Mann Vs Machine is coming

Who?
What?
Where?
Why?

...or something like that.

Perhaps a L4D style co-op mode is coming? Whatever happens though you can be sure of one thing... it will involve hats.

Last edited:
Good thing I still have my Capacitor, strange though, when the Kong map was released I could equip the capacitor...

Article Date: August 13th, 2012 11:42 AM

Description:

This is Saxton. Hale! And that legion business in the title was a Bible quote to let you know how serious this all is: Bible serious. So listen up, mercs. Some puny coward's built an army of robots to fight his fights for him. I don't know if robots have human emotions, but if not, they?re doing a Saxxy-worthy impression of them, because they look mad. Also, Reddy tells me they?re heading straight at Mann Co.

More...

I'm officially excited!!! (and 5 man teams sounds interesting)

Thats cool.

I'm really into robots like Terminator and Robocop films.

I might install TF2 because of that.

It seems to be more like Horde mode in Gears of War than L4D. But we shall see. I'll be giving it a go, that's for sure.

Yeah they mentioned the robots dropping money and there being upgrades to buy.

Wonder if the rocket launcher machine gun will be available to players :p

So a 6-player coop mode, eh? Does this mean we'll want to run a second ToJ TF2 server with 6 slots? I guess we'll find out after this Thursday...

I am considering the possibility of passwording the server for a bit after Tuesday and posting the password publicly (on cga and on the toj steam group). I figure the game mode only allows a few players, toj/regulars may want to grind out some items and more players won't be needed or desired.

I am reserving judgement until I actually see the new mode. Knowing Valve bugs will happen.

Last edited:
I'd imagine you just change the mode on your TF2 server and it would give you four teams of six; 24 players total (based on server player slots).

Something like Arena maps.
1 life, endless waves. And when that team dies, next team plays while everyone watches, strategist, etc.

Oops, forgot its up to 5 players. THEN that would be fours teams of 5 and one team of 4; 24 total.

If you can have lots of players in Training mode vs bots, why not in Mann vs Machines mode? ;)

Last edited:
I am considering the possibility of passwording the server for a bit after Tuesday and posting the password publicly (on cga and on the toj steam group). I figure the game mode only allows a few players, toj/regulars may want to grind out some items and more players won't be needed or desired.

I am reserving judgement until I actually see the new mode. Knowing Valve bugs will happen.
A wise course of action.

Side note: Currently, the minimum number of slots on GameServers.com TF2 servers is 10, four too many for coop, if I understand the new mode correctly. We shall see.

This could be a good reason to come off of my over 1 year "sabbatical" from TF2

upgrade_ui.jpg

Demos gun at upgrade station.

Remember when people joked about TF2 turning into a MMORPG when they added random drops to the game?

...Yeh.

Back