Guild Wars 2, Looking epic, yes?

Skibabinz

Seriously, I pray to God this game lives up to its hype. So what class/race are you guys thinking of being assuming you try?

Norn Warrior perhaps for me.

Moderator's Note: Moved to SoE/SOE Main

Last edited by a moderator:
Since they introduced the Sylvari in EotN I've always wanted to play one. Probably a ranger, but idk. I'll need to actually read about all the classes, haven't been able to read everything that's coming out.

Good question. My problem is every time they release a new profession I want to play as it first. Honestly, I think I'm going to make one of every class divided evenly between the races.

Human: Ele & ______
Sylvari: Sin & Ranger
Asura: Mesmer & _______
Norn: Warrior & Necro

I already know there has to be at least one human ranger in the line up. And after reading Ghosts of Ascalon I also will have to make a Sylvari Necro. Everything else is up for grabs.

I def gonna make a human warrior.
The female charr are way cool.
Sylvari will prolly be a ranger.
Asura for sure, not positive what prof.
Norn something as well at some point.

Yeah, Ghosts of Ascalon was really good.

I finally reinstalled and started back with Guild Wars in anticipation of Guild Wars 2. Yeah. I have hype already... just based on playing the first one.

Readin' up on GW2 now, and it pretty much has me going... in an emoticon... o_O

I want it. Gonna need a computer that can run it. lol

Does anyone have a handle on what we need to do in Guild Wars that will carry over Guild Wars 2? Any titles - or pets - or rewards - or anything?

Does anyone have a handle on what we need to do in Guild Wars that will carry over Guild Wars 2? Any titles - or pets - or rewards - or anything?
From the FAQ:
Can I play my original Guild Wars character in Guild Wars 2?

Guild Wars 2 is a whole new game with different professions and races, new technology, and expanded gameplay. It is not possible to directly use an original Guild Wars character.

However, your original Guild Wars character names will be reserved for your use in Guild Wars 2. The Hall of Monuments in Guild Wars 2 recognizes the accomplishments commemorated by your original Guild Wars characters and provides you with unique rewards to showcase those achievements.

When will we find out the specific benefits that the Hall of Monuments provides to Guild Wars 2 characters?

We will reveal exactly how the Hall of Monuments works when we're closer to the launch of the game.

I would like more details as to account storage and such. If you play different races, I'm assuming they won't be able to share an account warehouse/storage?

The question I have is much simpler, from a simpler brain. And I haven't found it asked or answered yet. With the new z-axis can we "fall off" bridges and things by accident? Or do we have built in safe guards? GW was easy no z-axis no fall off. See a question by a bear of little brain.

As far as the hall of monuments go, they have revealed a little more on it from Gamescom a few weeks ago in germany. First: there will be an article coming "soon" on the gw2 website that will include a full hall-reward guide.
Second: various accomplishments, achievements, statues, etc will accumulate as"points". With these points, u will buy/unlock various rewards in gw2. Finally, you do not have to have a full hall to receive rewards.

**speculation from here on out**
With a point system, it could be implemented in a number of ways: each unique item/title/statue added in your account gives you a point, and various levels of stuff become available as you meet and pass point levels.
It could accumulate based on a total number, on a per monument grouping toward related rewards, or some combination between. Going further, certain achievements/acquisitions could give different point values. For instance, a treasure hunter title could be worth more points than say, a guardian title. A special event green minipet might be worth more than that white jungle troll you got for your first birthday.

And yes, you can fall off a bridge, such as the one through the middle of divinity's reach shown in the last trailer/video. One of the game managers mentioned walking too close to look down into the giant hole and falling in :D

Back