Global Warming Lie pt2

wowAbdi

Ok someone please explain to me that if the Earth is Warming.... Then why is it snowing in Central Flroida. My theory; It's all one big lie. Here's a link to see Snow in Florida... Snow in Florida

"Global Warming" I think is a misleading term because people inevitably think it means that everything is gonna get hotter.

Climate and weather is pretty complicated, but if Global Warming is really affecting the earth, it is not simply by increasing the world's temperature but rather by upsetting the entire balance (lol I sound like a drood).
Overall GW is not that we will never be seeing cold temperatures during winter in the future, but rather the average temperature for ALL seasons as a whole is going up. With the global climate system being messed with (by greenhouse gasses or whatever) we'll inevitably also see extremes in cold too.

However, funny global weather has messed with the earth long before humans even existed. I don't think we're wholly responsible for whatever's happening--if at all. I'm pretty certain a star will blow up near us, a meteorite will blow us up, or we'll blow ourselves up long before the WEATHER of all things will really be a an apocalyptic, disastrous issue. There are more important things at hand.

Still...do people REALLY need those Hummers? Do people REALLY have to take more than they eat at the dinner table and waste food?

They should have never called it "Global Warming"... they should have just called it Climate Change. :p

Anyway, I still feel that its important (whether we are responsible or not for weather patterns) to be more mindful of our environment.

One should always be mindful of our responsibilities towards Gods creation versus creating laws based on fear, hysteria's and popular votes. Besides, the climate is always in a state of flux. That is historic and scientific fact. Calling AGW by a different name still smells but, not sweetly.

Last edited:
It seems to me that humans taking direct credit for climate shifts is akin to Noah taking responsibility for the flood.

Do we have an impact? Certainly. As a carbon-based lifeform, I impact the environment around me just like anything else that breathes. The difference is that we've above the deer, sheep, and goats. Our God-given talents in creation and industrialization have given us the ability to produce and use a lot of extra goods. I'm glad - because it'd be mighty cold this winter if all I had to shelter in was some weeds and my own body hair.

Are we at fault? Partially. Because we do produce a lot of goods, we use a bunch of natural resources. But saying that it's all my fault is a farce. I didn't start the wildfires in the west, last year's drought in the south, or cause half-a-dozen volcanic eruptions last year.

Does taxing the snot out of me because I live in a state that uses coal-powered generators as the primary source of electricity? No. The entire region powers our homes this way, and the mining industry already goes to great lengths to protect our habitat by NOT burning specific types of coal. It already "washes" some types of coal to remove chemicals. It already re-claims and re-burns the gasses to maximize the energy produced through resource consumption. Then, they turn around and save the waste (coke) to use in steel-production. Steel cannot be made without the bi-products of coal-consumption.

Does taxing me extra because I drive more than 10 miles to work make sense? No. (I could go on a rampage about this one after the "cars for cash" program in which people were paid to buy new foreign cars that get worse mileage than my SUV). But the fact is that I already pay a decent amount of taxes to the government for my fuel usage. If they want me to work in the inner-city to provide health and safety services, they're going to have to deal with the fact that I'm not going to live there.

They should have never called it "Global Warming"... they should have just called it Climate Change. :p

Anyway, I still feel that its important (whether we are responsible or not for weather patterns) to be more mindful of our environment.

they are trying to do just that...but the name change doesn't change the underlying agenda.

...(I could go on a rampage about this one after the "cars for cash" program in which people were paid to buy new foreign cars that get worse mileage than my SUV). ....

I agree that they kind of botched that legislation. They should have only done cash for clunkers for American-based car company's products (Ford/Lincoln/Mercury, Chevrolet/GMC/Pontiac and Saturn [may they R.I.P.]/Cadillac/Buick, Chrysler). Japan recently did their own version of the cash for clunkers but guess what!?! It was only for Japanese cars! If they bought a Ford or another American car over there they didn't get credit for their purchase. If other countries can discriminate between foreign and domestic... why can't we?

Please don't try to argue with me "Well my Toyota was built here!" Part of the money you gave to Toyota does stay here, true... but a lot of it goes straight back to Japan, not to Chevrolet or Ford (Ford, who does in fact, make a quality product which is comparable to Toyota's/Honda's quality).

I must interject about Toyota's new problem... "Sudden, uncontrollable acceleration." They are all saying it is a problem with their floor mats and pedals. I think its not! I believe it is a problem with their fly-by-wire, computer controlled system. It will cost them big.

By now I bet you're wondering what I drive. It's a Volvo... but it is a used 13 y/o one, and my mom loves it so she drives it mostly (we refer to it as my car because I chose it :p). I usually end up driving an 11 y/o Saturn... Yep! Its American.

I would totally buy a new Ford if I could. Ask Tek, I tried to convince him to consider a Ford for his next car... but he seems too brainwashed :D:mad::p.

they are trying to do just that...but the name change doesn't change the underlying agenda.

What would that be?

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bug

What would that be?

to enrich themselves, and redistribution by taxing you into oblivion.....

What would that be?

They actually serve the cat masters that be above.

Global warming will serve as an instrument of psychological terror that will tip the scales in favor of Basement Cat's forces.

In a form of proxy war, Ceiling Cat is using Basement Cat's armies to fight and defeat the hoomins. After that is successful, Ceiling Cat will send Happy Cat to finish off the remnants of Basement Cat.

Then, there will be PEAS ON ERF.

"13 An suddenly, moar angelz! They sez, 14 "w00t to teh Ceiling Cat! An peace fer doodz he luffs! Kthxbai."
-Louk 2: 13-14, lolcat bible.

to enrich themselves, and redistribution by taxing you into oblivion.....

I think that once new more "eco-friendly" technologies become more commonplace you'll find that the government will stop taxing you out the wazoo.

This technology is already here in several forms.

The Honda FCX uses hydrogen to generate electricity for an electric motor to propel the car. Now you're saying there are no hydrogen stations in my state! You're right, but the hydrogen would be used in the same way gasoline is used - gas stations. To top it off, the hydrogen costs the same as gasoline does.

Topgear said this car is the car of the future because it is so similar to the car of today. It requires no major changes to the way current systems work.

Then, there will be PEAS ON ERF.

"13 An suddenly, moar angelz! They sez, 14 "w00t to teh Ceiling Cat! An peace fer doodz he luffs! Kthxbai."
-Louk 2: 13-14, lolcat bible.

HAhahahahahahaha Hilarious!

Last edited:
i've always driven smaller economical cars. right now I have a 2000 chevy cavalier. before that I had a 2003 ford focus. and before that was a 97 cavalier.

I don't think i've ever owned anything that has gotten less than 30 or 35 mpg. I also own a 93 Geo Storm that is more of a project car and a play toy. I've owned it for years and am getting ready to have it painted desert camouflage color and have Desert Storm put in the back window.

I do believe that God gave us all the resources for the great industrial revolution and put us here in charge of all the earth but I don't think He meant for us to squander what we have been given. I think we are to make the best use of what we have and use it to our best advantage. It's a myth that fossil fuels are non renewable but that renewal process takes a lot longer than I will be around. I'm not an eco friendly recycling nut but I do try to be considerate in the choices that are given to me and take the time to do what is best for the environment when I can.

I must interject about Toyota's new problem... "Sudden, uncontrollable acceleration." They are all saying it is a problem with their floor mats and pedals. I think its not! I believe it is a problem with their fly-by-wire, computer controlled system. It will cost them big.

I believe this is called "pep"

What AGW?

I'm sorry, there is no longer anything to AGW. First East Anglia and now the two prominent centers in the USA. Never mind the revelations from Russia regarding missing data from their stations in the East Anglia CRU data sets. This is debunked. People who are pushing it (AGW) are shills for big corporations or big government, all looking to take you and your wallet for a ride. Go buy your Prius, it will make you feel better despite the fact it's lifetime 'carbon' footprint is larger then a Hummer. Actually, go buy a Prius because it's 'carbon' footprint is bigger then that of a Hummer!

Last edited:
First off I do not beleive man has had the impact on climate change as some would have us believe. However...
1) as believers, we are to be caretakers of the earth. Not in some Gaia worship sense. Interstingly enough my iPhone just capitalized Gaia automatically but does not do that for the word god.
2) we have failed for themost part taking care of Gods earth. Perfect example are the lakes around Louisville. An advisory went out in the fall that says we can't eat any of the fish from them.

As believers, if we fail to do our part in taking of the parks and waterways how can we be upset when the gvt steps in. Personally, I think the environmental issue should never have left the church. In my opinion, secular man has once again tried to strip our inheritance right from our hands before our very eyes.

Not sure if keeping it in the church would make things any better. We might still have a flat earth where the universe revolves around us. Science does not replace God, its through science we learn how things work and how great an engineer and imaginative God we have. You need good science to back up government decisions. I assume the issuance of the warning for the lakes around Luisville were done with good, verifiable data. The AGW, on the other hand, is not scientific. What we have is advocacy and science going to bed with each other and it looks like they have both had a very good time! And now we have governments threatening to make decisions based on data that has been verified as being tampered with, with catastrophic outcomes should we not act being admittedly now over emphasized. It is really, really sad.

Ya, I don't know about "keeping it in the church" either...if that means the church organization. I guess what my concern boils down to is this... Global warming made by man has srious flaws. But our response to it can be polarizing and remove us from a position to make am argument. For example, if Christians were known as protectionists for the environment,because God made us it's caretaker, how much stronger would our position be in defeating the current flawed hypothesis.

Back