Priest QQ on the boards??

FiremanThul

I was just reading the wow forums, and found quite a bit of priest QQ about healing. I do feel I'm a decent healer, and I definitely agree that healing in cata is MUCH different than before, but I like it, and it's very possible if you pay attention to the meticulous nature of healing in cata.

I do wonder if those who are doing the biggest crying are ones who are in groups that refuse to CC. Blizzard has said many times over that they are upset with the most recent state of dungeons, where each group is pulled, aoe tanked, and burned. They intended to make these groups harder to force CC, yet I'm still seeing groups refuse to do it. The only person who suffers in this is the healer, who is struggling to keep up, so dps likely doesn't care.

My holy priest is doing just fine!

The groups with shams that aoe tank and pull, and holy pallies for that matter, I have yet to see run out of mana and fail to keep up.

However, with priests of any sort they always seem to struggle even with CC.

I feel them honestly, there's a vast disparity between priests and shams and pallies atm.

I have a disc priest at lvl 40 and have no trouble healing. I'm not sure how holy would be but disc is kinda fun IMO.

As a druid if the CC is spot on then I can keep up, but if it's lacking at all. (Even on my part) It's rough..I haven't had to sleep anything since vanilla but had a few issues at first, I just need to get used to it again =/ But mana wise..I am just barely making it.. spirit is becoming my best friend ATM cry!

Well, I might retract my previous statement a bit. I am surprised at how much your stats change between levels now. Sure I'm up to 85k hps and 58k mana, but my spells cost exponentially more and my mana regen is not scaling well with my new mana levels (both base amount and cost per cast).

For example, while meticulous and difficult, At level 83, I had no problems keeping up with the first dungeon in uldum (can't remember the name, the white one). Now at level 84, I am oom after every pull. I'm scared to think of what 85 will bring.

I read a blue post that says they are going to look in to it, I hope they do, and soon..

I read a blue post that says they are going to look in to it, I hope they do, and soon..

I hope they don't make it easy mode again soon. Hopefully they keep it challenging (fun) for a little while.

My priest always goes oom after every pull if the group doesn't CC.

It's completely nuts. It isn't that priests are broken, it's just that the game is different - I like it... but I'd also like it if the DPS would adapt :p.

You need to read the priest/healer section here.

Last edited:
my poor disc priest. Most groups I have to use every trick in the book just to keep the group alive, much less healed to any 'safe' level due to mana issues. There are two trinkets that drop from dungeons, one from Halls of Origination and one from somewhere else that have a chance to proc a large spirit buff. Having both those on helps mana issues a ton.

Well it looks like they are making healing even more difficult for pallies. Or they realized it wasn't difficult enough as compared to other healers.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/143288/holy-paladin-nerfs

Good thing we don't really use LoD that often. I wonder if they would clarify what they mean by using HL w/ Holy Radiance.

Couldn't be more excited about this. And I'm not joking. Seriously.

Last edited:
"Aah! I have blues and i'm spamming my most mana expensive heal and I keep going OOM AHHHHH NERF PLZ!"

It'll improve in time as priests learn to be more mana efficent and get better gear imo.,

"Aah! I have blues and i'm spamming my most mana expensive heal and I keep going OOM AHHHHH NERF PLZ!"

It'll improve in time as priests learn to be more mana efficent and get better gear imo.,

It will get better. But, we will still be the worst healers in the game.

Priest heals take longer, heal for less and wear cloth
Druid heals for more and wear leather
Shamans have totems and wear mail
Paladins heal faster and wear plate

Duh....

Not all priests use their most expensive spells though.

It's true that G heal costs 1200 less mana, its also more than a second slower than flash heal.

What I try to do is use renew (3094 mana) and the AoE ground heal from Chakra (~6k mana) and heals rather well... stays down for a while too.

The most viable options right now are to stop healing DPS that can't avoid damage and to use CC.

Right. You seem to be adapting, some are not. I had a Paladin healer in my group that thought it would be a great idea to bring five waters and use divine plea and some trinket for mana. I was patient with him but man it was annoying. I have to disagree about priests being bad heals; they are the only healing class that can stop you from taking damage consistently with bubbles. Priests are pretty unique and valuable, and if I am forming a group I always get one. At the end of the day? To conserve mana, follow this : Stupid cannot be healed. If the DPS don't move out of the fire, they are just gonna have to die. They will adapt, after a while.

Last edited:

Yeah, not the case at all.

Even intelligently using Chakra: Serenity, heal refreshing renew, prayer of mending, and the instant heal for serenity, you will still run oom @ 85. I'm doing it already at 84.

If the tank is being a moron and taking too much damage, if the dps refuses to CC or focus fire and I have to do an oh-crap heal spam to keep everyone alive, I'm lucky to make it through the fight without hitting mana pots and hoping hymn replenishes enough to finish it.

It's not a matter of "learning to be more mana efficient", it's a matter of the steep changes between levels in mana cost of spells, mana regen from spirit, and mana pool available. These three stats are not scaling together at all.

Good. I loved discipline priests in WOTLK. LK was always into eating you and your armor alive with Soul Reaper; bubbles from priests were one of the only things to stop that. Glad to see discipline priests are still in business.

Like Icthus said, they never really went out of business. I didn't play as a disc priest in WoTLK because I wasn't very good at it... and I'm still not, haha.

I hope as priest's mana pools get bigger that holy becomes more viable... I'm a better holy priest.

Back