New UT2004 Server

In progress still. I did not have a chance to play around with it this last weekend. Unfortionatly, I have a lot of family coming this weekend and I am not sure if I will get much of chance to work on it. I'll know more on sunday after they start leaving.

Quick update. Although the patch has been released, early reports in several admin forums state that there are some bugs with the linux build when it switches maps causing 100% server utilization. I am going to wait for a fix before I play around with it more.

Ok, there is a fix for the linux server. I'll be playing around with it over the next couple of days to see if it keeps the server stable. Cross your fingers.
biggrin.gif

we made it go boom.

also, what's the potentiality for admin capabilities on this server? While playing, we had some fun with cursing an innapropriate names...

Hey Plankeye I played on it by myself and it locked up when it changed to Crossfire. It reset and Torlan was running and then it changed to Artic Stronghold and when it changed to Crossfire it locked up again. I believe you need to re-install the Crossfire map and make sure the Static meshes and Textures and music files are all in their proper place. I believe that is what is wrong with it. You may need to download a new Crossfire map from somewhere else just in case yours may not have all the proper files in it.
The server plays great with just me in it . Awesome Dial up ping 140 at the time. Thanks man.CS

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Let me know when its up so i can reinstall UT2k4 .. again.. This time i removed it cos there was problems with jerking.. Not lag but if i was pressing forward sometimes the mouse would freeze until i let go of forward.. not great when u have to run and kill..

I took out crossfire for the time being until I can figure out why that one is not working.

For the admin ability, there is something similar to admin_mod in half life plus a web based server administrator that I configured. I will be setting a couple of people up with access shortly.

Oh yeah, I bumped up the player count to 16 to.

I am also looking at configuring the map cycle to switch between game types so maybe it will play some Onslaught maps, then switch to assault then to something else. So recommendations on maplists are welcome.

How about a few bots in the game. I don't like bots personally but if no one is playing online at the time at least there would be some kind of game play.
How about a deathmatch, assault and onslaught rotation.
Rizz update your video drivers and direct X. Put your settings on low and turn off taunts , sound etc... and try it then. What OS are you running and how much mem.

I love this server Plankeye. I really had a great ping. 8 players and I still had a great ping for dial up. I was first on our team 3 times. Woot. THe server was flawless., Thanks again.

Sorry, no bots. Bots eat lots of CPU. We have 4 servers running on this box right now and I want to make sure all of them are performing as best they can.

Don't worry, I think we can fill the UT server up just as much as some of the other servers we run.

biggrin.gif

Forgot to add that I am building a list of admins. I should have this hammered out by the end of this weekend and I will post it here.

Parakletos, yet another UT2004 name I don't recognize.
smile.gif

Plank, hope to check the server later this week, but it sounds like everyone else has been doing a good job of hammering it already. Hopefully all the bugs will be gone by the time I get there. ;)

Back