Info on Legendaries

Koeril

I put together a spreadsheet to track my progress toward obtaining a legendary. For me, it is the dagger and so this is specific to my needs. However, I thought it may be interesting for people to see exactly how much goes into getting a legendary and to see if they want to try for it instead of keeping my info to myself. If you are going to go for a legendary as well, please feel free to copy/paste this into your own document (be sure to replace the Gift for your specific weapon!). I seriously have no idea how people have gotten them already :D

My spread sheet

I'll also take any advice or hints from people about the best place to obtain these things. As much as I knew I put in the notes section of each item.

Sources used to gather this info:
Legendary Weapons Guide (GW2Guru)
T6 Materials Farming on Sanctum of Rall ... outdated at times

Wow! - nicely done. I now have a wish list of items to collect. I would love to have this dagger for my dagger/dagger elementalist.

Thanks for doing the legwork on this.

TY for the info! Not going for this yet, but will check back if/when I decide to.

What, exactly, does the phrase, "0 until 77 clovers" mean?

Looking at your file - I get the same feeling I used to get looking at what it would take to have Obsidian armor in Guild Wars. But I eventually got there...I will here, as well.

I did download the file and will be starting my own "wish list."

What, exactly, does the phrase, "0 until 77 clovers" mean?

To get Mystic Clovers, you need to spend skill points to get the crystals or philosopher stones and you also need to use obsidian shards. Getting the clovers is luck based and so it is impossible to know exactly how many obsidian shards or skill points will be needed. Until I get the 77 clovers, I'm not going to put obsidian shards or skill points on the sheet even if I have some (I have ~100 shards and ~160 skill points, but only 40 clovers).

*edit* And ectos ... which incidentally is where the phrase is located. Need a mysterious amount of ectos to get all the clovers too.

Last edited:
Yikes...only someone with a missionary's heart will ever get that done.

I made one of these lists for my rifle too - just handwritten out in my gaming notebook. If someone is interested in the path to the legendary rifle, I could possibly get that posted too!

I'm interested any any of the higher level (all the way to legendary) weapons.

I didn't see your dagger listed there...but these look very interesting.

That site would have made my life so much easier ... :D

Sorry, I thought you were wanting info on other items than legendaries that are just as cool with effects.

You are correct - I do want information on other items. It will be a long time coming before I get a legendary weapon. Others will have to do...but they do have to be cool.

Good link, Koeril, thanks. There are some exotics I like better than the Legendaries, which is kind of exciting since they are more obtainable.

Here is a list of exotic weapon skins with their chat codes so you can preview them yourself in game. They're also organized by weapon type. Unfortunately, as I understand it, sometimes the previewer doesn't show you the particle effects that belong to the weapon, which can make a big difference.

Back