Morrowind

ByblosHex

Do any of you play it?

Do any of you like it?

Do any of you as christians find it innapropriate?

I personaly, Play it on a daily basis (and have been long before i was saved lol), As a Christian I dont see how giving the player freedom is a no no, and

I am making a MOD for morrowind which will add to the Morrowind game a City from another game. Now in this other game in this city there is a brothel and I was planning on including it in my Mod, but a bunch of Not Christian people who love nothing more to argue say that by adding a Brothel to something I made is saying that I support prostitution! How do you guys feel about this?

And my Brothel is completely unfunctionable (as in no buyable "girls") and they are wearing slightly skimpy dresses, Nothing even close to what 12 year olds wear in America on a daily basis.

Your God Based thoughts matter to me, So please respond. Thanx

I don't see a problem, its just a game.
I played duke nukem and it had girls in skimpy outfits and its not a big deal.
Yeah now a days kids wear alot of adult clothing. So if its not as bad it should be fine.

it's an iffy situation there.

first off, I'm assuming the setting does support the concept of a brothel in that location.

think of it this way, it's in the original item, which you're modding from, as well, brothel's exist. As a Christian we cannot deny their existance, any more than we can deny the existance of the Wal-Mart down the street.

Yet at the same time, by including it, you are in essence supporting it, because you are advertising the concept to fellow gamers.

It's a fine line that you walk, and one you, as the modder, need to figure our for yourself.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mechboy @ Aug. 11 2004,2:54)]I don't see a problem, its just a game.
I played duke nukem and it had girls in skimpy outfits and its not a big deal.
Yeah now a days kids wear alot of adult clothing. So if its not as bad it should be fine.
This is unfortunately the philosophy the church has taken up today. Everyone thinks that what the rest of the world is doing is worse than what we are, so that makes everything we're doing okay, even though we really shouldn't be.

I don't think the rest of the world is worst. I think we in the west are worst than the rest of the world.

He's not advertising the brothel. Just like if their swords in the game he's not advertising violence. The brothel is already in the map.

ok About the church, They do not know Jesus therefor their minds work nothing like ours at all. The Catholic church is based on doctrine by a man named Nimrod who hated God, Killed men and convinced his followers that he was god, also he is the founder of Babylon. So knowing this you could understand that the Catholics have no sense at all..

Back to the game, Morrowind and the Game i am duplicating are both in a Medieval setting and both games do have a brothel... In the game I am replicateing hoever the brothel is functional and if you pay 50 gold it gives you a little rendered sex scene, But since the player has full freedom over if that would happen or not I dont hold it against the game.
In my Mod I will probobly make a quest where you can rescue the prostitutes from the evil brothel and they can be like, Maids for someone or something. Yeah thats what Ill do!

The catholic church is the coolest church. U could say the true church since it was started by a few disciples.

Was Nimrod in Genises. And whats wrong with Babylon.

I have it, play it, and like it. It does have some appropriateness issues, but not enough to keep me from playing it. It's a personal issue. I would recommend reading the reviews by CCGR.

don't cal her sloozy, if I had a pic of Nicole Kidman u wouldn't think the same thing.
Isn't very moral? What makes it not moral, I'm curious.

Most actresses are beyong sloozey I think..
Her outfit is seductive, and sexy. Therefor may trigger sinful thoughts, Which is very bad
sad.gif

I dont want you to dislike me, but some people, even Christians can get sinful thoughts triggered by a simple little image like that, especially after looking at it on a daily basis.

Btw I think Shania Twain is a Zloozey, just look up pictures of her on Google! BLUCK!!!

its pretty hard to offend be, u'll have to say something bad about my mom and try to kill my family before I can get mad at u.
Its cool.:)

The whole conversation borders on hilarity, but I'm definately saving this gem for later use:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]ok About the church, They do not know Jesus therefor their minds work nothing like ours at all. The Catholic church is based on doctrine by a man named Nimrod who hated God, Killed men and convinced his followers that he was god, also he is the founder of Babylon. So knowing this you could understand that the Catholics have no sense at all..

Thank you for the comic relief.

Obviously, you could throw in a dozen brothels without it changing your personal opinion of their morality. Of course, the Bible says that if your friend is going to think less of your faith because of what you do, then you shouldn't do it. But if you can make sure that your friend won't frown of this, or that he had zero percent probability of converting anyway, go for it!

Back