Mel Gibson

MaxX

That's right. All that money you spent sobbing over the visceral sensation "Passion of the Christ" is going to help Mr. Gibson spend a few happy summers in paradise.

Hey, God blessed him with the cash, why not spend it?

That's like saying Soloman was too flambouyant with his cash, and God thought very highly of him. Cash does not mean bad. It's how you use it, just like anything else.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vanaze @ Dec. 09 2004,6:08)]Hey, God blessed him with the cash, why not spend it?

That's like saying Soloman was too flambouyant with his cash, and God thought very highly of him. Cash does not mean bad. It's how you use it, just like anything else.
Somehow I think God isn't too happy about spending 15 mil he made from a movie about His death on an island when thousands of children die from hunger everyday.

That's a fair assement, Maxx, but hey, God blessed Mel with that money for a reason. Perhaps we don't understand it or agree with it, but nonetheless, it is true.

If Mel Gibson feels inclined to give away his money, so be it, I'm sure he probably donates to quite a few charities, and from what I understand, he's building a place just to have a church of his own. I see nothing wrong with someone using the blessings God has given them, but that's just me.

Sure, he should sell his island and give the money to the poor. He doesn't really need it. But you have a computer that I doubt you need to live. I have a computer that I know I don't need to live. We should sell those and give the money to the poor also. We should sell our TV's, our cars, our stereos, our Lay-Z-Boy recliners. We should kill our pets, because they consume resources that should be used on the homeless and starving. We should sell all our clothes except the ones we have on, and all buy from thrift stores. Nobody in the U.S. should have children. We should all adopt from underdeveloped or struggling nations that suffer from overpopulation. Who is to say our children are more deserving of life than theirs?

Sure, I took it to the extreme, but it is a rather slippery slope. The point is that whatever you would do with the money, even if it would be producing more good, is still irrelevant because you're not the one who is in possession of the money.

@kraniac, Van: Well said, both of you.
smile.gif

This is no flame to you whatsoever Maxx, I'm just letting you know that God blesses some with greater monetary blessings, just as God blesses some people with more physical or spiritual blessings. Should one be despised more than another by how they use their blessings and gifts? I believe not.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vanaze @ Dec. 10 2004,12:57)]This is no flame to you whatsoever Maxx, I'm just letting you know that God blesses some with greater monetary blessings, just as God blesses some people with more physical or spiritual blessings. Should one be despised more than another by how they use their blessings and gifts? I believe not.
Sorry, but I just have to disagree with everyone completely.

Just because God gave you something (by the way I don't subscribe to the doctrine that all things are "gifts from God", as in God actively and thoughtfully gave you every single event, thought, and object in your life), doesn't mean you can do whatever you please with it.

MaxX, the money you used to buy your computer was a gift from God. Why didint you give that money to the poor?

Hmm, I'm a strong believer in everything happening for a reason. Even the smallest grain of sand bugging your foot in your shoe could make you walk slow enough to avoid being hit by that speeding car........

But you're welcome to your opinion.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xel @ Dec. 10 2004,3:00)]MaxX, the money you used to buy your computer was a gift from God. Why didint you give that money to the poor?
I just said I don't believe everything is a "gift from God". I've done a lot at this point in life for lesser priviledged people.

I do believe God blesses people with things, however

THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN BE SELFISH

Read Luke 10:17-31

I am not claiming to be the best giver though. I have a lot of money. However, i've been working on being more loving lately.

Pray me and my family may be more loving, PLEASE!

Thank you

Last time I checked, titheing was only 10%. Unless you know exactly how much Gibson makes, how much he tithes, how much he gives to charity, then your assuming too much Maxx.

Let me ask you this Maxx. If someone died and left you 2 milliion dollars what would you do with it?

Cory

Back