New toj website

Plankeye

The website is going to be converted later this eveving so some pages may not work. I will try to have it complete by 11-11:30 PM EST. I will have some more information for everyone after the new site goes live. So watch the forums and the new site for instructions.

Ok, that was painful.  I only had to restart FTP services on the server 5 times before all the files were transferred.
mad.gif
I didn't test every page so if anyone notices a page not working properly, drop me an email or post in this message.  I will be working all this week at finishing up the pages as there is still a lot to do.

Hey Rizz,

The old files are still there so if you have www.toj.cc/index.php bookmarked, you will get the old site. I will be changing all the old pages to have redirect links to their new pages as soon as I get a chance.

Also, I noticed you have an avatar in the files subfolder. Do you mind if I move it to the /images/avatar/ folder?

rgr i will move it.

Urgh i have a load of files in there.. i will trash the ones we dont need but theres things like my CS map/toj wallpapers in there too.

Argh nothing works !!!!!

I need to get at the viewapplicants page and all that kinda stuff.. are you just puttin everything in place of the old files so the links stay the same?

Also whats up with the FAQ page..

I have to take a look at the FAQ page as it is not properly closing out all the html tags. As of the Files, log into the new site and then navigate to the files page. You should have the ability to add files and categories. You can also use it to password protect files. I created a Wallpapers category for you to upload the files. It is form based so make sure to use the website to upload files not ftp. I stuck Elite's map packs in the following file category:

http://www.toj.cc/files/index.cfm?intFolderID=16

You can put your map in there or create an Editor Guilds category. As of member requests. Any new requests are on hold. I am almost finished with the new membership system that will put all the entries into the new site.

Ok i logged in but theres nothing to create any file groups or upload any files.
Also no way to edit my member details.
No way to edit/remove any news posts.

Love the calendar and integrated news thing tho. And the integrated member approval thing.. w00t

Bah half the problem is my page isnt refreshing properly. I uploaded my wallpapers now
smile.gif

not yet i dont think. it looks as thought theres still a lot of kinks to be worked out

Ok i thought i would make a list of bugs i have found just to help plank along...

FAQ not right.. i said that already
staff listing page not there.
chapters page not there
hl chapter page relies on previous graphics and layout.
sc chapter page ditto
ut chapter page isnt complete
wc3 chapter page isnt complete

thats all the major bugs i can see so far. Please other people post if u find any and help plankeye to get the thing ship-shape as soon as possible.

Cool, I am glad to see the file uploading works. The membership pages are my primary goal this week. If I can get to it, I'll also try to get the staff page going. Thanks for the list. Please post here if you find anything else.

Should i be on the roster.. seeing as i can already log into the page..

Also i see there is an applicant waiting for aaproval should i start letting people in or hold them?

o0o0o i found a real bug..

On the bottom navbar the roster link doesnt work. Its says /member/ not /members/ in the link.

Doh, you think I would have just cut and pasted the working links into the bottom section... But I guess you can't expect much from a monkey. I'll fix that and the missing chapters page when I get home from work. As far as approving membership requests and the roster, those are the pages I need to complete over the next couple of days.

Rizz,
Did you look at the approve membership request page (although it doesn't update yet)? Is it enough information to make an informed decision about someone or do you need some more info. Don't forget, to even get the Join form, that have to agree to the charter, so that is assumed.

Yeh the approve page is far far superior to the old one. Shows me exactly what i need to see and the email link is sweet so i can welcome them accordingly.

Is there a reason why thre is noone in the chatroom when u login using the plugin but there are people in irc?

Back