New Location, New Job

Kendrik

Staff member
So! I've been afk a while now, and a lot has happened in that time.

I've switched my academic program to a degree better suited for academic instruction (compared to the one I was in that was better suited for pulpit preaching), though I'm still at Calvin Seminary and doing distance learning. I know beyond doubt that I want to teach theology of worship, and this is going to be best way for me to work toward that right now. Praise God for figuring out passions, callings, and how they can work together!

A week ago today, I moved back to Portland. I mentioned before a growing relationship, and it was time for me to move back to her to continue growing it. We know marriage is where we're headed, and that's super exciting, so physically being here is going to help us get to marriage. This relationship is something that only God could have actually gotten started, and it's awesome that He's made it possible for us to actually be together and build our relationship as we pursue marriage and a life of service to Him.

I'm currently renting a room with friends, but they don't do long-term stays, so I am looking for a longer-term room/apartment until getting married and finding a place suited to the both of us. Prayers for that would be great!

And, in the week I've been here, I've already gotten a job! Not exactly a fancy job or anything, but stable (at least in pay, though not so much schedule consistency) with great benefits. Another praise!

I'm already plugged in with my love's church and, as of last night, got put on the worship team. Currently playing bass, but we'll see where that goes. Whatever the case, it feels great to be on a worship team again. Been far too long!

So! Lots of awesome stuff! And lots to be praising God for! Wanted to post an update for all y'all! Take care!

Wow Kendrik ......thanks for taking the time to remember to sing your praises as well as asking for prayers. One bit of advice would be, try to make sure you keep yourself out of debt as much as possible. Having a hand on this early on, makes things so much simpler later in life.

Blessings and Hugs, "Angel"

Seeing answered prayers that ya never thought to ask for is even better!!!!

Thanks for all the prayers, everyone! I went in for orientation today and actually start work tomorrow. Found out that I'm working at least the next three days, in fact. Hooray! Starting school this week, too, so learning to do the two well (along with church and special lady) is going to be a definite exercise in discipline and balance for me. Excited about it all, though!

And my friends that I'm staying with are not going to be in a hurry to kick me out (they will continue to charge rent, of course, but I'm still glad for it). This is nice. I'm excited to get a place of my own, but it's a little less pressure to find an apartment to rent in the next week as I begin work and school. So glad to have good friends.

Back