MAGES AND BWL

I'll be joining raids on a regular basis once I upgrade my last two tier 0 pieces (head/chest) to tier .5. Just need magister's robe but after 35 Drakk kills, still haven't seen it drop. Hoping 36th time's the charm.

You have to upgrade in MC to move into BWL, walking into BWL with mostly blues (even with upgraded tier 0.5) and greens will see you slaughtered so fast. While the first boss in BWL doesn't require FR gear, the second boss (which is the second pull) is another Rag fight requiring 125FR for range, 200 for mellee and 250+ for Tanks. The +8 FR you get from the set bonus on dungeon sets just doesn't cut it. :(

I'll be joining raids on a regular basis once I upgrade my last two tier 0 pieces (head/chest) to tier .5. Just need magister's robe but after 35 Drakk kills, still haven't seen it drop. Hoping 36th time's the charm.
Avesther (God's Peon) is quite right, you won't make it to BWL with that gear, but you're easily geared to join MC on a regular basis!

We've required a good number of blues to get into MC, and you might get replaced when we take Rag, but you might as well start getting experience and dkp. And who knows? You might pick up tier 1 robes so you can stop running UBRS!

The Vaelstrasz fight with no FR is BAD... take my word for it. He hits you up with a buff that replenishes your mana every 2 seconds but it takes away health every 2 seconds. And if you get the bomb... well... RUN!

Best things to hear on a Vael fight are

1) Forgive me <insert pets name>. Your death only adds to my failure.
2) Player X is burning, Player X disconnects

Back