How did you get/make your name?

Treat Ember Kindly.

makes sense to me.
He was Tek before I was Ember. Before I ever entered into the picture, really.

BUT. Stiilllll.... Me likey. :D

I have tried harassing him live and in person to post here, but I haven't had any luck either. :confused: And I don't know the story enough to relay it on his behalf.

So. Feel free to continue with the threats. LOL

He was Tek before I was Ember. Before I ever entered into the picture, really.

BUT. Stiilllll.... Me likey. :D

I have tried harassing him live and in person to post here, but I haven't had any luck either. :confused: And I don't know the story enough to relay it on his behalf.

So. Feel free to continue with the threats. LOL

Maybe he had a flash of divine insight. Or maybe a butterfly flew dozens of miles just to ensure just the right amount of pressure from its flapping wings hit tek, forever altering his mentality.

Tek! We'll convert this thread to a fawning, obsessive discussions of the worst games and animes of all time, if you don't poast! >:C

This seems as good a time as any to remind everyone that...
  • Yes, I'm still planning on posting the origin of my name--though I admit I'll be a little sad to do so and eliminate what little bit of mystery still surrounds me.
  • Tribe of Judah and the Christian Gamers Alliance both have open staff positions. The sooner I get help, the more time I'll have to sit down with keyboard and screen, trying to jog my memory on the exact details on how I chose my handle over 10 years ago. Just sayin'!

Bumping this thread so I can find it more easily. Going to try to carve out some time this weekend to write up a brief post explaining the origin of my name.

I really have intended to post something for a while now, but keep forgetting (and only seem to remember when I can't afford the time to type out a full post).

Bumping this thread so I can find it more easily. Going to try to carve out some time this weekend to write up a brief post explaining the origin of my name.

I really have intended to post something for a while now, but keep forgetting (and only seem to remember when I can't afford the time to type out a full post).

Nooo, the world will finally end if tek tells his tale.

That's only because you keep stealing all the loot.
Pfft, if I had stolen all the loot, I'd be playing Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix in 1080i on my 40+" HDTV in my mansion instead of typing this post. :p

I found the materials I wanted to have on hand before making my upcoming post.

Let me say that those who requested that I post the origin of my name can not have known the length and depth of the history behind the name.

Also know that finding the materials I've been seeking required me to dig through old archives of materials I wrote during my adolescence. I have suffered today.

But the long wait is nearly over. Expect the origin post in the next 24 hours.

Teaser image time:

But make no mistake: The history of the "Tek" name goes back even further.

Last edited:
(I did point out to him the fact that no one really expected him to dig up any 15-year-old artifacts which ultimately led to his handle. But ya know...Tek's the kind of guy who...when he finally goes...will go all out.) =)

Back