Freelancer

G

Hey, any ToJers playing Freelancer? Best game that's come out in years IMHO...maybe we could see a Freelancer chapter opening up if anyone plays it? =)

Just bought the game yesterday. Not completely sure but I think I beat the main storyline already.

I'm not a ToJer, but I have played 5+ hours with the demo and am thinking of getting the full game. It does seem like a great game. Sort of a stream-lined space-sim/RPG. It has elements of both.

I thought the campaign was supposed to take around 40-50 hours to complete.

theres somewhere around 35 hours of campaign gameplay at the most if you dont stray from the main quest.

Well I played the demo and it's pretty spiffy though from what I'm reading it's more or less just that for another 30 hours and the non-storyline stuff gets stale real quick. I still think it's incredibly stupid that the non-space enviroments are completly static, comeon they worked on the game for over 5 years and that's the best they can do? Definitly is a cool game though alot of areas couldv'e been fleshed out better. Of course this doesn't mean I'm saying it's a bad game since there's lots of far from perfect games that are fun and that's all that matters. Personally the best game I can think of that's come out in the past few years has to be N.O.L.F, best singleplayer game I've ever played.

-Trevor
-amusedtoe

I know what you mean.  I have read many Freelancer reviews.  My biggest worry with the game is that it will get too repetitive.  All the missions in the demo were essentially the same.  Well, it sounds like the campaign in the full game is fairly exciting, it's the sub-missions that can tend to repeat themselves.

Crazy_legs...how did you finish the game in a day?  You must have been up all night.

i would love to play with someone. i'm getting the full game next week
smile.gif
i pre orderd it,
i got to see the game at a show last summer and i got a free t shirt too.

Err, I think he meant me. No life + 1337 skillz that payz the billz= Ownzorzness. I'm a nut for most simulation games of all kinds. If I could get my father to get our blasted ISP to take down our firewall I'd start playing the MW4 games again and none of you would hear from me again.
biggrin.gif

hey guys,
i'v been playing multi player this week, its so cool, and SSquared there was
lots of stuff to explore, hidden galexys ,jumpholes, and from my prospective i would say its not crude, or bloody (ok i know some of u guys like bloody , i don't care for it myself.)
anyways i'm having a great time, i need to be careful i keep my prioritys straight

Okay. I have installed and played the first, oh, thirty minutes of the Freelancer demo. I rather like it but still don't have an idea what multiplayer gameplay would be like. I'll continue playing the demo (which, unfortunately, is single-player only) and report back in when I've finished. Considering the fraction of time I spend on single-player gaming, it might be a while. >_<

Now, I will say that I already think the game is excellent; however, I already have plans to purchase Battlefield 1942 and Unreal Tournament 2003 before I pick up another game. Considering my meager wages, it might be some time before I'm able to budget for a third game.

I just bought the game on Sunday. Best Buy has it for $35 this week. What a difference over the demo. There are A LOT more visual goodies, music, and MP!!!! I have a preview all written that I hope to get up on the CCGR site. Now that I have the full game, I'll get a full review out later.

I played MP last night and took on too difficult a mission. I got down to about 10% hull left, and used up all my batteries. Also, I actually thought I had cleared out all the Rogues. I waited for awhile with nothing, but I never got the Success sign. Then Rogues seemed to be showing up every once in awhile. I finally had to let them destroy me.

I think the manual is horrible. It essentially told me nothing I didn't already know, having played the demo. I was hoping to get full rundowns of all the systems (Bretonia, Liberty, etc.), ships, weapons, shields, etc. I was hoping for a map. Also, what does it mean when the target around the enemy turns yellow?

Even, what does a jumphole look like? Actually, I'll probably learn that during the SP game. I played through Mission 2 last night.

Nope. DVD is not required. Runs on one (1) CD. DirectX 9 is required to play MP. Otherwise, I think you can leave it as DirectX 8.x. It is DirectX-only (not OpenGL).

Best Buy has it for $35 this week. I think I saw Circuit City has it for $37.99. I don't know if you have either of those stores, but I'm just throwing it out for anyone who may want to get a good price.

$35 american dollars.  
wink.gif

I've just d/ling the demo too, man, its freaking better than my StarLancer, I wish i hadn't brought Starlancer.  
sad.gif
 Oh well.

When the enemy turns yellow, that means their at critical damage.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]She's breaking up...can't hold her...AHHHHH!!!.....

That's my favorite sound of dying.  
biggrin.gif

The jumphole kinda looks like umm...you know Star Trek: Deep Space Nine? When they go to the wormhole, its soo pretty, lol, anyhow, like that but going like Hyperspeed, hehe.

I've done like 5 missions so far, what really bugs me, which i agree with SSquared, those dam rogues.

Btw, well, not 5 mission, more like 5 profit missions, hehe. money, money...
smile.gif

I am definetly getting the Retail version, but I don't know, either I buy it and run it on low requirements
sad.gif
or buy a gig or higher cpu and play it from the high requirements
smile.gif

Also, by saying 'American dollars', I'm Canadian, so its like double the price here, heh.

Back