Neverwinter approaches! Get your D&D on!

ewoksrule

Game Site
Game FAQ

Neverwinter is a free, action MMORPG based on the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy roleplaying game. It is using the 4th edition rule-set.

It is being produced by Cryptic Studios and Perfect World.

The game is looking beautiful with immersible graphics and a visceral action style hack and slash combat and it is totally FREE!!

Many of us from CGA/TOJ are hyped for this game. We had 17 in mumble last night just chatting about it. For those interested you should come join in the conversation.

I am not going to be running an official TOJ chapter for Neverwinter but playing it along side SOLA. I have included our SOLA recruitment post for those who might be interested in another gaming group along side CGA/TOJ.

--------------------------------

SOLA Guild - http://solaguild.com/

SOLA is a group of Christian gamers who seek to develop a community of Acceptance and Encouragement!

SOLA was formed back in June 2012 by TOJ members who were looking forward to the launch of Guild Wars 2 and have been very successful in that time. We have an overall membership of over 200 people that have played Guild Wars 2 with us at one time or another.

Due to the excitement surrounding Neverwinter and the demand of our membership we have formed the SOLA Neverwinter branch.

Our Goal is to be known as friendly and helpful members of all games we play including Neverwinter.

While SOLA was founded by Christians and we look to the Bible for our authority, it is NOT Required for Membership. All we expect of our membership is to be respectful, and to act in an honorable manner. If we can even reach 1 person with the gospel though our in-guild community it will be a success.

We have people from every spectrum of gamers, young and old, hardcore and casual, PvEers, and PvPers. We will strive to be active in all areas of Neverwinter and we will work to accomplish everything Neverwinter has to offer, and then when we run out of content made by cryptic we will make our own content

The only requirement for membership is to read our code of conduct and to fill out an application with a bit of information about you. If you have any questions, comments or ever want to meet us or join us, come on over to our forums.

We have forums, and a voice chat system that we have used for some time.

May He Bless us All as we tell our Story for HIS Glory!

[video=youtube_share;OPOHvNe7z3Q]http://youtu.be/OPOHvNe7z3Q[/video]

Last edited:
I think this is cool, but it's 4e... so I have my reservations.

Although I think 4e was made for MMORPGs, so it might work just great.

While not as experienced with the different rule sets, I'd have less reservation about it being 4E than it being a free-to-play online game. :p

Will still inevitably play it in any case.

Really wanna play some real D&D, though.

While not as experienced with the different rule sets, I'd have less reservation about it being 4E than it being a free-to-play online game. :p

Will still inevitably play it in any case.

Really wanna play some real D&D, though.

Being in 4e does cause me to have some reservations. However, I wouldn't play anything past 2.5e so I am not familiar with the mechanics anymore. (From some conversations I've had recently I think our GM boffed 3e quite badly too.)

And yes, I want to play REAL AD&D very badly. One of the gaming stores in town (the only one left) does an original AD&D game on Tuesday nights. I hope to jump in one of these days.

Actually, I'm playing Fate Core (or at least starting to play Fate Core) and wondering if I should try set up a play-by-post around here somewhere.

Reading through all the comments with these 4e, 5e, 2.5e etc. comments (e means edition I guess?), I had to remind myself that I am on a gaming forum.

Anyway, a friend of mine told me about this and he was pretty stoked about it until he learned that there is some "pay to win" witchcraft going on with the game. Can anyone elaborate on that?

Where did you get that info? I talked to people from the last beta and there was no information on the cash shop items at this point. The only thing in there is cosmetic items. If you look at their other games STO and CO, they are using a very similar system, there is no "pay to win" in those games. I think you can be fairly confident there will be zero PTW in neverwinter. That was never Cryptics MO previously and this seems to be along the same lines.

Last edited:
Reading through all the comments with these 4e, 5e, 2.5e etc. comments (e means edition I guess?), I had to remind myself that I am on a gaming forum.

Anyway, a friend of mine told me about this and he was pretty stoked about it until he learned that there is some "pay to win" witchcraft going on with the game. Can anyone elaborate on that?

Gaming talk on a gaming forum! The horror!!

Hmm. Is it 2.5.5 or 2.75? I think I saw Pathfinder referred to as 3.75 somewhere the other day.

In other matters, I downloaded the PDFs for 4e quickstart since they were free. Now to find some sucke...folks to play with. ^_^

Oh. And I still need to pick up the ol' NWN as well as NWN2. Loved what I played in the past, but I still haven't gotten around to buying it for myself.

Still time to get a free beta key! Chances are looking good as most of our interested players already have one.

Is that SOLA the same as the Saints of Lion's Arch GW2 group? Signed up for a forum account since I'm part of that GW2 group. Couldn't figure out how to reply to the giveaway, though. Oh well. I'm not dying of need to play it just yet. :p

Back