Manhunt

No one forces you to kill prostitutes in GTA 3, or to even make service of them. The game leaves that choice up to you.

What you're doing right now, blaming the developers for including this options, is something along the lines of blaming God for giving people the free will to kill their neighbours and the like.

True GTA 3 doesnt pass the most positive of messages, but you have to keep in mind it's a game, a release for the violent tendencies that human's have. I've played a fair share of violent games, with blood, and sorcery, and satanic imagery, and yet I am no more inclined to kill, practice black magic, or sell my soul to the devil than I was before I played these games.

We were given free will for a reason, your life is not supposed to be a crusade to stop the evil of the world, but to get people to turn away from it. Evil will always be there, Satan won't just go away if you stop paying attention to him.

Yeah but what about the kids in Columbine, I was only a few miles away when it happened. Those kids had played Mortal Kombat and other violent games, and your saying it has no influence on people?
People say it's just a game all the time, and I'm tired of it. If you have the choice to do what's right then why do you play those games? The intentions are just the same.

keep in mind, the kids in columbine were also teased, and treated badly, by kids who probably never played video games. And mortal kombat is a fighting game, so if they were really influenced by it then i would assume that they would find someone that they could team up on and beat them up.

The only reason that the media mentioned that the kids played video games is because videogames are the scapegoat of this generation. Same as comicbooks and television were the scapegoats of the generations before us.

Violent videogames can't drive someone to kill unless theyre fairly unstable psychologically to begin with, these kids were teased, humiliated daily, and they had access to lethal firearms, the two had to click sometime, especially with the parents paying no attention to them.

And just because of what happened at columbine, does that mean that videogames should be banned? Does one violent shooting condone the destruction of an entire industry? Should we also ban trenchcoats because the columbine kids were wearing them? Of if they had used knives instead of guns, should we eliminate any kind of sharp utensil from society?

Of course games like this might lead to a columbine, but that's basically punishing an entire industry, simply because a few parents didn't take the time to talk to their kids.

What the heck do you mean The UK doesnt have gun problems, since the ban gun crime has gone up some 300%. And GTA:Vice City did NOT include full nudity in any version, and this shows that you have not played the game, I was also calling your comments on gaming naive, whether you are personally is another matter.
At the end of the day this is a games forum and i think that there shouldn't be any bias towards, So play the games and if you dont agree with them leave them be and let someone else enjoy them. I think ive had enough of these forums as the minority have made this board a venting for there religious problems as a whole, Just remember religion is a way of life and not everyone has to believe what you believe in.(IAMSCOTT - I AM12 more like)

:I believe God is a Sadist, And doesn't even know it:

Hey, Hysterical, why did you have to come to a Christian forum if you're just going to talk smack about God and Christianity?  It's fine to have and state your own opinions, but please don't flame, especially against God, ok?  We're all just stating our opinions.  Nobody is looking for a fight.

People are all affected in different ways.  (Is it "affect" or "effect?"  I always mix them up.)  I think it depends on your maturity as well as what you find appealing about the game.  I just don't find Manhunt or GTA at all appealing.  I think they're distasteful.  But that is just me.  I am not going to critisize anyone else who does like them.  We should listen to what God is telling us is right or wrong.

Hey Hysterical, I'm not trying to gang up up on you or anything and I'm not trying to force my religion on you. I'm sorry if you took it that way. We were just telling each other what we think.

Well, it's a game about this man named James Earl Cash, who's about to be put to death. He's injected, but then wakes up in this warehouse, with the voice of a man known as the Director (voiced by Brian Cox) in his ear. The Director wants to make a lethal snuff film; that is, a film that involves gruesome executions. You, as Cash, must do what the Director says to escape the town that you are in, which is filled with gangs and cops, but no other people. It is mostly a stealth centric game, and involves a variety of weapons, most of which are not conventional, ranging from a plastic bag, to a shard of glass, to a baseball bat, to shotguns. Every time a kill is successfully performed, the camera angle switches to a blurry view of the kill, a la the movie 8 MM. There are three levels of kills, and each level gets more horrible to watch. The first level is the least violent, but still disturbing. The third is the most violent it can possibly get, without getting an Adults Only rating by the ESRB. Manhunt was banned in New Zealand, and was the first game to be banned there.

There was rumor that it would be released with an AO rating, but once again ERSB was "persuaded", lol, IMO, by the developers, since a game with an AO rating would not be bought by most reatail stores, and by even fewere people. Very seldom, if ever, have games been released with that rating.

And most of them have been released for the 3DO!
smile.gif

Okay... I think it's fairly clear that many here are strongly against the game. But, so what? Most of you think that the game is on a deep level immoral, that the designers are immoral and presumably anyone to play the game is immoral.

Generally, when I'm offended by something, I tend to avoid it. You guys think the game sucks; so do you want it banned? Do you want strict classifications and 'consumer-beware' warnings? Or was the point of this thread to deliberately get yourselves worked up about something you're offended by and then attack and judge people who; you don't know, and won't respond.

AO is a rating used only in the extreme of extremes anymore, since most retailer wont sell AO games, and some developers have enough sway over ESRB to keep games, like Manhunt, Postal 2, etc, from getting it. Sad.

No, sadly, BMXXX is only rated M. How can a game not be rated AO, when the whole point is to unlock videos of strippers!?
mad.gif

Back