On what do you base your Christianity?

How do you become a Christian?

• Just be a good person.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You must belong to a certain religion.

• You have to read your Bible and pray every day.

• You must go to church.

• Only those who do not break the 10 Commandments are Christians.

• Everyone is born a Christian.

• Total voters
I mean that Jesus is the Son of God and He died for our sins.

And here's my definition of a true Christian:

Accepts that their a sinner
Accepts Jesus as their Savior
Accepts the Bible as truth

And why is that so hard? Must we have "works?"

According to the Bible, faith without works is dead. So yeah, according to the Bible, you must have works.

Let's examine your definition of a "True" Christian...

According to your definition, EVERYONE that claims to be a Christian is a TRUE Christian. Mormons, Catholics, Protestants, you pretty much included them all.

Are you sure about that definition?

There are many Christians here that would disagree with you, and in fact, already have in several different threads.

Dark Virtue said:
According to the Bible, faith without works is dead. So yeah, according to the Bible, you must have works.

Works are not needed for salvation or being a true Christian DV. You are taking that verse out of context. When you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as your savior, you are a Christian. The verse in context is saying that if you are a Christian you will work for God out of love for Him. The works are not needed for salvation they are a result of it.

Dark Virtue said:
According to your definition, EVERYONE that claims to be a Christian is a TRUE Christian. Mormons, Catholics, Protestants, you pretty much included them all.

Not true at all. Claiming to accept something and actually doing it are two different things. We do not know the hearts of men, but God does. He knows who has really accepted His Son as savior.

Dark Virtue said:
There are many Christians here that would disagree with you, and in fact, already have in several different threads.

Actually DV, so far the voting is 100% (I seem to remember Gandhi and silent worship both as not being Christians. Am I wrong?) agreement among the Christians on this board. Some have not voted yet but it looks pretty unanimous so far:) Many of the disagreements that you speak of were just saying the same thing in a different way, and in different levels of detail.

Didasko said:
Works are not needed for salvation or being a true Christian DV. You are taking that verse out of context. When you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as your savior, you are a Christian. The verse in context is saying that if you are a Christian you will work for God out of love for Him. The works are not needed for salvation they are a result of it.

Please note that I am merely pointing out the opinions of OTHER Christians, not opinions of my own.

Not true at all. Claiming to accept something and actually doing it are two different things. We do not know the hearts of men, but God does. He knows who has really accepted His Son as savior.

Now who is the pessimist? You sound like you are stating that the majority of Christians that claim they have accepted Christ as savior don't really feel that way. Is this true?

Actually DV, so far the voting is 100% (I seem to remember Gandhi and silent worship both as not being Christians. Am I wrong?) agreement among the Christians on this board. Some have not voted yet but it looks pretty unanimous so far:) Many of the disagreements that you speak of were just saying the same thing in a different way, and in different levels of detail.

As I have stated before, this poll isn't indicative of Christianity in general. Come on now, there are only 22 votes cast! Or are there only 22 TRUE Christians in the world? :)

Where are the Catholics, Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses?

Dark Virtue said:
Now who is the pessimist? You sound like you are stating that the majority of Christians that claim they have accepted Christ as savior don't really feel that way. Is this true?

huh? Feelings are not what we are talking about here.

Dark Virtue said:
As I have stated before, this poll isn't indicative of Christianity in general. Come on now, there are only 22 votes cast! Or are there only 22 TRUE Christians in the world? :)

Read your own post DV. My response was to your claim that many Christians on this board disagree. It was not a claim for all Christians. And I acknowledged that not all on this board have voted.

Didasko said:
huh? Feelings are not what we are talking about here.

You're splitting hairs.

Read your own post DV. My response was to your claim that many Christians on this board disagree. It was not a claim for all Christians. And I acknowledged that not all on this board have voted.

Read Post #2 in this thread.

Dark Virtue said:
You're splitting hairs.

Actually I was not splitting hairs. I read your post wrong the first time. The way I read it the first time was way out there:) My mistake.

Now that I understand what you were saying maybe my response will make more sense.

I was not being pessimistic at all. I was trying to point out that Chickensoups post did not in any way imply or mean that anyone who claims to be a Christian is one.

Dark Virtue said:
Read Post #2 in this thread.

I would have quoted post number two if that were the one I was responding to. The one I quoted was in reference to this board.

Dark Virtue said:
I think post #2 shows quite clearly I was referring to Christianity in general and not just those on this board.

Yes post 2 does but the post I responded to was not post 2. The one I responded to specifically referred to this board. I'll respond to post 2 after dinner:)

DUDE! There's only 23 votes because WE AREN'T INTERVIEWING THE WHOLE WORLD! Until a few days ago, I hadn't even found out about this particular section of forum. Sheesh...

Back