Rift!

dude... its really fun!
Will def see how beta 6 turns out and how the next month goes in WoW. Will play a part in a decision.

Last edited:
maybe it will be like war where you just want pvp where the developers intended. I guess as long as you can flag pvp I could be ok on pve server.

dude... its really fun!
Will def see how beta 6 turns out and how the next month goes in WoW. Will play a part in a decision.

What's worse is how I can't play due to college proxy. :|

At least I got Champions F2P. >_>

You sad about the proxy thing, or how I have to play a bad hero game? :p

GAHH! I hope this next beta works. If it does and I like it, i'd help out fo sho xion :)

Konnichiwa, folks! As Sean can tell you, the Rift beta has been awesome. I just wanted to pop by and say two things:

1) I can't wait for release day! I've got my copy pre-ordered from Amazon, and it should arrive on launch day. :D

2) Since I pre-ordered from Amazon, I have ONE extra beta key to give away, good for ONE round of scheduled testing. There are only two rounds of testing left before the March 1st release date. First come, first serve. Beware, though. I'm also posting this elsewhere to give my circle of friends a fair shot. :p

Just PM me if you'd like the beta key. ^_^

Also, I'm not sure if it's been posted yet, but here's the remaining beta schedule:

Beta 6: Planar War

* Feb 4th, 18:00 GMT - Feb 7th, 18:00 GMT
* Levels 1-35 (Guardian and Defiant)
* Access to Scarwood Reach, King's Breach and the Whitefall Warfront!
* Telara is left in chaos as the elemental planes force their way into reality. The armies of Earth, Water, Air, Fire, Life, and Death launch devastating invasions through the rifts opening across the land. Beat back the invasions and eliminate the planar blight that's eroding this once-peaceful world.

Beta 7: Telara the Merciless

* Feb 15th, 18:00 GMT - Feb 21nd, 18:00 GMT
* Levels 1-42 (Guardian and Defiant)
* Access to Moonshade, Droughtlands and the Runic Descent Warfront!
* A tireless and unending horde, invaders from the planes continue their assault on Telara. The final (beta) battle is at hand and the fate of the planet depends on the courage and strength of Telara's champions. Become one of the Ascended and fight for a world that's on the brink of losing all hope.

God bless, and if you're planning on playing Rift, I hope to see you online!

- Ryo

I have a key with 20ish uses left if anyone wants as well. (came with 25)
I think Curse still has some VIP keys left too. 19% left when I checked this morning.

Nice! I'd assumed sites like Curse would have run out by now. By all means, if anyone wants a key for the remainder of testing, get a VIP key. The key I have allows for only one beta phase, so it's on the lower end of the spectrum. :p

I don't recall WoW having live events or quests that made you feel special...the game REALLY gets good after level 8...and the game feels like you are in a war, rather than in a play pin... :p

Edit: i hit 4000 posts... :p

Several testers say the game really picks up for some classes post lvl 20+. Personally, I agree with you and am enjoying this game immensely from the get go. My daughter loves it also. Can't wait to play again. Love the fact we can acquire all souls from each class and have 4 different builds saved from all those souls. A PvP Assassination rogue that can switch to Markman/Ranger for PvE and again to Bard for support with tons of interchangeable souls to add in more utility makes my head pop off!

I am definitely interested in a ToJ presence in this game! I would personally prefer to play on a PvP server as rifting + PvP adds a ton of chaos, excitement, and fun to the mix! If the guild is not as interested in PvP, I would certainly make toons to play with the guild on a PvE server.

Tek,
Marksman/Ranger/Bard is a powerful combination if you like pet classes. Be sure to also try out a Beastmaster/Champion/x from the Warrior class, or a Druid/Shaman/x from the Cleric class as these also have pets! (Necro/Chloromancer/Warlock is also a nice caster pet class combo)

hahah Marksman/Ranger/Bard is exactly what I thought about playing first. Ranged with pet and crazy buffs. Sounds fun. Tho I kinda want to throw in some saboteur for the cool adhesive and stun bombs.

I am all about pvp for this game. Really want to be on a pvp server and also Guardian faction for the instant pvp queues. I love that you can travel through rifts and mess with the other faction during invasions.

Last edited:
hahah Marksman/Ranger/Bard is exactly what I thought about playing first. Ranged with pet and crazy buffs. Sounds fun. Tho I kinda want to throw in some saboteur for the cool adhesive and stun bombs.

I am all about pvp for this game. Really want to be on a pvp server and also Guardian faction for the instant pvp queues. I love that you can travel through rifts and mess with the other faction during invasions.

Bard/Ranger has a lot of synergy. Pet takes and holds aggro in pve, plus deep in the bard tree you get nice heals and buffs plus an ability that gives you 5 combo pts. Even if you put 0 pts in Saboteur as your third soul, you still get a nice aoe snare. Marksman gets some nice dmg and range...Sab starts off with lower range for charges, but you can improve range a bit more with the soul tree. Saboteurs are very nice to have in group PvP...so...many....CHOICES!!!

Last edited:
A Marskman/Ranger/Bard build sounds like the logical and responsible build for people wanting to help their parties...

...but I just can't resist the allure of a Hunter/Rogue hybrid. I can it now:

"Well, I see this lone boar attacking me, and I know it belongs to someone, but I can't--HURK!" Crit backstab.

Yesss.

hahah yes! You want like ranger/marksman/assassin

Tek you in on the beta this Friday? You gots to check it.

Saboteur is pretty epic. The damage from five Adhesive Bombs and Detonate is insane. I tried Marks/Rang/Sab on Beta 5, and loved it. But I think I plan on Night/Rang/Bard at release. I want the melee and stealth when needed, and Ranger has my type of playstyle: Hunter! Bard buffs and off-heals seem like they'd synergize(sp?) really well with just about anything.

Back