide a new name, aren't we?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Odale @ Dec. 13 2004,6:13)]The Disciples would be good, disciples of what?
Oo, I like. "The Disciples." Just "The Disciples." And people would ask, "Disciples of what?" And then we could say, "Jesus. We're a Christian guild." Then they'd likely report us to Blizzard, but we could say, "Hey, our name follows your rules. Not religious."

even more then ever i back the name "choose joy" since that would surely get a reaction out of players who see it, christian or not. most importantly, it would be a reminder to ourselves to get on with enjoying the game.

course, i think it's all a little moot... didnt i just sign bowser's charter last night?
wow.gif
(*sooo sleeeepy*)

That charter is only temporary
smile.gif

It's only in place so we can easily talk to each other, and we can continue to manage what's going on such as guild activities. I'm pursuing this situation, and I think it was flat out wrong for Blizzard to have disbanded us.

Back