Ninja Gaiden

Well, I tried to submit it and had some problems. I'm just going to email it to you if it's alright. I've also got a few screenshots I'll send with it. Take your pick out of them for the header picture, or you might be able to find a better one.

I uploaded it here is the url http://www.ccgr.org/article_read.asp?id=466

Are you a member on CCGR? I linked the review to tolkien but it doesn't seem like it's a valid memeber and it leads people to CGA. If you sign up on CCGR when people click on your name as the author they can pull up your profile.

Well, I used to be Criostoir on CCGR, but that was way back on the old forums and I don't think I registered again after you set up the new portal.

I went ahead and just registered under the name Tolkien.  You can link the Ninja Gaiden review to me now, and while you're at it, can you relink the Halo (xbox) and Prisoner of War (xbox) reviews back to me again?

Thanks!
biggrin.gif

The Ninja Gaiden auomatically linked itself, the other two are tied to you now as well. Thanks!

Cool, does that mean that I get my name in the Staff section too?
laugh.gif

If I can get some time, I'll have to see if I can write up a couple more Xbox reviews. (being busy with school and work leaves little free time unfortunatley though.)

What exactly makes a person "staff," just writing reviews or something? Ive seen a few mentions of it, but was never sure, lol.

Actually, I thought it was an outstanding and honest review. Sure, it doesn't go into alot of detail, but that's fine. If it didn't have the female character that it does, then I would probabally get it when it came down in price. I'm just not going to buy a game with that kind of stuff though. It's pathetic that developers put this kind of stuff into good games.

I honestly began writing it as my own thoughts on the game rather than a review, but it kind of turned into a sort of review.

I don't know what the content is like beyond Chapter 5 since that was the point I stopped playing, but a friend of mine who has beaten it now let me know that Rachel is in the game more frequently near the end, and the pagan content gets a lot worse near the end. It's probably best that I stopped playing when I did.

When I was playing it, I was telling myself, "I don't believe in this stuff and I'm not really paying too much attention to the story, so it's not a big deal." The problem is that the more we are exposed to stuff like that, the more desensitized we become to things. It's almost like climbing stairs. Each time you expose yourself to something, it gets easier and easier to tolerate until you aren't bothered by it anymore.

I honestly don't know why I just typed all that stuff really either. (It's late and I'm not thinking clearly)

Well, maybe it'll help someone.
biggrin.gif

Hmm... I'm towards the end of chapter 6 right now. I really haven't had much of a problem with anything. But that's just me. I think Rachel is ugly anyway, and you can skip the cutscenes. The whole religious aspect is not necessary, but I just ignore it. Well anyway, I plan to play it to the end and see for myself.

Tolkien you're on the staff page. I consider people staff when they write 2 or more reviews. Unless they want to offer other things to the site like news items etc.

It's a big hit game right now, and it is probably one of the best action/adventure games ever.  Unfortunately as I mentioned though, some of the negative content made me realize that I shouldn't be playing it.

In the back of my mind I've got the perfect verse explaining why we should be careful about the stuff we watch and play...but I can't think of it.

One thing that comes to mind is a verse from my bible study the other night.  The context of this passage is specifically talking about accumulating wealth, but I think the verse could also be applicable in this instance.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!  Matthew 6:22, 23

Of course the review is written as my opinion based upon what God has shown me. The only person I can be responsible for is myself.

It's already over 4000 since I wrote the message. It's 10 PM PST and there are 53 guests on, mostly looking at the review. But I wonder if something strange is up. I've waited a little bit and it's now up to 64. Wait...now 70. It gains 1 about every 5 seconds. Now up to 81. And the thing is, they have on-line times of 0 minutes. Just about anyone else with any significant amount of time is browsing another article.

Hmm... That is odd... Could it be aliens?

(Kidding, of course.)

It is one of the biggest games of this year. Getting a lot of hits would make sense, but that 0 minutes online thing is wierd.

And did anyone see what vash-style posted on the review? Maybe some people got mad and are trying to use your bandwith? Just a guess. I think it's just plain stupid when people come to CCGR and bash Christianity.
mad.gif

Your review is aweful and completely pathetic. You cant praise a game so much then drop it to the worst grade possible because of some skantly clad woman.

Even worse if your lack of standard for all reviews. DOA3 is far worse IMHO yet it gets a much better rating.

I understand there different reviewers but still some continuity between scores wouldve been nice.

There has been many heated discussions at Teamxbox on your right to judge the game so harshly and the term pagan for a religion that isnt christian.

- Mr.Spam  (Teamxbox)

Mainly; http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?threadid=250450

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?threadid=250610

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?threadid=250449

There are enough lamers out with no lives that I wouldn't be surprised if someone is attempting a DOS attack.

What many of them don't understand is that the review was written by a christian FOR christians.

I don't expect anyone else to get anything out of it.

I said that it was going to be controversial though, didn't I?
cool.gif

I also find it humorous that the assumption is being made that I'm a "kid". (although sometimes my wife might agree with that -- I am a 28 year old gamer after all).

Sorry they are bashing you Tolkien, if they weren't laughing that would mean our site is too lukewarm. I think we are offending them more with the 50% than they are offending us. Just some fanboys upset that their game got a low score.

i think its sad review just because of the blood
and the so called naked woman
i mean im christian but this is little over the top guys
look around u and u will see the world is changing
so we got to change with it

Back