• No thanks, but Saturday sounds good >.>

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keero

Tribe of Judah Membership Administrator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb-gI_pFog0 While you read. >.>

Wondering if some of you guys would be willing to have a Real-Time/Turn-Based Strategy game night? With the many titles coming out in the next few weeks, would be a good chance to brush up on our Commanding And Conquering skills, seeing who is the the Supreme Commander in this new Dawn Of War when we go to uh, Craft Stars? If not, we can always bug each other on Steam to see who's up for a game, that always works too. These nights WILL include older games.

If so, what night? Not laying down a specific time, but all day should be good. And yes, it has to sound cheesy. :p

Real Time Straturdays?
Free For All Fridays?
Thurg Rush? kekekekeke
...and Sunday. :|

Edit: You can vote two or three different nights, it's whatever works better for you guys.

Last edited:
Yes!! I have exercised my democratic duty and voted!! Multiply by 1!

I'd be up for it but I don't see many people into the RTS realm.

The games we could be playing:

- Dawn of War 2
- Company of Heroes
- Tiberian Sun/Firestorm
- Red Alert

The online servers are shut down IIRC. You could probably still connect via lan though.
And if LAN is all that remains, there's always Tunngle. Or Hamachi.

NOTE: I haven't tested either of these programs so you're on your own with either.

EDIT: Anything that helps breathe new life into our Strategy Section is win.

I've used Hamachi in the past, and I've got no complaints. It should be able to handle some old school gaming with no problems.

Friday or Saturday is good for me as well, I am still enjoying the C & C 4 Beta till Friday then it releases in Europe on the 19th unless it gets pushed back again :)

So are we picking a day first and then go through some possible games to play?

Right. I know everyone doesn't have each RTS out there, but we should be able to find some common ground. Don't believe it should be a "we play Game A only, next week it's Game B only" ordeal, but mainly focusing on matching up gamers in general on these nights.

Looks like Saturday is winning so far.

Maybe we should start planning for our very first Tribe of Judah Straturday? :D

Every other Saturday evening I'd be available to play. My favorite rts was/still is C & C Generals w/expansion but I quit playing it because of the dreaded mismatch errors.

Tek, will you be posting a list of games? I've got most of the C & C games, Dawn of War with most expansions and Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth 2. I know someone mentioned the original Starcraft w/Brood Wars; I used to have it but not sure if I know where the discs are and unfortunantely, I pretty much always stunk at that game, lol!

My favorite RTS atm (or all time actually) is LoL.

Its free to play and downloadable. Doesn't get easier than that.

No penalty if you don't play too often (other than losing the experience you gain as a player... but what game doesn't do that), games are fairly short and RIOT engineered donations so they don't make a player more powerful, just more unique (money does help though, but you can do all the important things with out it).

Moderator's note: Thread closed.

Please see the Straturday thread for more information about our weekly Strategy Section event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back