I got a PS3

Well.. if your Hard Drive gets wiped out anytime soon, I know why.. ;)

Man, that was too much funny for the little bit of sleep I got. Nicely done.

Seems the only games i am getting in the next 6 months are LBP and the remaining LEGO games since we demolished starwars in a couple of weeks... my wife is addicted o_O

And hey! Media Molecule announced they will be keeping all the levels created during beta! Which ends......aww. And I work until midnight :-(.

Oh well. 9 days until release in North America.

Question to Omega about the hard drive...
I've heard that most notebook hard drives would work as a new hard drive for the PS3, and that they are easy to format once in your PS3. I was gunna ask you if this was true, seeing has how you've done one.
And also, does installing your own hard drive void the warranty? I figured it might. But I'm coming up on the one year mark here in December. And I only have a 40GB model. So I've very interested in making an upgrade at some point.

Replacing the hard drive does not void the warranty. Sony will even tell you how to do it. Also, any 2.5" SATA will work. You just have to replace the old hdd if something malfunctions and you need to ship it in or something like that. I'll try and dig up the link off the official site, but I'm pretty sure the instructions on swapping drives are in the manual.

ConGrats rizz on the PS 3, thats 1 of the 2 gaming platforms I do not own but I know they are a Blast, Such a Shame Microsoft never got all Games for Windows into cross platform, HF :)

Although if the guy who promises to buy my Wii runs away then i may have to eat it or burn it for heat.

Not sure how the friends thing works but my login name is Rizzrat or you can find me via my email addy.

Yeah, you are now in the 21st century or something. PS3 ftw...well sure!

Rizz have you tried the Valkyria Chronicles demo? I might have to create a PAL account to get it instead of buying Qore this month. Although, I DID fork over $3.15 for month-early access to the Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm demo :D

I havent put my card details into the PS shop yet.. just got LEGO Batman which will keep me occupied until LBP comes out here.

LEGO Batman is tons of fun. I'm not sure if they're out in the UK yet, but there are PSN cards out that you can buy instead of putting any credit/debit card info into the store itself, if that's something you'd rather do. From my experience though, it's rather secure it would seem. Also I don't have credit cards, I just use my debit card.

Havent looked to be honest. Wii Shop was a let down so i am kinda gunshy about the PSN. But it all looks good. My brother has wipeout HD but i was not that impressed. I remember the original and i completed it 100% (there werent many of us) but this just looks a bit tacked on for £15 ($30)

LEGO Batman is tons of fun. I'm not sure if they're out in the UK yet, but there are PSN cards out that you can buy instead of putting any credit/debit card info into the store itself, if that's something you'd rather do. From my experience though, it's rather secure it would seem. Also I don't have credit cards, I just use my debit card.

I bought Wipeout HD, and I kind of regret it now. Just a lot of better games coming out this month and next. Plus there doesn't seem to be much to Wipeout.

I have been playing SOCOM lately. I've enjoyed it for the most part. They apparently didn't work out all the bugs during the Beta. But I did play for nearly 2 hours last night and it looked like it has gotten better. The headset has pretty good sound quality, like they said it would. I don't think it's the most comfortable thing to wear, on the other hand. But it's not painful. I'm sure it fits some better than others.

I guess Wipeout HD is not for everyone. I still think it is one of the best and most challenging racing games on PSN with some of the best presentation values on the console and solid online play. And I like that the vehicles handle differently than other racing games, and it still demands a lot of practice on mastering the tracks and controls. And for $20 in the US, I think it is a very fair price.

I was on the SOCOM beta, and in the last few days, I thought most of the bugs were taken care of, but I guess Slant Six, the developers, were not able to get them all in the release. I plan on getting the official Bluetooth headset separately, and I was going to wait on how the game pans out after some fixes. I hope the frame rate has smoothed out and stays consistent.

I noticed rizz posted a link to using an external hard drive with the PS3. I was wondering: can you run games off an external hard drive?

I'm by no means a Wipeout expert, but I love how it's different in not being just about reflexes. To excel you really have to know the track. It's slow going for me advancing through the campaign but I'm having a lot of fun with it. However, now that my brother has Eye of Judgment, I'll be playing that a lot more. Especially once I get my Set 2 and 3 cards in the mail :D.

I noticed rizz posted a link to using an external hard drive with the PS3. I was wondering: can you run games off an external hard drive?

Not sure, you can set the directory structure up identical to the PS3 and one folder is GAME (for game saves and data) so there is no reason why it wouldnt work. I would post around some PS3 boffin boards if you are seriously considering it.. I have managed to get a 8GB USB key to replicate well and have videos ets running from it.

Back