How did you get/make your name?

Female troubles. ^_~

Obviously he has been rather successful.
Actually, Elihu handled the female troubles.

For those that didn't already know, Elihu and I have been best friends for about 19 years now. He was the Vice President of TekWizard (which, in case you couldn't tell by the shoddy design and the clipart, was intended more as a tongue-in-cheek joke rather than the foundation of a real company).

(I did point out to him the fact that no one really expected him to dig up any 15-year-old artifacts which ultimately led to his handle. But ya know...Tek's the kind of guy who...when he finally goes...will go all out.) =)

Tek, when I wanted you to fulfill your promise I wasn't expecting a wall of crit text and for you to go on a physical search for objects that originated 15 years in the past.

However, I am very thankful for the response regardless. It helps us relate to you so much better!

I responded to your post in its thread, thanks a ton for your response! :D

Unfortunately, I was hoping for MORE PEOPLE!

3 1/2 pages for Tek7... :eek:
I suppose I could volunteer my name's origins. It's actually pretty simple, really. Annath is an anagram for Nathan. What's annoying is that I'm not the only Nathan on the internet that came up with that, so it's often taken. >_<

Let's see...

Mordos - Comes from a arcade (was the place to be growing up) game called MACE.

Bax - It is short for Baxter which is the nerdy fly guy from TMNT

Polycarp - Early Church father

Tek, when I wanted you to fulfill your promise I wasn't expecting a wall of crit text and for you to go on a physical search for objects that originated 15 years in the past.
More than 15 years for some of the papers, actually.

/cough

But I suspected all along that it would take a few hours to gather the information and write out the post. That's one reason it took so long for me to actually make the post. That, and I kept forgetting.

However, I am very thankful for the response regardless. It helps us relate to you so much better!

I responded to your post in its thread, thanks a ton for your response! :D
/bow

Unfortunately, I was hoping for MORE PEOPLE!
Now that I've posted the origin of my handle and alias, people no longer have any excuse to not post theirs.

Well my user name "Whon" came from around 1997 and it really started with one of the first sites I visited on the internet at school... ShaqChat. My group of friends spent every free period messing with people in the chat room and we were on there so much we figured we should really stick with one user name rather then just making one up every time we logged in.

During this time my older brother was at college and I needed to ask him a question and I was reluctant to call, So my Mother dialed the phone for his room and handed me the receiver. All I remember was some strange voice answered saying, "JUAN'S TACO STAND, JUAN SPEAKING!" I slammed the phone down and looked at my mother asking her what crazy number she dialed. I then redialed the correct number to have my brother answer laughing and saying it was his friends messing around.

So, me, being the English major that I am (not) wanted to use Juan as a user name, but had no idea how to spell it, so I spelled it Whon and have been using it since.

Other names I've used: Atomsk (FLCL character), Vomo Oromo (SWG random creation)

Hehehe I started playing counterstrike 1.6 as PKLDnut before I was led to Tribe of Judah and I decided to join but I felt that my handle might be misleading hehehe it is true I am exactly that but to avoid explanations I changed it to mimic a memory of a movie that starred Joe Namath as cc.rider. What can I say, I had a hollow leg that could never be filled and he walks through the super market making sandwiches and eating twinkies and downing milk then walks out all fat n happy. Well I don't have the fat part down so slim fit perfectly and there we have my short story!

Back