Question for theists...

Am have explained them to the best of my ability. And I was able to explain everything to you, just becasuse i havnt scientifically proven it to you does not mean I have not explained it.

I logically and scientifically explained about the Dogs and evolution, and bibically explained where dinosaurs fit into history.

Byblos, this is what you have said...

"One Dog is all of the Dogs, we dont know how many species of dog there were back then. Heck back then there could have been only one type of dog!" "They werent on the ark, except maybe alligator looking things obvoisly."

And I ask you, again, why weren't the dinosaurs on the ark? If the dinosaurs existed during Noah's time, then wouldn't that mean Noah disobeyed God by not bringing representatives on the ark? Even if an alligator were brought on board, it alone could not have been representative of ALL the dinosaurs.

"The seafaring dinosaurs... Im not to sure, There is a reason, they drown or something beacuse of the pressure, or no food... There is an answer i just cant think of it at the moment."

Here you say there is an answer, you just can't think of it at the moment. Why don't you just say you don't know if you don't know? There's no harm in admitting you don't know the answer to something. If you have theories, let me hear them. And you have yet to answer me on this: "What I asked, regarding their disappearance, was how you rationalized the death of land dinosaurs, but could not rationalize the death of seafairing dinos, or airborn dinos (they could have landed on the ark). Nor did you rationalize how plant life was able to remain without sunlight and in the presence of salt water."

As for this, "Whre do they fit into the bible.... AS THE GIANTS"

I think you are horribly off base here. Can you show me the verses you are referring to? Where is the term GIANT used to represent dinosaurs?

Answering questions logically and scientifically means showing reason and evidence behind your statements. You have not done that, all you have done is throw theories out there with no support.

I never said an alligator was a dinosaur...

They didnt speak english back then did you ever consider that they had different words for dinosaur and animal?

I do know, but I cnot think of it. Forgetting is something humans often do.

THe word giant means large creature does it not? Giants are refered to alot in the old testament and are never described as humanoid, so why couldnt they have been dinosaurs?

I always find it hilarious when someone makes fun of someone else's intelligence all the while not being able to spell words like imbecile correctly.

I never said there was one solid, concrete answer.  What I said was that if you are going to posit a theory, you should be able to back up said theory with REASONS for it.  You have a long history of not doing that.

Are you sure you aren't confusing the word GIANT with BEHEMOTH?  I think that may fit in closer with what you are trying to say.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]THe word giant means large creature does it not? Giants are refered to alot in the old testament and are never described as humanoid, so why couldnt they have been dinosaurs?"

Once again, you are WRONG.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]2 Samuel 21:20
And there was yet a battle in Gath, where was a man of great stature, that had on every hand six fingers, and on every foot six toes, four and twenty in number; and he also was born to the giant.
(Whole Chapter: 2 Samuel 21 In context: 2 Samuel 21:19-21)

2 Samuel 21:22
These four were born to the giant in Gath, and fell by the hand of David, and by the hand of his servants.
(Whole Chapter: 2 Samuel 21 In context: 2 Samuel 21:21-23)

1 Chronicles 20:4
And it came to pass after this, that there arose war at Gezer with the Philistines; at which time Sibbechai the Hushathite slew Sippai, that was of the children of the giant: and they were subdued.
(Whole Chapter: 1 Chronicles 20 In context: 1 Chronicles 20:3-5)

1 Chronicles 20:6
And yet again there was war at Gath, where was a man of great stature, whose fingers and toes were four and twenty, six on each hand, and six on each foot and he also was the son of the giant.
(Whole Chapter: 1 Chronicles 20 In context: 1 Chronicles 20:5-7)

1 Chronicles 20:8
These were born unto the giant in Gath; and they fell by the hand of David, and by the hand of his servants.
(Whole Chapter: 1 Chronicles 20 In context: 1 Chronicles 20:7-9)

This is hilarious to you... I want maiking fun of you... so you belive i cannot spell. OK then sinch I spelled wtah like that I guess that means i am incapable of spelling what.

thats one giant man, thats not the giants of cainan, thats a signle being.

oh yeah looks like I do not know how to spell single...
Ya know what, Im going to do like the rest of them and just give up.

Let's be fair, you're the on that inferred I was an imbecile, remember?

This is what you specifically said, "THe word giant means large creature does it not? Giants are refered to alot in the old testament and are never described as humanoid, so why couldnt they have been dinosaurs?"

Nowhere did you say anything about the Giants of Canaan. You need to be more specific.

You said that NOWHERE IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WERE GIANTS EVER DESCRIBED AS HUMANOID. I showed that your statement was false, it was incorrect, it was a fallacy.

THats not the Giants that a single giant. My statment is true, you just showed you do whatever it takes to prove others wrong instead of finding out the truth...

Ya know what your right, 8,000 people that go to my chapel, all of the PHDs, schientists, Doctors and the other Millions of poeple in the US that go to a calvary chapel and the millions more that go to one around the globe, and the millions that go to Chapels like it are all completely Illogical. We know nothing, we are all just insane because we cannot prove what we belive..... Did you ever consider that we know oemthing you dont, and your human mind cannot understand it? Only the soul can, God doesnt speak to the mind, he speaks to the soul, NO matter how idiotic you are there is the same chance of you knowing God, why because it has nothing to do with intelict and how much smarter you are then everyone.. It has to do with desire to do right. If you desire to follow a rightous God and go to heaven with him, then that is what you will do but If you want to do like you and live for youself, wasting your time trying to leanr the ways of this doomed world, then do that and Go down with the Earth. I am not here ot argue with people who want God to be untrue, Why do you want god to beuntrue? because if God ismnt true then you arent going to hell and you can live your life doing whatever you want to, but if god is real then your in deep doo doo and you will do anything you can to deny that. Sure go ahead and accuse us all of being insane, You dont understand because you dont want to, if you wanted these things ot be true and you wanted there ot be a strict and rightous God there would be but if you want anything else, youll only end up wih destruction. Once again im not here to argue with poeple like yourselfm I used to be one like you and its a watse of time, Christians cannot prove it and non-christians cannot prove it. Its faith, beliveing without proof.

I don't understand how you accuse me of going out of my way to prove you wrong when I am using your exact words.

I'm not going to let you redirect this conversation.

This is exactly what you said, "THe word giant means large creature does it not? Giants are refered to alot in the old testament and are never described as humanoid, so why couldnt they have been dinosaurs?"

Your statement that giants were NEVER described as humanoid is incorrect. Simple as that. If you meant something else, then you need to be specific. Going by what you said, it is clear that your statement is FALSE.

Now how am I convoluting this to make you look like you're making false statements? I am going by the information that you have given me.

Going out of your way... you are here on these forums not to learn form us but to challenge us, which is all you have done.

I am not going to argue with you, nothing good can come from it.

So that's it, you're not going to admit you were wrong?

Fine, live in your own little shell.

And contrary to your belief, I learn quite alot from people here. That doesn't mean I'm going to convert to Christianity. I hope I bring something to the table as well. Do I expect people to deconvert? No, not at all, that's not why I'm here.

I would like, however, for you to question WHY you believe. You of all people should really be asking themselves that.

OK guys... This has become a very "lively" discussion. May I suggest that the two of you back a way for a bit, collect your thoughts and then come back to the topic at hand. I believe we were discussing dinosaurs and hominids. Let's bring it back there.

Gen

Nah, Im done with him. and since no christians seem to want to say anything about it, he can just argue with another non-beliver and see how far that gets him.

Well according to christiananswers.net, they claim that dinosaurs WERE on the ark and they existed after the flood. But they have no idea how or why they died out.

Ok, now I have another question.

Several Christian sites claim that dinosaurs were aboard the ark, but they died out because the climate of the earth changed drastically after the flood.

Why then, did God want Noah to go through all the trouble of saving these animals just to put them into a new world they couldn't possibly live in. Does that make sense?

Back