Jehovah/Yahweh v. God the Father v. Allah

true avatar but we aint the supreme court. and we techinically have to follow the rules here

I didn't read the whole thread, just the title. YHVH is God Almighty. In all actuality, this is the whole of the Godhead, not just one aspect (God the Father is one aspect). I believe YHVH is Allah, but I don't believe Islam (along with alot of "Christians") will be among those people to whom YHVH says "I never knew you" even though they were among those who said "Lord, Lord."

I guess, if you think about the history of all of it, Islam grew out of the children of Ishmael, the son of Abraham. It is clear this his mother, Hagar, recognized and worshipped YHVH, though she might have still clung to the worship of any number of other gods at the same time.

Like most lies, they only go down with a certain measure of truth. You can apply that to just about any false doctrine that's ever made its way into the hands of a human. Who knows how many I, myself, have bought into merely because I was indoctrinated along those lines, rather than actually seeking the truth myself.

I'll give the muslims this, they are devout, and they take Allah seriously. Can we, as Christians, say the same thing?

i believe it is a bit of a different situation since, as christians we have a personal relationship with God, Muslims do not. so in a way we are held to a different standard, yet i believe it would be safe to say that yes we are devoute as we can. Bible talks about the true believers taken in the rapture, the ones taken i believe would be the ones considerd devout

Well. Islam sprung up from the mind of one man who received the voice of God on a mountain one fine sunny desert day in 610. Then God said the words that Mohammed had enscribed into the Qu'ran. Supposedly. Then Mohammed decided to go militant and went down to the local shrine of all 360 gods of the Arab tribes and broke them all, pissing half of Arabia off. They went to war against him, and those that bought into his idea of "Submission unto one God to be saved from hellfire and damnation by His whim on the third Tuesday of March or April". Also they didn't like the idea of being killed by this psychopath who got a tad too much sun on the mountain. Never a better chance to recant than when the sword is at your throat. Then Mohammed took off, made war on those who didn't submit to divine Allah and now they are a religion of "Peace, peace". Allah has fundamental differences from Jewish and Christian God and yet America is on this hellish rampage to say, "Three faiths, one God". I know this primarily because I've had to sit through about three long movies about hajj and origins and Jerusalem and all this BS of religious conformity to social standing.

I don't doubt that Muslims love their God. Props to them. Tolstoy wrote a short story on this of the angel Gabriel talking to God about some guy downstairs praying to an idol, that idol being the God he knew and loved with his heart. Gabriel basically asks the Big G if this guy's gonna waltz through the big pearls, and God says, "Yeppers, 'cause he's, like, worshipping me in his heart, though he doesn't know my face." Oh.

Do I hate Islam? No. Do I disagree strongly with Islam? Yeah. Am I blindly dedicate to God? No. Do I "Submit" to God and hope to catch him on one of his non-period days when I die? No. Do I have a relationship with God, like Father to son? I like to think so.
I think the fo sho damned are those who continually say: "Dudes, we're all like the same. Jews say Yahweh, we say Jesucristo and they say Allah. What's the freaking deal, yo?" Uh-uh.

Jesus said that there is one law that is more important than all other commandments, love thy neighbour. I honestly don't think God could care less if you believe in him or not, but more if you were good to him (by that i mean his children, us). If we were created in God's image, any time you shun a human being, you're shunning God. Every time you hurt a human being, you're hurting God. God gave us Jesus to explain to us, that even though God eventually judges you, and whether you are fit to go to heaven, you will not get there by sucking up to him through prayer and donations. You have to work to get into heaven, overcome your desires of hatred and inequality, and help those around you to lead better lives.

Not force those around you to do so, but try to get them to see that it doesn't matter what God they believe in, all that is important is being good to each other. (talk about sunday morning special preaching, haha)

As for the topic name, why not tag on "All are immortal, all have infinite power, tune in at the end of the universe to see the brawl of eternity"
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (guyee @ Feb. 09 2004,10:04)]Jesus said that there is one law that is more important than all other commandments, love thy neighbour. I honestly don't think God could care less if you believe in him or not, but more if you were good to him (by that i mean his children, us). If we were created in God's image, any time you shun a human being, you're shunning God. Every time you hurt a human being, you're hurting God. God gave us Jesus to explain to us, that even though God eventually judges you, and whether you are fit to go to heaven, you will not get there by sucking up to him through prayer and donations. You have to work to get into heaven, overcome your desires of hatred and inequality, and help those around you to lead better lives.

Not force those around you to do so, but try to get them to see that it doesn't matter what God they believe in, all that is important is being good to each other. (talk about sunday morning special preaching, haha)

As for the topic name, why not tag on "All are immortal, all have infinite power, tune in at the end of the universe to see the brawl of eternity"
biggrin.gif
34Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question:
36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'[2] 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[3] 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
watch it there buddy...

Guyee, I think you were beginning to hint at something about us needing just works to have a proper faith. Just in case you were, here's some Scripture to check out.

Galatians 2:16 - nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified.

Romans 9:30 What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, attained righteousness, even the righteousness which is by faith; 31 but Israel, pursuing a law of righteousness, did not arrive at that law. 32 Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as though it were by works.

Works alone aren't the key...the point Christ makes is that with faith we are saved. But once we do have faith, we will want to do works. It's true that in James it says faith without works is dead. But you have to have faith first.

Back