It's A ____!

I know someone who believes in a macro-evolution theory called punctuated something or other, the "hopeful monster" theory, and I always joke that when he has kids he'll never rest easy because he won't know if he'll have offspring of a different species :p

It's called "punctuated equilibrium." And don't get me started...

And to Chris:
As far as the baby goes, yay. Glad the ultrasound went well. And I'm voting June 22; your wife would, by that point, be quite thrilled to have the baby a week early, I bet. :D

:) you know those Ultrasounds can be wrong :p.

acutally, it's more often (as in 90%) that it's the other way around. unless there's a swelling with just the right shape between his legs... yeah.

he was about as cooperative as a fetus can be as far as ultrasounds go, positioned correctly, and everything. just about the only thing we had problems with was trying to look at the lips(my wife was born with a cleft lip), he kept sucking his thumbs. but, everything looked just fine. no problems so far that we can tell.

and thanks, everybody.

he was about as cooperative as a fetus can be as far as ultrasounds go, positioned correctly, and everything. just about the only thing we had problems with was trying to look at the lips(my wife was born with a cleft lip), he kept sucking his thumbs. but, everything looked just fine. no problems so far that we can tell.

Yay! Boys are awesome, as I'm sure Derk, Ash, and Halonic will affirm, among others. I'm sure girls would be awesome in an equal, but different way.

I tell you what though, it is amazing to think that some people don't consider something that has the intelligence to deliberately suck it's own thumb to be alive. I'm willing to bet that anyone who has had a late term abortion never saw an ultrasound. (BTW, for me, the child wasn't "real" to me until I actually saw something that looked kind of like a baby on the ultrasound. At that instant, my heart found a new area it never knew existed, and I was overwhelmed to tears.)

Did you print off a picture of the ultrasound that you'll keep at your desk at work?

I saw my sis-in-law's ultrasound video a few weeks ago. It's amazing what they can do with technology now!

i find it more interesting with the more technology we have people are still complaining about what they dont have. AND also with the more tech we have the more we accualy know we dont know anything...

Chris, you mentioned your wife was born with a cleft lip. One of my clients (I'm a graphic designer) is an organization called Forward Face. They work with children and adults with "facial differences" (craniofacial conditions, from cleft lips and palates on up).

I've seen before and after pictures of kids with some serious conditions, and it is AMAZING what they can do! As far as the kids whose conditions can't be corrected, it's still amazing what upbeat, happy children and adults they can be! (I do their newsletter, so I read all the stories and see all the photos.)

Chris, you mentioned your wife was born with a cleft lip. One of my clients (I'm a graphic designer) is an organization called Forward Face. They work with children and adults with "facial differences" (craniofacial conditions, from cleft lips and palates on up).

I've seen before and after pictures of kids with some serious conditions, and it is AMAZING what they can do! As far as the kids whose conditions can't be corrected, it's still amazing what upbeat, happy children and adults they can be! (I do their newsletter, so I read all the stories and see all the photos.)

she was actually born with both cleft lip and palate, which is like 1 in a billion chance or something. i've seen pictures from before her surgery, and it really is an amazing difference between then and now.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff;208755 said:
for me, the child wasn't "real" to me until I actually saw something that looked kind of like a baby on the ultrasound. At that instant, my heart found a new area it never knew existed, and I was overwhelmed to tears.)

Popcorn boy didn't feel real to me until he kicked. Up until then he was more of an annoying little parasite. I never wanted to know before hand if my baby was a boy or a girl for fear that they would be wrong. I just wanted to be happy with my new baby.

Kel Queen of all Europe

that's because there's so many things that cause it they couldn't isolate all the thingies to immunize you for it. Or at least that's their excuse

Back