Firefox 3?

Ahh, this is pathetic!

Firefox 3 has not improved!

Its much worse! ARGH! :mad:

I have "long" problems loading graphical banners and signatures.

Website finished, missing banners, CPU still loading

Finished, with banners, still loading

When I moved my mouse, the banners appeared, but my CPU is still loading and when I scroll or move the side bar, the page gets choppy.

Even though the page isn't finished, I never saw it do that on Firefox 2.

Is there any way I can downgrade to Firefox 2?

I can use Firefox 3, but its ridiculously slow, even with the CGA page.

(Yeah Tek7. the wording was confusing)

Last edited:
you've got something on your computer there corp that's not going over well..ff3 works fine here on my machine.

One of my buddies showed me a Flickr program with FF3 that was really neat. It was something like a long hallway with a lot of pictures. A lot of eye candy! They integrated some videos in there too. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Apparently, opening multiple Windows crashes Firefox but opening multiple Tabs doesn't. :confused:

Whats even confusing, all I have on my System Tools is Security Center. No Scandisk, Disk Fragmentation, etc.

Eventually I did find them but its on a old format, Windows 98 format...

- Error Checking
- Defragmentation
- Backup

I'm using Windows XP Pro. Can desktop settings turned into Win 98?

Apparently, opening multiple Windows crashes Firefox but opening multiple Tabs doesn't. :confused:

Whats even confusing, all I have on my System Tools is Security Center. No Scandisk, Disk Fragmentation, etc.

Eventually I did find them but its on a old format, Windows 98 format...

- Error Checking
- Defragmentation
- Backup

I'm using Windows XP Pro. Can desktop settings turned into Win 98?
what do you have running on that box? I have 3 windows with 5 tabs each going without issues as a test. to me using multiple windows defeats having the tab feature anyways..:)

what do you have running on that box? I have 3 windows with 5 tabs each going without issues as a test. to me using multiple windows defeats having the tab feature anyways..:)

Actually, I just realized, its the computer I hate most.

Its a Celeron, Emachines.

No wonder everything on the desktop is old, its a Celeron, Emachines!

Whats even awful about it, it still has the In Store Test sticker;

02 FEB 2003
12:11 P.M.
Bar codes and stuff...
CICERO 4|40 P4 | 8 |SEANIC
Tag numbers, S/N, Original & Return Invoice numbers.
VERY SLOW

LOL :D

The graphical issues must be cause my Integrated video card is 1MB. :(

Last edited:
You can actually get some modern games to start up on those old boxes. Their ram and processing power is so limited that it takes it about 10 minutes to render one frame of the menu...

You can actually get some modern games to start up on those old boxes. Their ram and processing power is so limited that it takes it about 10 minutes to render one frame of the menu...

Yes, I remember I tried to run Half-Life 2 demo, it took about 10 minutes for just the menu, ARGH! The game never worked because the loading bar never moved. (It crashed) :(

Overall, I would never play a game on this particular machine. Not even Starcraft!

Actually, now, Firefox 3 is ok, it still has problems with flash and graphical sites.

If I had to watch a video, the only option would be on Youtube. (Especially when the quality isn't the best)

What could this error mean? (Other than numbers and letters)

Add-ons: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0002-ABCDEFFEDCBA}:6.0.02,{}:3.0
BuildID: 2008052906
CrashTime: 1214885019
InstallTime: 1214192453
ProductName: Firefox
SecondsSinceLastCrash: 441875
StartupTime: 1214865908
Theme: classic/1.0
URL: http://www.google.ca/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official
UserID:
Vendor: Mozilla
Version: 3.0

This report also contains technical information about the

The last part is cut off due to the limited space with Notepad.

Don't worry, it had something "private" in the UserID and in the {}.

Last edited:
Usually error reports contain a stack trace of the program when it crashed, which can then be inspected to see the runtime variables and (sometimes) what caused the crash.

You may want to remove all the addons/extensions and see if that fixes anything.

Usually error reports contain a stack trace of the program when it crashed, which can then be inspected to see the runtime variables and (sometimes) what caused the crash.

You may want to remove all the addons/extensions and see if that fixes anything.

It doesn't have any addons/extensions. I've erased some unused programs and ran Defragmentation.

My start-up BIOS says it has 1MB video.

Intel® Direct 3D 2X AGP (shared memory)

My monitor says it has 32MB Internal Graphics Adapter.

Intel(R) 82810 Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation)

My ram has 192MB DDR1.

128MB Corsair Value Select

Sometimes, I get a yellow caution about my memory is insufficient, which loads incredibly slow.

Last edited:
your issue corp is a 600mhz machine trying to render modern websites....it simply isn't going to be a stable, usable, or pretty experience.

Back