Open Discussion on the Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

PraiseH_BlessH

I've decided to create this thread for open discussion on the alliance, in order to maintain transparency within SoE, as well as openness between the guilds. More importantly, there has been demand from members that guild issues be brought to light--and not be kept secret from the public. I believe it's a legitimate demand.
On a specific note, some members have been curious as to the situation of HsC and HOLY. I seek to dispel any rumors that have been circulating. The following fact is true: Unfortunately, these two wonderful guilds have indeed decided to leave SoE alliance. The reason for their departure stems from the recent inactivity of this alliance (a reason that I personally wouldn't disagree with), as well as issues with recruitment policies of other guilds.
I cannot overstate the importance of this point: the purpose of this thread is not to incite argument, but to maintain clear and transparent communication about what is going on. Secrecy is not an effective way to deal with conflict. Thank you for you consideration, and God bless.

"For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." -Hebrews 4:12 (KJV)

Aaah, thanks for clearing this up! I was wondering about this, and I appreciate you dispelling the rumors for us.

It is very sad that they are leaving! God bless them nonetheless, and I wish them the best of luck in their new alliance.

In His name,
Orion Wellshot,
Promise of Noah
Lupus Neco
[WWJD]

To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven; [...] a time to break down, and a time to build up; --Ecclesiastes 3:1,3b

Speaker has already summed up the main reasoning. All of the leaders of [HsC] have felt that it is time for us to be on our own for a while. We feel like we've been dealing with alliance issues for a while and have been neglecting the well being of the people within our own guild. We feel the best way to build up our guild is to fly solo for a while and focus on our ministry in God. We've been in prayer about this for a long while; every officer of [HsC] feels that this course of action is what God wants us to do.

With that said, we don't know where we'll be in the far future, or even the beginning of next year. We'll go where God leads us. If that means we'll come back to the [SoE] alliance, then so be it. :)

We will all miss you all and we pray that God will continue to bless your lives and the future of this alliance.

I also just want to say that there is no hard feelings. From a leadership standpoint. Not much has been done by anyone and issues have been overlooked. Furthermore things will be changed soon in the coming weeks after Halloween and the definite sugar hangover ;

With that said, we don't know where we'll be in the far future, or even the beginning of next year. We'll go where God leads us. If that means we'll come back to the [SoE] alliance, then so be it. :)

I was just thinking about this earlier today: I still plan on hosting a district(s) for the Canthan New Year in February. Maybe if nothing has happened since then between SoE and HsC/HOLY we could still agree to work together on that ministry and service.

Also on one final note for now: In no way, shape, or form is HsC or HOLY going to be excluded from alliance events on SoE's side like PvP or VQ nights or anything else we might come up with. You guys are always welcome to come visit and play with us and I plan on every party having in some form of contact.

I hate to see you guys leave, but I do understand. I will miss going vanquishing with you guys on Saturdays.

Fire Walker

I'm sad to see you guys go and I'll miss seeing you in ally chat. I'll be sure to keep in contact though. May God Bless HOLY and HsC, it was great having you in the alliance!

now that this has been brought out into the open i would like to know how is the SOE going to rectify the situation. Let's just say we in the GFC brought this up a looooong time ago in private.

I'm sorry to see you guys go. I've really enjoyed the Saturday evening events and the TS Bible studies. However, I do understand why you're leaving and I can't disagree with the reasons. It sounds like the right decision.

One thing I'd like to see come out of all this would be regular cross-guild officer meetings. Hold a weekly officer meeting and have it mandatory that each guild send at least 1 officer to attend the meeting. I think that's reasonable. If a guild cannot send a representative one week, then just send an e-mail to the leader and officers of what was discussed. If a guild fails to attend any meetings then discuss why and see if something can be accomodated.

I don't think these meetings should be just to discuss problems. They could be leadership and fellowship meetings. The attendees would discuss alliance events that are coming up. Plan PvP schedules, Vanquishes, other events, prayer requests, fund raising for Alliance bank, concerns within the guilds and of course discuss minor problems before they become major problems.

That is a great idea, Raven. I'm a participant in two virtual communities that meet monthly via the telephone. The same could be done via TeamSpeak or something similar. They are actually pretty productive, now that we have all gotten the hang of it. One moderator - a specific agenda - time for input - a quitting time.

In one thread Stc had mentioned having an SoE/SOE officers meeting to discuss alliance matters. Has a date been set for that? Who would set the date?

Great idea

I couldn't agree more with Raven and Abba on this. We really need to get this going and I would be more than happy to attend these weekly meetings for WWJD. What's the next step?

I do hope to still be on good terms with those in the SoE alliance, lack of unity among leadership was the largest contributing facto to HOLY's departure, I do not know where we are going, but I trust God to lead us there.

I pray for your success in our absebce, but right now it is not where we are supposed to be.

God bless you guys, OrryW.

Brandon - the next step is to actually get together. I don't know who's responsibility it is to call an online meeting. I know we have been talking about it for some time now.

How about - Thursday, November 5 - 6:00pm Pacific - in the SOE Guild Hall - using TeamSpeak?

If that is a problem for people - just say when would be better. The important thing right now is for someone to just say when.

HOLY and HsC should not have left. Things could have and should have been worked out. It is NOT right for an entire guild to just up and leave. Have issues, work them out, BUT DON"T LEAVE! individuals don't want to be in alliance, individuals leave, NOT THE WHOLE GUILD!

HOLY and HsC should not have left. Things could have and should have been worked out. It is NOT right for an entire guild to just up and leave. Have issues, work them out, BUT DON"T LEAVE! individuals don't want to be in alliance, individuals leave, NOT THE WHOLE GUILD!

Bonita..you're just wrong here. This was brought up by GFC more than a year ago and we were blown off. It just took two of the larger members to leave for SOE to realize the problem existed and it wasn't jsut a single small guild complaining without reason. They have been led by prayer(which is what they posted on their own forums) so if that is their leading that is where they need to go.

Thanks, Hescominsoon - that is right. People and guilds are free to come and go as they please. Neither their integrity nor their eternal security is affected by a decision to leave.

I just hate it they felt the need to leave - that is what I think SoE/SOE has to address.

They have prayed about this, they feel peace in doing so, and I can't see folly in that. It is a problem, and I would like to address it. But to declare a prayer led decision not right I believe is an affront on their spiritual relationships with God. In any case, if I may be of service in anyway, just let me know. By the way, I realize I may be one of the 2 East Coast officers, but 6 pm Pacific is kinda late for me.
Joey.

Bonita - calm down - no need to caps us.

I wish they had not left - but they did absolutely nothing wrong. If I decided today to leave SOE to join WWJD just because I wanted to see those initials behind my name - that is okay. Nothing wrong with it whatsoever - whether I prayed about it or not. I get to decide what guild or alliance I want to be part of.

RubberDucky - there aresome weeks I could meet as early as 5:00 Pacific but I never know when I will be done with work by then. 6:00 is a safer time for me.

So - how do we work out the three hour difference? A weekend? A morning?

Bonita, this was a situation with a guild's leadership praying and making a decision to leave. I can't see them resigning from their guild and leaving the guild in place in the alliance. I'm very sad to see them go, but I don't fault them for leaving. They brought up concerns that were not addressed due to lack of leadership from SoE/SOE.

Hescominsoon, I didn't realize you were in GFC playing Guild Wars. What is your in-game name? I didn't know you guys had brought up concerns.

If we continue as an alliance, in addition to having regular meetings in TS, I think it is critical to create an alliance leadership forum under the CGA banner (because I don't think GFC is part of ToJ? All these various groups and subgroups confuse me... lol). I don't mind paying for a domain name and point it to the alliance forum to make it easier to find. We currently have an alliance forum over on xfire, but it stinketh as it lacks functionality.

I'm open to almost any time to meet. I just need to get it on my schedule. We could meet on a Saturday in order to meet earlier to accommodate the east coast folks and not conflict with those that need to get up early for school or work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back