inFamous

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I had considered passing on inFamous, even though it's going to sell for $10 on Black Friday, until I realized that it was a PS3 exclusive. Now I'm leaning toward picking it up.

Any reason why I should skip it?

I had considered passing on inFamous, even though it's going to sell for $10 on Black Friday, until I realized that it was a PS3 exclusive. Now I'm leaning toward picking it up.

Any reason why I should skip it?
Hating cool things is pretty much the only reason I can come up with.

Then again, I've only played the demo. But I've played it many times because of how enjoyable it is.

If the (good) Spider-Man games had a kid with the (good parts of) Force Unleashed, I think it'd be a lot like Infamous.

Seriously... I may have to... ahem... acquire ten bucks to pick this up, too. I've been meaning to get it, and $10 is ridiculously cheap.

It's good. Very good. It'll last you about... 25 hours? It's open world. It's comic booky. And it's very fun. That has to be one of my top three super hero games evar. (Behind Batman:AA, and the Xbox version of Hulk: Ultimate Destruction)

$10 is a steal, sir. Highly recommend.

$10 is a steal, sir. Highly recommend.
Sounds like an awesome game!

Unfortunately, Wal-Mart is only selling it in stores. So I won't be getting it after all. And now I can never pay more than $10 for it.

EDIT: Wow, Tek, l2read:
As advertised in your local ad, this item will be available in stores and online at the special low price on Friday, November 26.
Looks like I'll be picking up this AND Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction as planned.

Last edited:
infamous is full is win

the attention to detail on world design and level of polish is awesome

so fun
Another positive review!

Now I just need to figure out when the Wal-Mart sales go live. I'll probably be at the keys starting at 11 p.m. Central tonight to be ready.

Got the print ad today. Says 12:01AM.

I need to go slay some mobs for the cash to get this. And Killzone 2. Would even pick up God of War Collection and sell off my PS2 builds.

Got the print ad today. Says 12:01AM.
Aye, but isn't that for brick and mortar stores only? I need to know what time (including time zone) I need to be in front of the computer, logged in to the Wal-Mart site, with my debit card in hand.

Man, had passed on this game before, but after reading the props on this thread, I'll definitely be trying the demo and adding it to my "want" list. Thanks guys.

Consider it payback for all the times you bring up games, leaving me to want to play them. :p

Seriously, though, my only complaint with the game is some repetition. Tends to be the case in any open-world game, and it's plenty forgivable here. Such a fun game.

Parts of it can get really hard (in particular, when I run right into an angry mob and expect to live... without killing a hundred civilians in the process). I pretty much lost the entire weekend to this game.

Not regretting it, though. :p

Back