Manhunt

drumguy763

Anybody seen the reviews or played it?  I saw the TechTV review and read some reviews online (I don't want it.  I don't have a PS2, and I wouldn't want it even if I had one).  What are people's thoughts on this game?  I think it's just sick, but that's just my opinion  
rock.gif

Agreed on the sick part. It is underrated with an M rating, and everyone agrees with this, and it would be AO if esrb wasnt afraid of the fact that no major retail store will sell games with an AO rating. The people that give this game a good review are living in some twisted world of their own, because even a lot of non-Christians have a problem with this game too.

Yup, this is one sick and twisted game. Well, I haven't actually played it, but I can tell from everything I've seen and heard about it. The only thing I find somewhat appealing is the stealthy online matches, but I will definately wait for Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow for that. Rockstar Games really makes me mad.

I totally agree with you guys. Who would want a game where you go around killing people with your first weapon as a plastic bag!? And Rockstar games do make some really stupid games.
Vice City would be cool without the violence and swearing, but that's just my wish.

Well the one good thing about Manhunt is that, as far as I have heard, it's not selling well. I think it has only sold something like 75,000 copies so far? That's nothing in comparison to the 7+ million copies of Vice City.

the reason that is, at least from the feel of this I get from some of my other gaming forums, is because it is not on pc, and most people nowadays want a game on pc over on ps2, as that system is starting to show its age. lets just hope that no port to the pc is made, or those sales will go up
sad.gif

So, should this game be banned from sale or what?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Vice City would be cool without the violence and swearing

Yeah, and the drug references/use, the basic premise, the criminal activities and the car theft. Without those things the game would be pretty cool. Oh, wait...

I can understand and respect that many people know this is a game they should avoid. However, I do object to people who haven't played the game and seemingly know very little of it and are hence unable to pass judgment, doing just that; judging Manhunt and anyone who can apparently stomach the game.

True that a lot of people are quick to pass judgement on what they have not played orr researched, hence why I really have no opinion on vice city, and my opinion on manhunt is only taken from different reviews I've read and the fact that one country, New Zealand, has banned imports of it and made it illegal, which does not happen all to often, usually certain countries will recieve a censored version of the game, as the U.S. did with the game Giants: Citizen Kabuto. As far as games being made illegal, only the wolfenstein games being illegal in Germany come to mind, and there is really nothing wrong with those games at all, just over there they are still sensitive to their past, and with the swaztichas every in th game, I can kind of see where they come at it from, but whether New Zealand has a similar reason due to their culture/society or past, or if they banned it due to its sheer gruesomeness, which no one can argue its not, just read the reviews and see some screenshots, I do not know, but Iver read and seen enough to know that Id rather not play manhunt at all.

New Zealands' banning of Manhunt was not culturally motivated, unless there's a Mauri Massacare bonus level or something; unlikely.
tounge.gif

Australia banned GTA3, briefly; hoping nobody would notice. My government quickly came to its senses, and lifted the ban, however.

Back on topic, do people think that playing a game like GTA or Manhunt is a sin, and if so, why?

After reading 1 Corinthians 8, it would depend on how each person felt about it, read it to see what I mean. For me, playing it, would I be sinning, no, because it is a game afterall, about things that, sadly, do happen. Some people will be bothered by the content and be troubled in their consicence by playing, and then that would be sinning, according to the passage i gave. However, I would still not play it, because I know that other people will have a problem with it from around where I from, and in no way do I want to give any encouragement to play the game to people that would otherwise have a problem with it, and its concept is rather lackluster, as very few action-shooter games can pull off a decent single or multiplayer nowadays, except a few developers specializing in such, namely id, valve, and the moh/cod teams.

I haven't played it, but I'm of the opinion that games like this need to stop. People need to get their minds out of the gutter; is it not bad enough that Rockstar released a riot simulator, especially for people who lived during the LA riots (like me.)? If there is a market for violent and perverse games, then Rockstar has found it. Who knows? Perhaps the next GTA will give the player the ability to rape. No, I'm not endorsing it, but I would not put it beyond Rockstar to do this. They allow you to hire prostitutes. Why not allow rape, or plausibly more violent crimes and cursing than may seem possible. Again, I would not put it beyond the people who brought out Manhunt, the first legal smut film/game

Personally i think that Manhunt is a very good game,yes the violence is bad but its very tonque in cheek, im not saying that you have to play the game,but i really think that you shouldnt pass judgement on a game, or anything else for that matter until youve tried it. On another note, RAPE?!?! in GTA:Vice City i can assure you will not happen and anyone who believes rockstar would do this has oviously never played a GTA game, instead probably just heard rumours, Violence is one thing...but Sexual violence i think not.
As for banning things i think that is not the answer, im guessing most of you are Americans, think about this, you want to ban a game but are happy for your neighbour to have Firearms.
P.S i am from England and do not believe that Guns are bad and can tell you that a total ban on guns is a very bad idea...black markets etc,lol.

Excuse me, Hysterical, but I have played GTA. There is sexual violence. What do you call killing prostitutes after they are finished with you? Yeah, that's pretty much sexual violence. And I have played GTA, thank you very much. Heck, they allow people to hit others over the head with dismembered body parts, as in State of Emergency. Why not anything else?

1.What you mentioned was violence after sex, Rape is where violence is used to get sex.
2.State of emergency and GTA are very tonque in cheek, violent yes, but not very serious, As your religious im guessing that you may be more objectionable to these things but as i said before Violence is one thing but rape is barley tolerate in films let alone in games where nobody would stand for it, think about it, using hookers in GTA to get health was funny and it was fairly funny when you could get the money back by killing her(sorta) but rape is not amusing in any sense and i think personally your a very naive person if you think a mainstream games producer, or any for that matter yould include such a thing in their games.

I've played GTA too.

OK, so this is what it sounds like you are saying.  That it's OK to use violence after sex, but it's wrong to use it before sex?  Does it really matter?  The point is that it is sexual violence, and it's wrong.  Bottom line.

No the point im making is that sexual violence is violence used to get sex, violence after sex is not sexual violence,besides i think i made it clear enough and dont need to be undermined.

Excuse me. I am not naive. You have no idea who I am personally, and I would not put it past these immoral people to include more sexual violence in their games. After all, they did include a strip club in GTA: Vice City, and they actually had full nudity in that part of the game on the original PS2 version, but it was changed for the Xbox. The real problem is that the USA has a horribly disgusting obsession with sexuality and immorality. Of course, you would probably say that the UK doesn't have that problem, as it doesn't have a problem with guns. But then, your arguement about guns was unfounded on anything that anyone said, and I personally believe that you, unlike other UKers like Mr. Eon, don't want to have any constructive or arguementative discussion on anything other than what you think is right. The thing is, you come to these forums and attack and contradict me, and then say you won't be undermined.

And sorry, but killing prostitutes after you've had sex with them is not funny, nor is having sex to regain health. It treats sex, which God gave to us as a sacred bond between man and wife, as a trivial amusement which the whole of society should use promisculously. That's wrong, man. Just plain wrong. Yet you think it's funny. Sorry, but how immature and naive is that? It's what someone I know calls ultra-virginity, even if you aren't a virgin. It entails treating sex trivially and without any understanding. These examples are not funny, and are very offensive. These games also objectify women, treating them as property, sex toys, or just hookers waitin' for a beatin'. Get real, and grow up.

Back