Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Maybe (with guidance)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• Maybe when I'm older

• Total voters
Or Resident Evil, Silent Hill, and Eternal Darkness.
smile.gif

Man.. I did freak out when i first got to see the flood (i started as normal in halo pc, when i first started it). I saw huge red stuffs on my motion tracker and i turn around, OH NOES the door is locked. I swear i tried everything to break the door open (8 grenades wasted, half my pistol shot and meleed it at least 40 times) till i realized i was almost engulphed by the small floods. I did realise soon that assault rifles worked wonders on these, but not the flood battle form.. Now its a joke even in legendary
laugh.gif

AVP2 is just about the freakiest game at a LAN. It's so much fun though! We play it at like every LAN around here, it's a classic! I hope they make a mod of it for HL2 when it comes out, with the new lighting technology it would look awesome! Another atmospheric game/mod thing is (dig up and dust off your Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 CD for this one!) The Laboratory, it's a mod for JK that just came out http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/3018.shtml Most of you probably won't find it that scary (if any of you happens to have JK and happens to care), but I played it in the dark, and the ending sequences made me jump a bit, it's a great mod for JK though.

Meh. Resident Evil didn't really scare me. I haven't played many survival horror games though, including most of the RE games.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flash @ Oct. 09 2004,7:03)]Man.. I did freak out when i first got to see the flood (i started as normal in halo pc, when i first started it). I saw huge red stuffs on my motion tracker and i turn around, OH NOES the door is locked. I swear i tried everything to break the door open (8 grenades wasted, half my pistol shot and meleed it at least 40 times) till i realized i was almost engulphed by  the small floods. I did realise soon that assault rifles worked wonders on these, but not the flood battle form.. Now its a joke even in legendary
laugh.gif
For goodness' sake!

The kid HASN'T PLAYED THE GAME and you're spoiling one of the few big plot twists! :-(

Anyway, Halo can be really bloody, if you just try hard enough...

(Windows Media or Quicktime.)

Check it out. :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dudedude7000 @ Oct. 09 2004,10:49)]AVP2 is just about the freakiest game at a LAN. It's so much fun though! We play it at like every LAN around here, it's a classic! I hope they make a mod of it for HL2 when it comes out, with the new lighting technology it would look awesome! Another atmospheric game/mod thing is (dig up and dust off your Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 CD for this one!) The Laboratory, it's a mod for JK that just came out http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/3018.shtml Most of you probably won't find it that scary (if any of you happens to have JK and happens to care), but I played it in the dark, and the ending sequences made me jump a bit, it's a great mod for JK though.
AVP2...I used to play that...until the crappy netcode drove me insane. It would be nice if they made a new avp and actually got a real engine this time.

ok, back to the ORIGINAL topic..
biggrin.gif
The blood can be disablled on the pc version of halo, (uncheck decals on the options menu) and if you want a good idea of content download the demo. That's my advice.

Sorry if I spoiled it. I doubt if he knows what the flood is though. Basically if you go to any Halo forum you will hear about it.
sad.gif

I agree Maxx, the netcode is extremely crappy, for one thing you can't see other people's flashlights, for another the text isn't even in sync! It'll say "Killerah ripped shadetaker a new one" on my screen while saying "Killerah blew shadetaker apart" on another screen! Takes some of the fun out of killing somebody at a LAN. But at a LAN the netcode is livable, I don't know about online though. I love doing evac with 2 lives for the alien(s) and 1 live for all the marines, and class weapon sets must be on.

Back