/sigh. i think i have lost sight of God

RubberDucky

life hasn't been very kind to me over the past........eight months. i have been going through mad hard trials that i really don't have the strength to go through. i have grown weary and i think i will faint soon. i know that God never leaves me but i think i have been dragged away from him in an ocean. at times i see him on the shore, waving his hands and calling my name. i try desperately to reach him but it seems that with every stroke i take forward the ocean pushes me four back. i miss my relationship with God but i don't know how to get back to him. he seems so far away and i just don't think i can tread this water any longer. please pray for me. i really need it.
Joey

definatly praying Joey! i know its hard, i have gone through that experiance, what helps me that God never gives us stuff we cant handle. He is testing you right now, and me, i never like to lose, so keep in there Joey, keep praying and God will give you strength.

yeah ive felt like that for the last month dude. its hard because when Gods not around for myself i go looking for other things that will make me happy, and i binge on gaming, friends, and computers, and i usually get alot done but it doesnt matter anymore in the end. takes some time. the biggest thing in the world is to continue to read ur bible. that piece helps the most

This spring break, head out somewhere by yourself and just talk to God. It's what I do--and not "praying", exactly, I mean having a conversation. Then again, I haven't been in your position before. I'm here for you if you need advice or whatever.

/hug Hang in there bro... when you hit the bottom... you can't go any farther, so its always better and better from there

life hasn't been very kind to me over the past........eight months. i have been going through mad hard trials that i really don't have the strength to go through. i have grown weary and i think i will faint soon. i know that God never leaves me but i think i have been dragged away from him in an ocean. at times i see him on the shore, waving his hands and calling my name. i try desperately to reach him but it seems that with every stroke i take forward the ocean pushes me four back. i miss my relationship with God but i don't know how to get back to him. he seems so far away and i just don't think i can tread this water any longer. please pray for me. i really need it.
Joey

Joey, I counted the word "I" sixteen times in your post, and references to God seven times. You are mentioning feeling pulled away from God, being unable to make it through your trials on your own. You're right.

The world is constantly pulling us away from God, and there is nothing that we can do on our own to go closer to Him. I've noticed this trend in many of your posts about being separated from God-- you are trying to reach Him yourself and not succeeding. My suggestion: stop trying, and plead with God to come to you. He isn't standing on the shoreline waving goodbye. He is waving to get your attention so you will call to Him!!

Joey, ask God to make himself known to you and give you what you need to get by. God does not despise a broken and contrite heart, and you certainly seem to be broken and earnestly seeking God. Seek Him on His terms, and you will find Him. His terms are simply letting Him meet you where you are, gather you into His everlasting arms, and carrying you where He wants you to be.

Resist the devil and he will flee. Use Jesus's name to put the devil under your feet and call out on the name of the most high God. Each and everytime you feel distant , PRAISE HIM FROM YOUR WHOLE HEART.
Go somewhere by yourself with no distractions. Put some great praise music in (Hillsong comes to mind) and PRAISE HIM. SHOUT it out to HIM.
My prayer for you:
Oh most kind and rightous God , let your love overshadow Joey and let him know that you are God and besides you there is NO other. Bless Joey Lord and let your spirit flow from thy throne and sprout everlasting joy and peace in his heart. In Jesus's name I pray, amen.

I'll be praying for you and you Atown. God bless, CS

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." ~2 Corinthians 12:9

I understand exactly where you are right now. I think in these moments God is trying to teach us that we cannot survive in this world on our own. When we run out of strength, it is then that we fully realize that God is our only hope. Broken and bleeding we finally turn from the world, and turn everything over to Him. You cannot fight your way to God. You must surrender to Him.

Ask God what he is trying to teach you.

I am praying for you.

Deuteronomy 4:29 But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul. 30 When you are in distress and all these things have happened to you, then in later days you will return to the Lord your God and obey him. 31 For the Lord your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your forefathers, which he confirmed to them by oath.

Praying my friend.

I also pray that you're sharing with somone who is a mature christian. IMO Forums don't count. When I'm down in the dumps I usually seek a helping hand from my God Father or spiritual father. I also have a friend named John who is my age. I share alot with him. When we share these things we expose them to the light. Read Romans chp 6. I read it a couple times a week. Rom 6 is not something you do its something you beleave. Find other Christian people to fellowship with.

IMO Forums don't count.

My relationship with my wife started on forums.

In some contexts, this medium is more effective, and in others, f2f would be more productive. Don't undermine the capability this brings.

RubberDucky, you still there?

RD, I sorta know how you're feeling with the despair thing now. My dad's getting shipped to [the safest part of] Afghanistan and I thought, "I prayed that this wouldn't happen--what's up with this junk?"

But I looked on the bright side after the initial pain, and thought, "Well, he won't be dodging bullets. He won't be doing much aside from training light infantry and, mostly, sitting behind a desk. He'll be back in July (of '08), he'll miss a lot, but it's not like World War II where people were stuck out in foreign countries for 4-5 years or something." It's hard sometimes, but if you look hard enough you'll find upsides to life's curve balls.

i am here. i went to the beach for a little bit of my spring break. i miss being close to him. i miss being able to feel God. i do feel like he is becoming closer. i am glad. i still have a long way to go but i can feel him coming closer. his light pushing out the shadows! it is awesome. please keep up the prayer.
Joey

Forums don't count

OOPS! Didn't mean to say it that way. What im getting at is this. Don't use the forums as a substitute for friendship. Don't get me wrong forums are great to meet people and socialize but sharing something with someone who is in front of you I feel is also very important.

Hope that clears things up ^_^

Ill keep praying! Dosn't this remind you of the song "Praise you in the storm" by Casting Crowns? I lissened to this song when alot of bad things were happeneing in my church and I felt alone.... Alot of people I cared about very much left and it really really hurt me. But I did learn alot from it and so will you.

i have dusted off some DC talk and found the CD intermission. it is pretty much me. i lost a battle today and gave into the temptation that has been gnawing at me for these months. chalk another one up for the flesh. /sigh. bed time.
Joey

Satan's mission is to see you pound on yourself. Do you often find yourself going though this cycle?

sin,beat on yourself,ask for fogiveness.

I use to go through this cycle. Satan would knock on my door, I would answer the temptation, then a lion (Satan) would bite my leg! I got mad at myself and I asked forgiveness. But meanwhile Satan was still on my leg! Satan wants to make us think that the issue will never be resolved. Its a battle of the mind. Satan wants you to think that your alone. But truth is, we're not. Satan is a defeated foe. Christ beat him remember? Resist the devil and he shale flee from you (james 4:7)! We need re-think how we think! We need to think, "Hey God says we're dead to sin and alive in Christ!" I wake up everydayand I have a choice. I can choose to be a miserable old cranky fart because of the way I feel, or, I can choose to be happy and enjoy the fruit of the spirit that God has blessed me with. And resist temptation! I can repel the lion on my leg because God says I can!

I hope this helps. Im not sure what the problem is (I might have an idea) but I hope this relates to you some how.

Im still praying!

Last edited:
Back