Leaving for good!

Sheckle

To my fellow Redeemies:

It has been a pleasure to get to know some of you guys over the years I’ve played WoW, but after spending all day today on this game I’ve come to realize what a waste of time WoW is in my life. It really has no purpose. This game is a huge distraction from everything productive….and for a long time I was just fine and dandy with letting it consume my free time…but no more. I officially quit. I apologize to all my friends who will miss me and I bow to those who would probably rejoice at the idea.

There are a few things I’d like to mention quite honestly before I depart for good.

One: Redeemed is a wonderful guild idea. But because it is the idea of a Christian guild filled with the imperfectness of people, with all sorts of different Christian backgrounds, it will always have problems. So please…next time you think to gripe and complain about something that Redeemed isn’t doing well in YOUR opinion…just keep your mouth shut. What do you think your negativity will do in the end other than drive people apart or just make people not like you? Try to have a Christian attitude about things. (no, im not saying this in a pretty way and im not judging people….im trying to get you guys to take a step back and think about it)

Two: Going off on point number one….our leaders are put in place specifically by other members or other ToJ leadership and are chosen not because they are perfect….but because it was decided they could help lead Redeemed to what it is meant to be. I've seen them get worn down from negative comment after negative comment from people.They are not perfect so again….get off their backs. Do you have any idea how hard it is to be a leader and have to try and manage all sorts of different people? Do any of you think you can agree on one solution? No, because we're all different…God did that on purpose…so please be a little more understanding when the leaders make a decision that you specifically are not happy with. They discuss it among themselves, weigh it very carefully before deciding, and then choose what they feel is best for the guild. No, this does not always mean they will make the right choice but seriously…sending hate mail to the president after he’s already made a choice is a little pointless. I encourage you all to be a little more compassionate and thoughtful instead of selfish…or so blinded by self-righteousness that you isolate yourself within the guild. Be more encouraging to those who have to deal with you. (Im in no way saying I am exempt from any of these accusations. We’ve all had our bad days) I seriously pray Redeemed really can show a more Christian attitude in the future towards each other especially. Being nice you can do to anyone….being someone anyone can approach and share their heart with is another. Yes it’s a game and if you use that excuse for every time someone brings this point up then I highly recommend you leave Redeemed. Redeemed has become my family….and most treat each other as such.

Three: …I really would absolutely LOVE to call out some people. But I will not because it would be wrong. So I will simply say to everyone else….to please forgive them. And just as a general rule of thumb…don’t take what everyone says about someone else at face value. Observe someone with your own eyes and experience instead of going by what someone says about someone else….especially if it’s negative.

Four: To all you elitists in the guild…..uhg you guys annoy me so much sometimes haha! But I still like you because I know your hearts are in the right place. I just want to say to you all once again that Redeemed’s purpose is not to raid so when they are at a point of slumping in the raid department, don’t say I didn’t warn you. Therefore there is no excuse for you elitists who love to raid to be any sort of angry or irritated towards leadership if they are not doing as well as you had hoped in the raiding department. Just go ahead and leave the guild…please. We love to have you with us but if you’re going to be like that just …leave please.
Anyways, Redeemed has been good to me over the years and I hope and pray the guild will give you the friends it gave me.

I will miss you all sincerely though. Have fun and a good life :)
- Ashley (Tots, Sheckle, Whispyr, Beaupeaux, Whyp, Shaydë, Vinipra, Euridea, Mischeef, and Psyrin) R.I.P

Nooooo Shecks! you're not going to be there when I come back? *joke* Yeah, I totally know what you're saying, the game can take up alot of time and make u slack off on some things.

I really enjoyed playing WoW with u and I wanted to wish u and Bill all the best. Hopefully he will still be coming back for a bit when I come back and he's not playing that Aion game. *LOL*

Ashley! Always epic. I hope you stick around on the forums. :) Keep on rocking for Jesus.

Awww, Im sad. Now who am I gona make fun of for having fail dps when they really dont??

If you come back I promise I'll be nice to you...sometimes...maybe....

J/k, God Bless and take care Ashley!

I know for one, Unchained will really miss you. You are one of them that made her shriek when you logged on. there are several in the guild that I know she really annoyed (she's 12 and can do that!) but you all had great patience with her and I thank you all for that.

I haven't grouped with you much lately but really enjoyed being in groups with you on any one of your toons.

I hope I'm not one of the elitists you are talking about :( I love the raiding aspect which is why I took Healsalot to a more raid oriented guild. I kept all my other toons in redeemed because this is where I like to be to relax and have fun.

You will be missed but we are happy that you have decided to move on with your life and do other things and wish you the best. I have had to really try hard to balance life and WoW lately. I may have to do the same thing soon but it will be hard because this is one way I can connect with my daughter and with her becoming a teenager in a few months, I don't want to do away with anything at all where I can actually connect with her.

I'd have to start playing Smallworlds if I gave up WoW... UGGGHHHH!

God Bless and keep in touch on the forum!

Wow. Great post, well said.

Bummer that you and Bill left just as I was getting to know you both. Such is life though. I wish you the best, and I'll still be checking in with you guys to see how you are doing!

Praying for you both as you start the journey God has planned for you.

I'll be praying for you Whispyr. I never got to know you to well but I always loved grouping with you. I hope you enjoy life to the fullest in your time away from WoW. I'm sure that if you ever come back, Redeemed will be here for you. Don't be a stranger on the forums and thanks for all the great WoW memories you've given everyone.

God Bless.

I demand a video Potatoes!!

Nah but seriously it was good to have known you and such and the times we had in raids and whatnot together. Sad to see you go but it is your choice and all that. I pray that God will guide you and Bill in all your future endeavors. Peace out.

P.S. On just a way way sidenote since Whispyr and Shadowbill are gone do we have to get a new Priest class leader or are there just not enough priests in redeemed to warrant one. Also ToTs another shaman (our one enchancement one too!) is gone ToT. Lol, your name makes the sad face emote. Wow this note is random...

I wonder what life would be like if we all (that is not to make anybody exempt, because nobody is, even if you think you are are, you aren't, unless you are not a follower of Christ) put to practice Colossians 3:12-14?

Good luck with your future endeavors, what ever they may be, where ever they may take you.

I finally get why he keeps calling you potatoe....Tots=tatertots=potatoe lol. Ok I know I'm slow.

Anyways, its a big decision to leave with the game being such a big part of how you spend your free time. You will be missed as you contributed much. I hope to see you around the forums and TOJ anyways. <3

PS....you can pm her or Shadowbill all your priestly questions I'm sure Azami/Legnase

I pray time will heal your wounds, Ashley. Christians hurt us the most because we expect more from them. Shame on us for forgetting that we're not perfect, just forgiven.

God Bless.

Running a Christian guild is tough. Operating raids and making the distribution of loot parallel to Christian-based ideals is insanely tough.

Leaders in a Christian guild need to blend biblical teachings with a system (whether its loot distribution, leveling, requirements for raids or frivolous/for fun activities, etc) humans engineered. Its hard stuff! People will get upset, guaranteed.

Ashley/Tots/Bopo/Sheckle/Whi...whatever, I commend you for quitting. I hope you find what you were looking for in all of this time you just inherited!

Good luck and stick around.

:D

Sad. You were the first person I grouped with in guild (Jehoshaphat is my toon) and I must say you were awesomesause. I really enjoyed grouping with you! I hope you have a wonderful life and please stop in and say hi sometime!

very well said sheckle! you said some things i wish i had said or even put into practice my self. I hope people actually read what you said and actually think about it.
you will be missed!

Quit WoW, you can come hang out in DAoC... good times, relaxing and still a blast! Well until STO (Star Trek Online) comes out. It's great, no stress in this game... (which equals Happy Mordos and happy mordos is fun mordos)

Back