• Yes, Jesus paid for all sins before they were committed

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sdenotter

An interesting thought.... curious to know what you all think about it... my dad preached about this a couple weeks ago and it really triggered my thinking

We willingly sin against God all the time. If I die in a car crash due to me speeding, I still die in sin. I think suicide is only slightly different-- people do it because they feel they can no longer bear life for whatever reason, not out of malice (in most cases). I feel pity for those who choose to end their own life, and feel that one action we take cannot overshadow the ultimate action taken by God.

No, the ultimate sin is blasphemy against the Spirit--the only sin that cannot be forgiven

Matthew 12:31 (NIV)
And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

or at least that's what I feel is the ultimate sin because it cannot be forgiven (although I'm not sure what it is, exactly)

Well, looks like C$ took my response, that is exactly what i would have said. In essence, the ultimate and unforgiveable sin is not believing in God.

I would like someone who opposes this view to post their thoughts and biblical support for their belief.

like you can see by my posts in "the former" article, i firmly believe in predestination. I believe that nothing i do affects my salvation. Doing good is only out of gratitude, not out of need to earn my salvation. I believe i could be a serial killer, world dictator, and die by nuking the world, and still go to heaven. Now, since i have Christ in my life, i could never do those things so it is a kind of pointless illustration, but if i did, God has already forgiven me. My salvation has nothing to do with my actions. My actions can act as evidence of Christ in my life, but they do not affect my salvation.

I think it is judgmental on our part to say suicide is the ultimate sin. What matters is if the person is saved or not. irregardless of how they die..if you aren't saved you ae going to hell..if you are you're going to heaven.

I forgot to mention - but I think suicide is one of the most selfish sins. IF sin could be given a measure of selfishness - what I mean to say is that taking one's life doesn't do as much damage to them as it does to those around them, those who love them. They aren't taking their own life themselves so much as taking their life away from everyone around them - for purely selfish reasons. No one can say "I hate myself, therefore I'm going to kill myself." In reality, they love themselves to the extent that they are only thinking of themselves. Very narcissistic if you ask me....

i was always under the impression that killing ur self led to hell, and the reason was cause God gave us the gift of life, so we destroy that gift... and thats mean.

anyway, just my 2 cents...

Isn't all sin the same in God's eyes? There's a verse about it....i just can't find it now. But it pretty much says all sin is SIN and separates you from God. Well....wait....now that i think about it......sexual sin is the worst. All other sin is outside the body, while immoral sex is inside.

If you slit your wrists and kill yourself you are basically saying to God that he shouldn't have given you life. Now are they going to hell is another story. I won't be the one to judge; God will judge them not me. There are many different forms of suicide.

Now lets say I am working for the military and I volunteer to do a "suicide" mission. I am informed that that chances to survive are pretty much nil but what I am about to do might win the war and save many lives in the process. Such as the storming a heavily defended beach head in normandy during ww2 where your chances for survival were slim at best. I have respect for those who go down "fighting." Now lets take an arab who was taught at an early age that westerners were evil etc. He joins a terrorist group and blows himself up while near a school and kills a bunch of kids in the process. I don't have any respect for that obviously but there is alot of disturbing propaganda that comes out of that area that brainwashes people like these.

All we got to do is worry about our own spiritual lives and help the people we know.

I don't believe in predestination because that would mean that God condemned many people to hell without a choice...

I do believe that all sins are equal, with the exception of blasphemy against the spirit as you can see in Matthew 12:31

But you have to separate suicide, and giving up your life for another. Both are suicide.....but one is for yourself...the other is for another. Which is the great sign of love for another.

What if all men were naturally headed to Hell....then wouldn't it be the grace of God to save whom He chose because HE is God?

I don't believe in predestination because that would mean that God condemned many people to hell without a choice...

However, i believe we did have a choice, but we chose to listen to Satan and eat the forbidden fruit. Therefore our race chose hell over Christ. However, by his grace God has saved some of from the fate we Chose for ourselves with adam.

I just gone done eating. Yay for God predestining bacon cheeseburgers to be so delicious.

*head esploades*

MINION DUST!!! WOO!

ya this is over my head, silly Bible studiers... make us people reading it look bad.

so good luck on ur lil discussion! i will be playing GW =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back