FOOD AGAIN!!!!!!

Honestly I like a number of fast food restaurants but they all seem to have a unique taste, so while most of the time I prefer a Whopper Jr to a Quarter Pounder, once in a while I just get a craving for a QP or a Double Cheeseburger from McD's.

I always liked their fries better, but BK has improved their fries a lot over the past 5 or so years, so I like them just as much now.

Methinks someone has hit reply to an earlier post before getting to the end of the thread.

/Not that I've ever done anything like that before. :rolleyes:

My wife tried peppermint parmesan cheese, she said that was wrong in so many ways. Indeed it takes work to go wrong with cheese.

Who thinks of this stuff? That doesn't even sound like a good idea. That being said, I'd still try it once. What's it intended to go on?

Regarding past topics:
We don't really do Christmas cookies in my family. We do candies. For example, fudge, peanut brittle, and some other things that probably have a more recognized name (?) but we call them hairy eyeballs lol.

And turkey, always turkey if I had my choice. Often for Thanksgiving we have both...grandma and my aunts make the turkey and my dad is always in charge of the ham. Christmas though, sometimes both, sometimes just one or the other. It has happened at least once that they just picked up fried chicken from somewhere (sadface) because everyone had a lot going on. I don't like ham or any other pig meat for that matter (no, not even bacon...usually), so if there's only ham, I just eat the sides.

This year my better half and I have decided no "goodie table" this year. This will be the first time in all of our years of marriage that this will be missing. It is one of my families traditions, and it will be difficult adjusting to this. Although she told me we must have Swedish Meatballs and rice for Christmas Eve because, "It's the law!!". With our schedule this year we will be fortunate if we get a tree up. So now I ask what is the best Christmas cheese, and what does it go in or on?

Trying different cheeses for the goodie table, and for snacking is a fun Christmas thing.

If we're just talking yummy cheese, then smoked gouda comes to mind. Mmmmm.

Oh, there's an applewood smoke cheddar they sell around here that is delicious. I've also found a taste for the aged white Irish or Dublin cheddars too.

Who makes the best cheese ball for snacking on, and what crackers go best with it?

Christmas at our house just wouldn't be complete without these rich cheese balls. Friends and family ask for them every year-and I can make three gifts from just one recipe.

We have decided on a modified goodie table this year. So what fruit should we put on it besides oranges?

Back