Half-Life 2

MaxX

This game blows me away. It's hard to even remember it in real life, it's so realistic and amazing.
wow.gif

I love it, the only frustration is the loading times, but its acceptable when playing such a beast of a game.

I just played the first scene, un-beleiveable. Just, stunning, utterly, stunning. CS:S hardly does it justice. The physics are amazing. I sat there watching the characters walk for 5 minutes, I swear you could see the muscles moving.

There is still some /obvious/ this is rendered characteristics in the characters movements and features but not like, say, ROTT (If anybody remembers that
smile.gif
). I have been truly impressed with the game overall so far and I can hardly wait to get a bit more into it.

Did anyone else keep picking up trash and throwing it at the guards in that first scene?

Having guards chase you through the area with a taser man that was amazing.

The game engine is pretty awesome. The load times are killer though. Especially during the first sequence where the guards chase you. You have the uptempo music going, bullets flying, your running through the hallways of a building, turn a corner and bam, Loading... I am really hoping that doesn't happen a lot in the game as that was a real tempo killer.

Frame rate was pretty good but I suffered from some audio stuttering that seems to be a common issue.

It's everything I had hoped it would be. It couldn't have come at a better time, either, when I definately needed someone to distract my mind from real life events -.-

God bless you, Valve. Even if you did lie and postpone the game for a year and a half.

<3

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I am really hoping that doesn't happen a lot in the game as that was a real tempo killer.

It has so far, i am running around on a speedboat thing and when u turn a corner at full speed with the turret blazing... smack.. loading..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Exo-Slayer @ Nov. 18 2004,10:52)]Did anyone else keep picking up trash and throwing it at the guards in that first scene?

Having guards chase you through the area with a taser man that was amazing.
LOL I did! I kept throwing cans at him and he kept whackin me with that stick. If you hit him and ran from him he would chase you till he could hit you. One time he backed me in the corner and kept walking into me and everytime he did he whacked me with that stick. It took me 3 or 4 tries to jump past him.

Great game though, by far the best I've seen yet.

Cory

Just finished the game, wow that was quite amazing. The ending was not quite what I expected but then again neither was the orignal half life.

Exo-Slayer, you were not alone, I think I spent 30 minutes pick up stuff and chucking it at various guards and running until they stopped chasing me. I especially liked the bottles to the heads
smile.gif

I opened up the game and said "Wow, wow, and more wow." I knew the graphics were going to be good, but I never expected them to be THAT good.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Exo-Slayer, you were not alone, I think I spent 30 minutes pick up stuff and chucking it at various guards and running until they stopped chasing me. I especially liked the bottles to the heads

Probably my favorite part so far
smile.gif

I was actually concerned there for a second that the load times were my fault, but glad (or not) to see everyone else is having the same problem. I'm sure they will do something about that in the next patch.

i can't do much. our computer is 4 years old. got it in 2000. i can't even say i got a sound OR a grahpics card. >.<

they're both wimpy chips on the mother board. i even get sound stuttering sometimes in aztec. >.< but it's a decent computer. 1.6 ghz. don't need much. if i upgraded my graphics card, then our computer would be a bit faster.

ZERO ADAWARE ON OUR COMPUTER! I DELETED IT ALL! MUAHAHAHAH!

Best part: bunnyhopping on the Combine guards' head. Too bad after about 5 min they got me down and beat my head with their nubby sticks.

Back