Mel Gibson

I am not perfect, but I Know what the Bible says.

READ Mark 10:17-31

Also, as for paying 10% of your income, READ Luke 19:1-10

Again, as i said in an earlier post, i have a lot of money, but i've been tryng to be more loving, and get my family to be more loving,

Pray for us, Please

I'm done with this thread. For some reason daring to have common sense means you have to answer a dozen attacks asking you what you would do/did with your money.

Carry on.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm done with this thread. For some reason daring to have common sense means you have to answer a dozen attacks asking you what you would do/did with your money.

Carry on.

Come on Maxx, your being unfair. Your laying judgement on Mel Gibson for purchasing an island with money he earned. All I was asking is if you were rich, what would you do with it? I think its a fair question in light of the accusations your making. I didn't mean to upset you Maxx, I just don't see eye to eye with you on this.

Cory

in all honesty if i was given 2 million right now i may give 50-100k to churches, i would invest a good 500k, and 1mil into a bank account with interest. the over 400k would go directly to missionaries, sponsoring people at Bible college, and some would end up here with ToJ.

To say what Mel does with his money is wrong, is kinda hypocritcial of us. Yes there are many who from the out side see otherways for this money to be spent better to further the kingdom. i agree, but it is between him and God. To whom much is given much is required. for all we know he may end up using the island as a get-a-way to evangelize his hollywood friends, and peers. Mel may use it maybe to found an orphanage. there are many things he may do, who knows maybe a weekend away from the hospital for terminal children, on a resort island that can take care of them and their families for a weekend.

It is a little early right now to be muzzling the Ox.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vanaze @ Dec. 09 2004,6:08)]Hey, God blessed him with the cash, why not spend it?  

That's like saying Soloman was too flambouyant with his cash, and God thought very highly of him.  Cash does not mean bad.  It's how you use it, just like anything else.
Gibson already had hundreds upon hundreds of millions of dollars, I feel he should have used it on other things.
But, I don't think he made the Passion out of the care of his heart, anyway ( I dont' like the movie, either. ), so it's not a big surprise to me that he did it.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Who is it a gift from, then?
If I worked for ten hours straight one day, and made fifty dollars, that money wouldn't be a gift from God, because gifts are free, you don't do anything to get gifts, that's why they're GIFTS.

Hey MaxX, you say it's not right for you to have to answer questions about what YOU would do with the same money, or heck, even with what money you have now....

So I say, "He who is without sin, cast the first stone." I'll let that speak for itself.

You do not have to agree with anyone, but it is also pointless and fruitless to disagree just for the sake of disagreeing with everyone else. Be rational.

Hm...I don't recall ever disagreeing with everyone else for the sake of disagreement...

All I have to say is, I never made a movie about something very sacred and then splurged the profits on an island.

Have fun with your holier-than-thou cavilling.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jango @ Dec. 13 2004,12:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Who is it a gift from, then?
If I worked for ten hours straight one day, and made fifty dollars, that money wouldn't be a gift from God, because gifts are free, you don't do anything to get gifts, that's why they're GIFTS.
Okay so how did you get the job? Did you just stumble upon it? Did it come calling? Perhaps the job was a gift from God.

So by that reasoning then, Jesus wasn't a gift from God? He WAS free, wasn't He? Besides, gifts ARE free!

Do you see what I mean yet?
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SirThom @ Dec. 13 2004,2:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jango @ Dec. 13 2004,12:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Who is it a gift from, then?
Okay so how did you get the job?  Did you just stumble upon it? Did it come calling? Perhaps the job was a gift from God.

So by that reasoning then, Jesus wasn't a gift from God?  He WAS free, wasn't He?  Besides, gifts ARE free!

Do you see what I mean yet?  
biggrin.gif
If you worked your butt off to get the job, then would it be a gift from God?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jango @ Dec. 13 2004,4:39)]If you worked your butt off to get the job, then would it be a gift from God?
And who gave you the butt in the first place? *g*

Sorry, couldn't help it. We certainly need a bit of levity in this thread. Oh, and now I'm going to undo my efforts to relieve tensions, but here goes:

If people don't start chilling out, I'm locking the thread. I can respect the different viewpoints offered here, but you all need to respect one another in presenting them (NOT going to name names). If you can't, well, then you're breakin' the rules and you get your warning level raised. Plain as that.

<Comic relief enters here>

WE CAN DANCE IF WE WANT TO, WE CAN LEAVE YOUR FRIENDS BEHIND.

CAUSE YOUR FRIENDS DON'T DANCE AND IF THEY DON'T DANCE

....THEN THEY'RE NO FRIENDS OF MINE.

Yeah, I'm done now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tek7 @ Dec. 13 2004,9:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jango @ Dec. 13 2004,4:39)]If you worked your butt off to get the job, then would it be a gift from God?
And who gave you the butt in the first place? *g*
G.G.

I'm also a bit young and below everyone else in terms of Bible and such, but I'm a proud christian and I believe God created us with reasons. If he decided to give Mel Gibson some cash, whether he decided to use it for his own or not, and i think God did it for a reason. This part i agree.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hm...I don't recall ever disagreeing with everyone else for the sake of disagreement...

All I have to say is, I never made a movie about something very sacred and then splurged the profits on an island.

Have fun with your holier-than-thou cavilling.
Steady on there, i agree with the spendings on isle, but I think he deserves at least a bit of what he made from putting all the efforts of production and all such.

I think we should start chilling like Tek7 told us to, I know I'm gonna
biggrin.gif
before Tek7 starts calling on CGA-Informed Bears to chase us :eek:.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tek7 @ Dec. 13 2004,7:00)]If people don't start chilling out, I'm locking the thread.
Whoa whoa...I'm wasn't being that bad, was I?
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Alright...I'm cool, I'm done. I still sit with my original reasoning, he hasn't convinced me.
tounge.gif

Back