One size fits all! NOT!

What is hell? *note the exact words*

• A place where all people who don't do good in their lives burn.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A place where all non-believers in Christ go to hell in burn.

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Other: Explain what you think. ***Those are the only 2 main beliefs up there

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
This was in my email this morning. It addresses the sword that will proceed from His mouth.

With this daily installment of "Days of Praise" for April 4, 2005 we pray that your day will indeed be a day of praise!

April 4 - The Sword

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword" (Matthew 10:34).

The Christian life is a life of war, and the Christian soldier must be a skilled swordsman if he is to survive and win. In our text, Jesus taught that a peaceful life would not be the Christian's lot, but a life of swordsmanship instead.

The first "sword" mentioned in the Old Testament was not a sword of metal, but a "flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life" (Genesis 3:24). Likewise, the final sword mentioned in the New Testament is "the sword of Him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of His mouth" (Revelation 19:21). This is the fiery sword with which the coming "man of sin"
(II Thessalonians 2:3) will be defeated "whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of His mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of His coming" (v.8). "He shall smite the earth with the rod of His mouth, and with the breath of His lips shall He slay the wicked" (Isaiah 11:4).

The mighty "word of the Lord" by which "were the heavens made" (Psalm 33:6) is still a flaming sword, turning every way, for "out of His mouth went a sharp twoedged sword" (Revelation 1:16) as John saw Him in His present glory.

Furthermore, we can wield this same sword by His Spirit, for "the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword . . . a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12).

The Christian armor, as outlined in Ephesians 6:13-17, is all defensive armor with the one exception of the prayerful use of "the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God" (v.17). In this wonderful text, the spoken "word of God" is in view-the sword applied, on either edge, turning every way, probing exactly when and where needed in each encounter of every battle of the Christian warfare. HMM

Wow guys stop this now! Hell is a real place and people are going there now ask yourself......what am i going to do about that? Get out of your arguments about the Bible and what it means. In the time that it take for u guys to come up with these posts you could be talking to an unsaved friend. Wow act like a bunch of children and this is coming from a 14 year old!? Im sick and tired of all this bickering among the church and you know what? Its not going to stop and i realize this but the CHURCH is the BODY of Christ! If your right foot wants to go right and your left foot wants to go left where are u going to go?? you're gonna fall down! This debate is not going to amount to anything. People are dieing every day and people are going to hell and your debating on how it feels like down there? Seriously plz from the bottom of my heart get a reality check. This post comes from the bottom of my heart and i dont care if u dont believe what i say but all i can say is this I WILL WALK THE WALK AND I WILL TALK THE TALK TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE who has no realization of how powerful, how real the holy spirit is, how amazing Jesuses grace was, and how amazingly God turned my life around. Once again this come form my heart not from my mind.

all we know SA is its a lake of fire that will continually torment all those who have shunned God, and it does not end, it is a complete seperation from God which man has never experienced.

ConspiredSeed said:
In the time that it take for u guys to come up with these posts you could be talking to an unsaved friend. Wow act like a bunch of children and this is coming from a 14 year old!?

ConspiredSeed many of the people that read this sight and participate here are not Christians. By reading here they are learning.

Also, it really doesn't take long to type up a little response here. These discussions we have on this forum often clear up some really scary stuff that is being beleived or contiplated. Such as 'hell not being as bad as we thought'.

ConspiredSeed how effective do you think a Christian who believes that statement (hell is not as bad as we thought) will be at witnessing?

Do you play video games ConspiredSeed? I would tend to think that having meaningful discussions with other Christians would be a better use of time than video games...

I am not trying to say that video games are bad or that you should quit playing them, I play video games myself. The point I am trying to make is that, there is nothing wrong with participating in discussions here.

I am glad to see a 14 year old with a desire to help the unsaved :)

In your defense, I agree with your statement about the church bickering to much. However, there is a difference between bickering and discussing. Imagine if nobody ever discussed the meaning of the Bible. Now that would be scary!

CS, there's more aspects to the Christian walk than just evangelism. In fact, increasing your understanding of Scripture is one of the most important things you can do to draw closer to God. As a Christian, we should want that, right?

What SA was getting at was one of the biggest objections that people have-- how can a loving God create a place of such extreme punishment? This topic directly relates to evangelism, in that we now have a better understanding of that topic should someone ask us, "Well, what about Hell? Is it real?"

Also, I don't think anyone was saying that Hell isn't a real place. Up until this point, we have all agreed that Hell is very real, that it is a place of total separation from God, and that it's a place of horrible torment due to that separation.

By posting in this thread we all learn new things. With these new things we can witness even more and answer questions we could not when people as us them. Also by reading this post an unsaved person my be saved just becasue of what we talked about here.

mmm... i'm back now and i'm flooded with bold underlined text... ack. and NOW DV IS ACTIVE! :p

well, to conspiredseed.

:i just wanted to let people know of a differerent idea of what it is... I know it doesn't matter. I didn't expect such a big topic. :)

I don't know y u want me to read it but I just finished reading through all the posts.
Since I'm no longer christian and donn't believe in hell, I'm not really scared of going there.
But if its seperation from god, arn't we already here. Since most of u believe in christ/god u always say u talk to u and answers your prayers. But like I've said in other posts when something good happens to me I think its luck or just something random. So to me if there is a god we're already seperated from him, he doesn't come by and chat, or call me to see how I'm doing.

hell is, complete darkness, lonelyness, misery and eternal flames. that i believe is hell

Back