River City Ransom: Underground

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
River City Ransom: Underground is now on Kickstarter, seeking $180,000 (CAD) by October 9. Developed by Conatus Creative, the game is an officially-licensed follow-up to the original Technos Japan NES game. The developer acquired rights to the beat-em-up in April.

River City Ransom: Underground will feature an 8-bit-style look while also expanding to include more playable characters and four-player cooperative multiplayer. The game is currently in development for PC only, though the developer noted that with enough support, it could appear on consoles as well.
Source: River City Ransom follow-up goes live on Kickstarter

I've said elsewhere that River City Ransom is one of the greatest brawlers ever (EVER) and I still stand by that statement. After watching the video on the RCR: Underground Kickstarter page, I'm more excited than a grown man should be at the prospect of a proper follow-up to RCR.

If you, like me (and Gerbil!) are a fan of RCR, check out the River City Ransom: Underground Kickstarter page and consider backing the project.

Protip: $15 CAD = $14.50 USD.

Ooooooh I wants but I bet finding people to play with will be hard. Also I am a cheapskate XD .

I really hope they don't cuss it up. The original didn't have language but no one seems to care about that when they do re-makes nowadays :/ .I do seem to remember seeing a pixelated butt but it was comedic and male :p . Also I hope they make it tougher because it was ridiculously easy to beat.

Ooooooh I wants but I bet finding people to play with will be hard. Also I am a cheapskate XD .

I really hope they don't cuss it up. The original didn't have language but no one seems to care about that when they do re-makes nowadays :/ .I do seem to remember seeing a pixelated butt but it was comedic and male :p . Also I hope they make it tougher because it was ridiculously easy to beat.

I think that is due to at that time people cared more about the language, but now the general population seems to like all the cussing. It would be fun to play again.

Loved playing this game back in the day on my old NES. I especially liked how you could hit your partner if he grabbed that chain you wanted.

My brother bought me an NES for Christmas last year with a bunch of classics. River City Ransom was not in the package however. :(
I do have some really nice classics though like both Zeldas, Metroid, Final Fantasy, Contra, all the Mario's and Dunk Hunt. I was raised on the 8 bit system. Atari was a few years before my time. Anyway, interesting fact about old gen systems on next gen TV's. Duck Hunt will NOT work on the new flat screen TV's. Doesn't matter if its LCD, Plasma, ect. If you do not have the old tube style TV the flashes won't register to the gun, and the dog will laugh at you for eternity. Luckily I found 42" tube in my buddies parents basement that surprisingly has great picture quality. However, it weighs 500 lbs. -.-
WORTH! :D

P.S. if anyone happens to know where I might obtain a copy for realitively cheap I'm game, pun intended. :D

8 days to go and $54,776 CAD left to raise.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this game would have already been funded if not for the unfortunate timing of running consecutively with The Mighty No. 9 and Shantae: Half-Genie Hero.

Please consider backing this game. I'll confess my plea is a selfish one as I really, really want to play this game. But I figure some of you all might want to as well. :)

YAY! THE GAME IS FUNDED! WOOHOO!

EDIT: Still 40 hours to go for stretch goals! Only $11,896 CAD to go for Mac and Linux ports!

Last edited:
Back